Proximity voice chat/open world voice chat

I think it would be neat to see WoW get open world voice chat or proximity voice chat? Anyone else’s thoughts?

4 Likes

Proximity chat is used for one thing.
Trash talking when you get killed.

It would be funny… for like 30 minutes.

3 Likes

immediately turns it off

13 Likes

It would be interesting. I’d for sure give it a go. I hate typing.

2 Likes

I’m picturing the movie Bruce Almighty! where Jim Carrey’s character is driven mad by all the prayers in his head.

As a tarkov player, this really isnt close to the truth in my opinion. Voip talk has been a much better time than when it was just recorded voice lines. Really dont think it’d be that bad.

1 Like

That could always be optional, I just wanna see players being social again. It is a MMO after all. Literally hardly any open world interactions in Azeroth, and when ya enter a dungeon literally no-one ever says anything to one another.

That’s the one thing I find the most annoying about ESO.

I have never played ESO, but I’d be interested in looking at it knowing it has Proximity Voice Chat.

I don’t know if it’s actually proximity but it auto turns on voice chat in cities and it was a pain to figure out how to turn it off.

Yeah, um…no. I don’t wanna hear the many variations on someone is gonna do something horrible to my mother… Look at Fortnight or those other games…

1 Like

I can see that being highly abused. Can’t type toxic garbage, so they go running by screaming it over voice. Yeah no thanks. Hated it in other games that use it, especially when the only option to not hear it was to turn off all sounds in game.

2 Likes

It would be a nightmare for me, I hate talking to people I don’t know over voice chats. :scream:

1 Like

With the little classic I play, this isn’t any different there.

Can you explain what you want exactly? A whole conversation for an hour when people just want to clear the dungeon?

If you mean just greeting each other, you saying hi will get most people to say hello back.

I think it would be a toxic disaster.

2 Likes

Maybe the OP wants a way to berate people for being dirty scrubs without having to go through the trouble of typing it out.

I think you should go to youtube and search for “Holdfast Nations at War shows the brutal reality” and watch the first video that comes up.

Proximity chat sounds great… on paper. in practice it is abused by trolls and children. when i played Planetside 2 extensively, id have to mute a dozen people per day, either from just nonstop trash talking, playing loud music or random noises. like the one night there was a guy broadcasting a buncha blip and static sounds saying “he was bringing rain finally to Auraxis!!”

so id be out on proximity chat, unless there is an easy 1 button mute/ignore for who is talking ATM. i believe its the “0” key in PS2, but even then… id rather pass on that.

I’d use it. Talking with people is half the point of an MMO tbh.
And Voice is better than Text most of the time.

Issue:
It’d have to be optional, and exactly 0 people use the existing in-game voice chat even for actual content. Opt-In Proximity Voice Chat in the world would go almost entirely unused.

1 Like

I wish people would stop and think about the things they ask for, for just two seconds.

1 Like