Proof of address for changing account country

Hi, so I got permabanned for a purchase before because the card I used is issued in a different country than my account country which causes suspicion. On my 3rd appeal and a week later the GM overturned the decision after my case was reviewed and told me he gave me 14 days of game time for free as a way of apology. He also advised me to change my account country to the one I am residing now.

So I opened a ticket and sent them my government issued ID as proof as it contains my name and address. But the GM told me she needed one more document for proof like electricity bills or water bills. I dont understand why my government issued ID is not sufficient enough but in my country water or electricity bills dont usually contain names. Can I use my bank statement instead as it contains my name and address?

There used to be an article that listed what kinds of identification is acceptable, but be darned if I can put my finger on it at the moment.

I think that may be okay? Worst case scenario, they say no. But when you send it, also explain that for those other bills that names aren’t included. See what they say from that - that’d be my best guess. It’ll still be some hours yet before our SFAs get in.

Also, glad to see the ban was overturned!

2 Likes

You could try your bank statement and one from your credit card as well plus your gov id.

I don’t know about your country, OP, but in the US when they want proof of residence, they need something showing you are actively living at an address. Receiving mail there. Usually some sort of official utility bill, financial statement, etc, is enough to do it.

I had to bring that kind of documentation with me to get my driver’s license and prove residence in my state. The same is true for most things in the US where you need to prove where you are actually living, not just what your Govt ID says.

You can change the country/region on your Battle.net account by using our country change self-service. If you are unable to do so, submit a legible image of a recent utility bill with your name and new address for manual review. :point_left:

9 Likes