PSA: "account wide" essences

the word “eligible” means you have to have unlocked ranks 1 and 2 on that character to be able to purchase rank 3, so if you dont have a single rank 2 you wont be able to buy anything from the vendor until you grind them. dont get me wrong, this is a good change because grinding rank 3 on some esences takes weeks, but this is NOT account wide essences, this is just a “here, take this cookie and shut up”
you will still have to complete nazjatar storyline and grind 2400 follower xp to get rank 2 (8 days +) before you can buy rank 3

8 Likes

Where are you getting this info ? Nothing shows this to be true I highly doubt this is the case

5 Likes

That’s not how the official announcement reads, source please?

My only hesitation before I call this a resounding success is the currency cost vs acquisition rate.

9 Likes

That’s not how it works. You get straight to rank 3 if you buy it on alt using new currency. The only question is how much is cost and how much currency you can get from different activities…

6 Likes

idc anymore it’s way to late anyway. should of been done when essences came out. sad they have to have so many people to complain to do something when it should of already been there. i just want my old game back were the only thing i had to really worry about was getting tier.

19 Likes

Sadly tier is gone :frowning: hopefully it comes back in SL expansion.

‘When playing an alt character that is missing Essences that have already been earned on a different character’. Missing is the keyword here. ‘Eligible’ is in reference to if you have them unlocked your another toon. My thoughts anyway

You can directly by Rank 3 if you have earned a rank 3 with another character BUT you still have to earn the new currency first to be able to buy it.

So in short, another form of grinding is waiting for you…

5 Likes

People cant be happy with their toy box, they need to have all the toys in the store.

Funny that if it is bad as a system, it should be bad to everyone, and I dont see any big movement of “protest” besides the usual forum posters that complain about everything.

2 Likes

Well if it’s truly only rank 3s then I might have one I can get. One’s better than none I guess. On the flip I didn’t work very hard getting any of them on other characters; I skipped alts so much I barely got rank 2s on most of them. So it should be fairly easy to reacquire what my other characters have.

Could’ve sworn it said Mechagon and Nazjatar will be sold if you have any rank, just came from that thread actually. Maybe I misunderstood?

it’s the only way things get changed that are outrageous.

I didn’t see too many people against some form of account-wide essences other than the usual white knights on the forum who act like it’s their job to squelch complaints. In this specific instance the complaining paid off, and rightly so.

5 Likes

People assume what they want is the best for everyone…

They never stop for a second to think someone would actually like it another way.

Never think for a fraction of second that they might be the target of a “nerf” or a “throttle” or a “gate” to the benefit of other people.

That doesnt change anything. As it is painfully clear, they take the time when the original reason is not in the way anymore, and they change. Only people too nearsighted to not see it.

They are doing the leveling plain by curbing the ability of people to get more powerful, more powerful alts, more things, farther ahead, and loosen it when it is more of an end and everyone else already reached the level they want.

This is perfectly understandable, and obvious.

Screetching you dont like wont make it change. You think they took too long to do it ? They would do it at this time, this way, whether someone complained or not. They just are nice in letting you think it is your effort that change it.

Pretty much like politics.

PS: See how people really think that way ?
Other times they did the exact same thing about things people never asked for and no one noticed it is pattern.
"It is easier to fool people than it is to tell them they were fooled"

No, the devs decide based on feedback. Looks like they got more feedback FOR this change than against it.

Damn that’s cynical. You might be right, but still a bit cynical. :slight_smile:

Absolutely untrue. They only make changes when sub numbers start drastically dropping.

They know what people think. They mostly ignore that because the forums are not the sort of scientific sample they would have if they actually bothered to research before investing millions of dollars in development costs into something that would drive away customers.

2 Likes

Gonna need to see proof of that.

LOL. Keep your head in the sand. This content has been so badly accepted that they started a forum post on “how to get your cloak”, and then released a video on that same topic. I guess they couldn’t imagine that people would have chosen not to get the cloak. It must have been they were too stupid to know how.

They know exactly how many active or semi-active players have a cloak on their mains. They know how many alts have cloaks, and what level those cloaks are at. They know how many raiders and how many casuals have cloaks.

They know how many players came back and left, and how many have stopped playing since getting their cloaks.

Wouldn’t they release those numbers with pride if the content was popular?

And yet they started a poll thread on “what level is your cloak?”, where anyone could have every character vote, whether or not they were max level or even played the game.

3 Likes

Badly accepted, and loss of subs (in the amounts you’re speaking) are two different things. I didn’t like the systems that much, I’m still here. So again, proof, or you’re just presenting your opinion.

yeah I want to see a source here as well… or you’re saying this out of spite to hurt those that got happy for this.

1 Like