PSA: "account wide" essences

Oh no, I’m just saying that without proof, none of your claims have any actual merit.
I generally agree with most of what you’re saying, but without actual proof, you really cannot make a factual claim of anything.

4 Likes

I’m grabbing a cloak on an alt so I’m ready for Tuesday - will find out then exactly how it works out. Lets give it a chance.

The good news, however, is that most of the “pain” in prior alt runs was the rank 3 for me. We shall see.

Combined with up to 9 guaranteed shots at corruption rng a week, feels like changes are real.

It would be funny if it took you as long to grind the new currency to buy the r3’s as it would have taken to earn them…

You’ve misread.

If one of your characters has a rank 3, any of your other characters will be able to SKIP ranks 1 and 2 of that essence.

Tbh, Even if it took the same amount of time or even slightly longer, I’ll be content.

I can grind this currency for weeks doing what I want. I couldn’t grind out 120k honor (for alts that want BotE) in bgs, and still have a desire to play the game at all afterwards.

I don’t think that’s correct. If you look at the blue post announcing this the other day, it specifically says:

The only thing that your alt will have to do is get to a point where they can do…

…because that’s where the currency needed to buy the essences comes from.

What they meant was that grinding the new currency to get the rank 3 on an alt may take just as long as if the alt were to grind up to rank 3 via that essence’s requirements. I really hope this isn’t the case.

:woman_shrugging:

Guess we’ll have to see how much currency we get and how fast.

Sooo…. take this cookie and shut up.

That’s the question of the day.

It was a planned cookie at least.
They’ve done this for several expansions now.

1 Like

Lol right? Not sure why everyone’s reacting

It’s why we’re calling them account earned essences

I like it. It’s sort of a kiosk. Love those. This ia definetly a step in the right direction for alts.

It could be that.

Or it could be that the final wing of LFR (the difficulty with the most players) was coming up soon and if you don’t have the cloak you instantly get mind controlled and can’t participate in the fight?

Your claims have no support. And demanding “proof” where you have no evidence to support your claim is kind of short sighted.

Players like to blame other players. Devs are fine with players blaming other players for bad design decisions. Devs don’t listen to thousands of random complaints and pick out one to implement a solution for.

It sounds like whatever the rate is for getting the currency vs buying the essence will also be in series right?

Hypothetically if it takes 2 weeks to buy this essence using the new currency it would take 4 weeks to buy 2 essences.

Which with that much of a lag you may as well work on the others in parallel.

1 Like

They don’t talk to the forum community, they’re jerks.

They talk to the community, they’re jerks.

You’re certainly a reasonable type of person.

1 Like

Really wish people would quote what they’re responding to so I can prove them wrong.

In order to make any claim, you need proof.

I have.

1 Like

Oh totally, my main takeaway from this change is that I’ll be able to circumvent the more egregious grinds and focus more on the things I actually want to do. I’ll still acquire the essences from my avenues of play the old fashioned way unless I’m just swimming in currency. Like im not going to buy focusing iris on my m+ alts and so on.

2 Likes