PSA: Don’t purchase character services right now

Just want to warn people that character services have been bugged since pre patch.

Transferring any character to another server will corrupt your full account.

So far, we’ve determined that all pet quest progress, all Secret quest progress, and all Mechagon toy collections will be reset. We have not determined the full affect but it appears to be affecting account wide things.

You can read more here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pet-battlecollection-broken/681040/92

14 Likes

Thats a bummer to hear - though I dont have any particular progress on the characters in question, I do intend on transferring oen or possibly two characters from my old server.

They better not end the current sale until they fix it.

5 Likes

Glad I did my transfers just prior to the prepatch.

Thanks for letting us know. :+1: I was planning on transferring a few of my daughter’s toons to the server where she actively plays.

1 Like

So we did not kill nazoth

3 Likes

Is this true? Was on the fence about buying a server change or 2 (since they’re cheap right now), but I think I’ll hold off now…

1 Like

“We” who?
/10char

im going to share it on reddit also

So then it doesn’t affect any part of the core gameplay loop? Raids, pvp and mythic+? Then who cares lol

Considering they’re supposed to be connecting lower pop servers… rewarding them with money for putting a pause on that to put in a “services sale” sounds like a better reason to not buy one.

so is the race change safe or its buged also

It appears so. If you click on the OP’s link, it’ll take you to a post in the Support forum. A lot of people seemingly have the same issue.

Who cares? A whole lot of people do. The self-centeredness of this current society is astounding. Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean that others feel the same. And since this is a paid service, they are right.

Oh that sucks. I didn’t notice it when I moved a horde hunter to a diff realm on alliance - but then again I did it to move over some gold and other stuff and then deleted the toon to make room for a heritage run…

THEN I realized it woulda been much cheaper to just buy 2 tokens with gold. /slaps-head

Thank you for the heads up!

1 Like

Not the dumbest comment I’ve seen today, but wow are you close.

FYI: other people enjoy/value different things.

1 Like

And I bet Blizzard won’t take responsibility for it either and fix it.

Ok well this explains… a lot. A little bummed but AFAIK the only casualties on my Warlock are my mechagon collection and I had to relearn battle pet training. I get to do all the battle pet quests again now I guess…

That actually made me laugh. I was honestly just trolling/baiting. I saw an opening and I took it.