[Prompt] Showing Love

Every culture, every family, every person has different ways that they show love and appreciation. How do you show someone you love them? Do you make them a special meal? Take them somewhere? Make or buy them a gift?

((Keep it PG-13 please))

Info

This is meant to be a fun exercise, so there aren’t many rules.

Prompts are fun little things meant to inspire. You don’t have to perfectly match the prompt. Just let it inspire a thought.

I’m going to try and post these weekly, sometime between Saturday and Monday probably. Feedback and prompt ideas are welcome, so feel free to post them in the archive thread. Some prompts will be more thought provoking, some more whimsical. Respect your fellow writers.

Disclaimer: I cannot take full credit for every prompt. Some of these I create on my own, some are prompts I’ve seen that I’ve taken a WoW spin to, and some I’ve seen and used in the past, some are ideas spoken in passing between me and coworkers, or guildmates, or some are offered directly from folks on the forums. If I’ve been directly given a prompt from another person, I will credit them unless they do not want to. Otherwise, know some of these are gained through many means.

Archive: Kersia's Prompt Archive and Discussion

5 Likes

/laugh (You do know I’m going to write something that pushes that boundary right?)

Personally I find nuanced affection much more interesting to read than cop out affection. Anyone can write a pair to hold hands, to kiss, to sex. These are universal displays. Everyone more than likely does them with their partners at some point. To me, these are the paragraphs or sections I skim or skip.

I’m more interested in the little things. Like leaving your boyfriend a random chocolate heart and a note, that “why don’t you let me do this and you take a break”, the “I really enjoy this and want to share it with you” kinds of stuff. Love with depth, not the easy and superficial coat of paint.

And it doesn’t have to be with a romantic partner either. Parents, siblings, friends, mentors, pets can be recipients of affection and appreciation. As much as my pets try to wiggle out of my cuddles.

However, a prompt is a prompt and writers are free to write what they wish. Just keep it in ToS, PG-13, rated T for Teen area.

2 Likes

My character would craft a enchanted soulstone phylactery contraption. Storing just a shard of her own soul to always be with her significant other.

being a warlock is extreemly dangerous job to have. Dealing with choatic demons and unstable magic shortens your life span. Having a trusted loved one would be the very special thing to come across.

1 Like

Thanks for this prompt. I took the suggestion of a special meal/take them somewhere as inspiration for a story after reading this post. It made me think of a Gnome warrior I had, who I never really gave much backstory to. So this will be about him.

Arlas Tidyfuse found himself perplexed. He blinked a few times, consumed with a green hue that invaded the air. Beneath his crimson red mechnostrider, he spotted a tattered cobblestone road. Several stones found themselves whipped and tossed in various directions only to land randomly on the dying grass on his sides. Arlas leaned over and flipped open a knapsack he kept attached to his mount.

As his fingers explored the contents of the bag, his mechnostrider shook. Boom! Arlas felt a jolt spike through his veins as his mechnostrider backfired. He wobbled about and gravity tugged him down. His shoulder absorbed most of the impact. Stings shot through him, ones he tried not to focus on. Instead, his eyes again settled on the knapsack. Arlas reached around and pressed a small black button on the right leg of the mechanical beast. Within seconds, the legs lowered. Arlas smiled as he again explored his bag.

Gadgets and gizmos, papers and notes, anything he deemed necessary for the day found itself inside this bag. Arlas ran his fingers through his lengthy snow colored beard. Curiosity, a sickness that infected the gnome occasionally, had again taken over. Arlas now leaned over the bag. Again he searched and pushed and tossed things to the side as he dug deeper and deeper. Finally, he settled on a rolled up slip of paper.

Arlas stretched his arms out, unwound the paper, and marveled at his work. His eyes noted the title. ANALYTICAL-DISCOMBOBULATOR-#857. Others might be shocked at the number, though Gnomes knew, the higher number the attempt, the closer to success. Though… success seemed distant. Not that it mattered to Arlas. He folded the paper, settled it in between his arms and journeyed into the sea of grass.

Tirisfal hadn’t changed too much. The trees still expressed the same sickness Arlas encountered on his very first venture. Patches of dead grass greeted him every few steps. Creatures hidden in the green hue eagerly eyed him in hopes of a meal. Though, Arlas never imagined he’d taste well. Maybe he would. Arlas paused. That could be a future experiment.

A hundred feet in front of him, Arlas spotted the blanket. Perched in the grass, away from the road and the surrounding trees, settled on a hill that kissed Brightwater lake. After a few seconds, Arlas paused just before he set foot on the tattered purple gnomish blanket. Beside him, on his left, Arlas’s eyes settled on her.

She sat straight. Her eyes, from what Arlas could see, stayed focus on the various dishes that she had set out across the blanket. Boar meat, green vegetables and too his surprise, a pie. Arlas scanned over her green skin, mangled hair, all in hopes she’d note his presence. Seconds passed them. No words spoken between them. Arlas leaned back, placed his hands on the blanket and settled a few feet from the other gnome.

“You’re late.” A high pitch voice scolded him.

“No, no Gibby.” Arlas began. “I was late last time. This time I adjusted the route. After running the numbers, I can confidently say I saved.”

Arlas paused.

Gibby turned to face him. Her yellow eyes captured his attention and held onto his tongue. She leaned forward toward Arlas. He felt air trap itself in his throat. Any and every effort to speak failed. His lips opened, just for a second, but nothing. Gibby shut her eyelids. Her head shook for a moment. Arlas sensed the disapproval.

“I think I’ve done it this time.” Arlas broke the silence.

“Oh?” Gibby asked. She leaned forward and grabbed the pie she had prepared. Arlas noted the darkness of the crust. History suggested a high probability of the pie being burned. “What number are you on now?”

A smile raced across Arlas’s lips. He pulled the paper from under his arms and spread it across the blanket. Gibby, now with the pie settled on her lap, glanced over. Every few seconds her eyes would rotate from Arlas to the blueprint. After a few seconds, she settled on Arlas.

“Won’t work.”

Arlas blinked. Then again. His lips opened, but nothing came out. He glanced back down at the blueprint. It… it worked. He knew that for sure. Sure, he hadn’t built the machine, but it would work.

“Explain?” Arlas asked.

“Because Arlas, what you’re trying to do can’t be done.” She leaned over and pushed the pie toward him. “Now eat.”

Arlas fell backwards. He blinked and then settled his eyes on Gibby. His hands retreated into a small bag that wrapped around his waist. After a few seconds, his fingers tapped against metal. He gripped onto a device and pulled it out. In his hand was the Radiator Detector 4000. A handy device when dealing with Gnomes who still showed signs of radiation, especially things they touched. Arlas’s eyes settled on the pie.

“You’re too cautious, Arlas. Ever since the Undercity fell and some of us moved to Silvermoon, no one complains about my cooking besides you.”

“Because you’ve surrounded yourself with fools Giddy. Absolutely under prepared fools.”

Gibby’s eyes widened. She placed the pie off to the side on the other side of the blanket. Arlas narrowed his brows as Gibby leaned toward him. She crawled toward him. Each hand forward by her made Arlas move back. Then he met the edge of the blanket. Grass tapped against his palm. He tried to keep his balance, but he fell onto the blanket. Gibby continued toward where he now laid.

Heavy breaths escaped Arlas’s lips. He held up the Radiator Detector 4000 and aimed it at Gibby. A green light flashed across the device. Arlas’s eyes focused on the blinking light. Gibby pushed the device away and leaned over Arlas’s body.

“You’re infected.”

“Astute observation genius,” Gibby said. She leaned down toward Arlas. “Remember what we did before the accident?” She whispered.

“Don’t,” Arlas’s voice cracked.

“I’ve touched other Gnomish prisoners in the Undercity Arlas. It doesn’t work like that.” Gibby said.

She leaned in lower.

“Anomalies!” Arlas shouted.

“Perhaps,” Gibby whispered.

Arlas felt her breaths tap against his cheeks. His beard shook as did his entire body with a cocktail of fear and excitement. Breath after breath escaped his lips. He couldn’t hope to control the pace of his heart. Then his heart stopped. Something soft pressed against his skin. He tried to shut his eyes further, but they were at their limit. Again, something pressed against his skin. Gibby’s breaths abandoned his cheeks, and he felt them tickle his right ear.

“Gibby, this is dangerous.”

Arlas opened his eyes. Above him, he saw Gibby. Though her face had been different. In his mind he knew she wasn’t cured of her ailment. This version of Gibby, the version he remembered before the accident, didn’t exist anymore. Soft blue eyes and rosy cheeks for the girl who insisted on challenging and defeating him at any mechanical feat he attempted. Gibby leaned into him again.

“Should I stop Arlas?”

Arlas held his tongue. Again his eyes closed. The fear that existed before had vanished and his heartbeat returned to a satisfying pace. Unexpectedly Arlas shook, again he felt something soft press against him. This time on his nose.

2 Likes

Showing love? Why t’is a trifling challenge.

You simply!

You simply.

You simply…

Error: Mahli’ficia.exe has stopped working.

1 Like

Not sure how much this one will count but I’m posting it away…

From the audio journal of Bremuleth Autumnriver:

It is, perhaps, strange how my hours spent on Lamastre’s poleaxe have evoked so many memories from my…proper life…true life…natural life; I’m getting distracted. I can recall one other moment, from that time, where I had such zeal for a single project. Ah, to look upon it now…

She is the mother of dear Xiphorthel, the blade that was the only one to carry the mantle of masterwork. I remember the day the commision was made; the first major one in years, and the first time I was allowed true creative freedom. She was a Human, oddly enough. I remember her voice, earnest and placid, carrying the diction of high class. She wanted armor and a sword. I drew the needed measurements and set to work. Now, above all I wanted this to be special. Used an…experimental alloy, comparable to the oh so blessed Elunite. It was strong, at least as light as mithril, and held a shine as beauteous as the Pale Lady. Strangely the customer never saw the fruits of my labor. Between the constant configuring and revising of designs, the laborious gathering of perfect materials and the occasional sleepless day of labor I never managed to get a hold of her nor did I hear from her again. In retrospect I wonder if my chronic lack of business at the time pilfered my sanity, causing me to simply imagine that which I wanted but never received; a topic to contemplate later, I suppose.

…Sinothyr once held this blade, once wore my cuirass upon her breast and greaves upon her feet; so on and fourth. When it became clear that their original intended owner would not receive them I began reforging what I had made. It was…it would have been a nightmare; but…it was worth it, I was doing it for her. I watch some of my greatest work melt away under a uniquely drawn heat. I promised to myself that would make them again; that I would make them better, to withstand the wrath of the Goddess herself. So began the process again. Night and day once lost meaning at my forge; I poured my blood into the metal and my soul into every part of their design.

If I told anyone the details of that time and when it took place I imagine they would wonder how I survived treated myself that way; the results of labor borne from the coldest tyrant, all self-inflicted. It was love, it has always been; love for the most functional works of art in Kalimdor, and love…for her. I wanted to feel her joy; to see the smile whose memory always made me feel better, regardless of how I felt before. It felt so good to finally show them to her. It felt just as good to see her wearing them when we left Darnassus. She took good care of it too. Of course she did; she knew how I was about armor and weapons getting…mistreated…and she knew the importance of its care. She kept it all shining through every battle…

…All accept one…

2 Likes

Geshik paused in self-doubt for the seventh time this hour. The customs of Azeroth were still… foreign, strange, to him. Would she be delighted? Or, perhaps disgusted? Would she understand the gesture?

He stopped himself. “You’re getting trapped in a circle- stop.” He reminded himself, pushing himself those last few steps up the hill.

Though, when he finally reached the top, he heaved a great sigh. Him just being where he was was a problem. The subject of his affection couldn’t know he was there. At least, not personally.

He set a small sack at the doorstep, a note tied to it. Then he gave a firm three knocks, before dashing off into the woods.

From the house, a Lightforged Draenei stepped out, to notice a bundle upon her doorstep. Curious, she read the note.

"To the star that has captured my heart,

Though our meeting might be forbidden, I could not allow it to remain unknown. Your grace and might in battle against the Forsaken had me enchanted from the moment I first saw you. And though it pains me to admit to such cowardice, I witnessed you celebrate these victories with your comrades, your warm, relaxing tones, and ample humor only served to further ensorcell me.

It has taken me many moons to muster the courage to do this much, and even now, I fear how you may respond. But, I realized that to try and fail is better than to do nothing at all. And so, I have collected the heads of your enemies, and present them in tribute, in the hopes that this gesture may win some measure of your favor.

Yours,
Geshik Bloodhowl."

The Lightforged lifted a brow, opening the bundle…

“Oh, that’s touching… in a… barbaric, messy way…”

4 Likes

Holmstein had fancied the pretty purple eared magic girl enchanter. The Nightborne were still short to a Vargul, but not quite as tiny as his other allies so he had a certain fondness for their womenfolk. At home in the Fjord he’d present the earner of his affections with a massive feast. Who could consume the most the swiftest would be but the first contest. Ale drinking and dragon flaying would of course be the next step of the romance.

But it was his understanding these purple ears were a less physical sort. Asking around someone suggested he should buy flowers. After failing to not crush a bouquet in his mighty claws several times Holmstein opted to wander to Ashenvale. He found what to him was a pretty enough tree and hacked off the largest branch he could carry before dutifully bringing it to Orgrimmar.

The Nightborne Enchantress was unsure if she should be flattered or horrified upon finding a branch nearly her own size with the words ‘of seakrit admireor’ scribbled onto it outside her shop the following morning.

3 Likes

Imbrei beamed as her confused mate walked into their home. The furniture had been pushed off to the side, and a small ring had been built in the center of the main room.

“What did you get now?” He sighed, trying to be irritated, but failing at the happy look on the elf’s face. She turned around suddenly, braid whipping through the air, and bent down to take something out of a moving box.

“I found them at the market today, got a discount because I got two!” She set two small Murlocs down, dressed in fake armor and carrying balloon versions of claymore swords. One automatically turned and batted the other on the head with the weapon, causing it to squawk and try and fight back.

“Five copper on the blue on.” The Blood Elf moved next to him, nudging his ribs. Thrud grinned, taking up the challenge and trying to coach the red one onto victory.

And one for the other side

Thrud knelt down to the tiny black fox kit that had pounced on his boots as he walked through Ashenvale. It was odd, they were not native to this area of Azeroth.

Holding out his hand, it sniffed at the glove before trying to nibble on it. He snorted, amused at the antics, before offering it a bit of boar jerky. It tore into it, making soft noises. He picked it up, knowing Imbrei would not be happy if he left it by itself.

Returning to Orgrimmar, he came into the house to see the Blood Elf fussing over a pot of something, her two wolves dozing nearby. The Polecat she had gotten in Voltera hung across her shoulders, and looked up when he came in, squeaking. Imbrei looked up, eyes bright.

“You’re home!” She left the pot to cook, wrapping her arms around him as best she could.

“Yah, got done early.” He kissed the top of her head. “Got something for you.” She pulled away, eager and confused as he pulled the fox kit out of a bag. “It was alone. Looked for any sign of her family, but there wasn’t any.” His mate cooed to the kit, eyes soft.

“Was probably a hunter pet who lost her hunter.” She said softly, finger stroking it’s muzzle. “Poor baby.” She carried it out the back door to the yard where her various pets and companion animals stayed, opening a door to a storage room. “I know I have some powdered milk for her around here…” She muttered to herself as the polecat and kit sniffed at each other.

Thrud sighed, leaning against the door, knowing it was another animal that would end up staying with them. She was an odd one, his little Blood Elf, not being found of the glitz and glamour many of her people liked. He was clueless to the ways of Blood Elf courting himself, it being convoluted at best and a total #$@% show at worse. This was the best way he knew how to show he cared, and when his eyes met hers, she smiled adoringly, gold eyes glowing with love and adoration.

2 Likes

Ravasha was smitten. She had fallen “in like,” with a businesswoman of the Goblin persuasion named Tizzia, and she had beautiful hair in a neat bun atop her head. She had pretty emerald eyes and her skin was such a lovely shade of green as well. Ravasha was simply taken with the lovely woman. Ms. Lockbreak would be hers! But how to go about it? Ravasha snapped her fingers and a parchment and ink appeared, followed by a quill. Ravasha dipped the quill in the ink and wrote thoughts on how to woo Mz. Tizzia Lockbreak.

Her first ideas she read aloud:

“One: Give her a thousand gold and four thousand more if she agrees to a date. Would bribery work?” Ravasha wondered.

“Two: Write her a love poem.” Ravasha read. She wrote a poem on the parchment:

Flowers bloom in Silvermoon
Eternal blossoms of life come so soon.
Love and hate
Decides our fate
And places a pale kiss
Upon our face.

And then promptly crumpled it into a paper ball.

“‘Face’ doesn’t rhyme with ‘Fate.’ Mm.” She mused with a slight irritation.

Ravasha got up and looked around. Her inn room at The Crossroads was… sparing, to put it delicately, and wasn’t anything to bring a date back home to. She paced back and forth, thinking. And then she got an idea.

Tearing a purple void into existence, she summoned her succubus Selrida and her sister Karnea. The two succubi were dressed in short dresses made from Mageweave cloth. Their horns were adorned with small rings and they had painted their nails.

“So, you called? How may I help you, Mistress Blackdawn?” Karnea, the younger sister, asked.

“There’s a woman who came here to The Barrens on business in Ratchet. I would love to know how you would go about courting her?” Ravasha inquired.

She was expecting something like:

“You know that skill we have to, um, seduce enemy humanoids?” Selrida asked with an evil smile.

“You’re not saying that I should use mind control on her, are you? I mean, it’s not exactly a stable relationship, since I’d always have to worry about the, um spell being… broken? Or we would get hunted and killed by her loved ones?” Ravasha said with an upwards inflection.

“That’s exactly what we’re saying. What’s wrong with taking what you want?” Karnea asked with faux innocence.

Ravasha put her palm over her eyes.

Instead, the pair looked at their Mistress, and then at each other. They whispered between them and then looked back at Ravasha.

“You give her a gift that matches what you learned about her. What does she enjoy or seem fascinated by?” Selrida asked.

And later, after an insightful and productive conversation, Ravasha had her gift of love to her crush. She had to call in some favors but she had a gift that matched what she learned about Ms. Lockbreak. She heard her telling some people in the inn’s lobby that if they needed anything to take out a swarm of raptors, she was their woman. Ravasha had commissioned the making of a bomb. She went downstairs from her room and sipped drinks in the lobby until Miss Tizzia arrived. She entered the inn smelling of earth and her perfume. Ravasha could smell the earthy scents as she approached the shorter woman and said:

“Well, Miss Lockbreak, how are you? I was just thinking of you lately.” Ravasha said coyly.

“Oh yeah? Whatcha thinking that involves me? I’ve seen ya around here. You look like the… ‘interesting’ type.” Tizzia said slyly.

Ravasha smiled at the barb. She would have fun trying to win this one over. She held out the bomb, which resembled a grenade, tho it was boxed and wrapped. Tizzia shook the gift box a little. Ravasha got nervous. What if the bomb went off?

“Um. Please don’t shake that. Thank you. I hope you enjoy my gift.” The Sin’dorei smiled a red lipstick smile. Her fel green eyes going between the gift box and Ms. Lockbreak’s face. She looked like she had an idea of what was wrapped in that box.

“Wow! I’ve never got a weapon as a gift before. You’re too kind, doll.” Tizzia said quietly. She didn’t want to alert the other patrons, lest they throw her out for having a weapon.

“Think nothing of it. I just wanted to show my appreciation. I’ve heard that you’re quite the Rogue. If I have any… locked boxes… I’ll look you up to take the locks off. Or does your last name have anything to do with how you pick locks? You don’t have to tell me.” Ravasha said with a giggle.

And then the Sin’dorei turned away with a wave. She walked over to where she was before. She didn’t want to come on too strong. If Miss Lockbreak wanted to talk to her more she knew where she was. Biting her lip softly, she took a deep breath, spared a look at Tizzia and then resumed sipping her drink.

3 Likes

Sorina returned to Dazar’alor with a stretching and popping of space, her feet set precicely upon the square foot of the giant hearth she had attuned her stone to. Her armor, pinned up and gathered in a hundred different places, dragged on the floor as she walked across the embassy toward the private rooms that housed members of the Horde. A concession from the late Zandalari King and a continued gift of the current Queen.

Home from Vol’dun, she’d fought tooth and nail and spell to drive the Alliance from Zandalar’s shores there. Things were close, but the Horde was victorious. This time. But now she was bone-weary, half carrying and half dragging her pack behind her. Everything seemed so big now, so out of reach, so far away. Just getting down the hall seemed to take ages.

She opened the door to her tiny apartment. “Welcome home, h- who are you,” The warm and welcoming voice of her beloved dropped dangerously as beautiful emerald eyes narrowed to regard the creature standing in the doorway. Standing there in clothes eighteen sizes too large.

Sorina couldn’t help but flinch. She expected this, but that didn’t make it hurt any less. Long ears drooped and the oversized fluff of a tail wrapped around her feet as if to hide. The slender, red-headed blood elf she had been was replaced with a short foxlike creature, vaguely resembling a goblin in a golden fur coat. Cute, but far from beautiful. “It’s…” she hesitated, trying to keep a lid on her own doubts, “It’s me. It’s Sor. I’m home.” She still hadn’t stepped over the threshold. She didn’t dare.

“There was a, uh, accident. A polymorph potion. It,” she could feel the tears welling up and her chest felt tight. “It didn’t wear off. They don’t know if it ever will. I’m, I’m sorry.”

Erickah was gorgeous. Fierce, battle-scarred, and with a wiry strength that hardly matched her slender Sin’dorei frame. A Blood Knight of the first generation, who had supped upon the lifeblood of a Naaru and bent the Light to their will. Her sword had clashed with the Alliance innumerable times, and her shield was a wall of strength.

And yet her arms were gentle as she crossed the room to lift Sorina in a hug. “It’s okay,” the paladin murmured, “Let it out.” With a foot, Erickah pulled her wife’s things inside and shut the door as the little priest allowed herself to be comforted.

When the sobs had stopped, she wiped the tears away and kissed Sorina’s forehead. “So does this mean you really are my pocket-healer now?” Erickah asked with a smirk.

2 Likes

Sometimes all you need is a quote by my favorite philosopher.

“Definition: ‘Love’ is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.”

The End.

1 Like

Honestly this old wolf would just be himself, anyone can go buy chocolates or flowers. Id like to think a miss wolf would care more about loyalty and honesty…and yes…cuddles…all 3 of which i is cappable of providing. Would show love by just wanting to be around her as much as possible. Now if only such a wolf gal that would want that actually existed…lol

1 Like

Jamaria doesn’t have love. Only crushes on dozens of people whom she follows around like a gosh darn creeper.

1 Like

*During Legion

My Dear Rev,

It’s been a long time, love, since we were forcibly separated from each other when we were captured by the Legion back in Outland. When the demons returned to me after you fought the pit lord, they told me that you were dead, and then they took your sword and broke it at my feet.

It broke me. When I was finally rescued by the Illidari, I was a broken man, and I pledged my life to them in revenge for yours. For the next eight years I was locked in the Vault of the Wardens with nothing left but memories of us and a hope beyond hope that you were somehow alive.

And then, I was released, and I made my way to Dalaran. And there, I saw you. It was unmistakably you. But I was too scared to approach. I did not wish to scare you away with my new… facial features. I was afraid you wouldn’t even recognize me.

Rev, if you still care about me and the marriage we had at all, please meet me in the Legerdemain Lounge for dinner tomorrow. I have never stopped loving you.

Yours always, Raede

Raede was wandering through the streets of Dalaran, looking for some last-minute items; so far he’d picked up some cupcakes and roses, but he wanted something more special for the day if he could.

He’d sent Jace Darkweaver into the Alliance tavern to hand his wife a note, or leave it with the barkeep if she wasn’t there. Would she still recognize his handwriting? Would she even care to come? He hadn’t seen her since they were captured by demons when the Legion came to Outland.

He couldn’t believe that this was happening. This was the day he had dreamed of for the past eight years, a day that at one point he truly thought would never come, which had changed the course of his life.

He had seen her on the streets of Dalaran. He did a double take. She was supposed to be dead! But it was unmistakably his wife. He had morphed from rogue to Demon Hunter in his grief from the loss of her, and then was quickly locked in the Vault of the Wardens, not to see the sky again for the next eight years.

What would she think? How would she respond to his metamorphosis? Would his dreams come crashing down, as Kayn Sunfury was insinuating? She was still a lofty Human paladin, and he… he lived for the death of the Legion and some insinuated he was more demon than elf.

Physically, he didn’t think he looked too different. He’d been spared the horns most of the other demon hunters had. His eyes, of course, were gouged clear out of his skull and replaced with two burning green orbs. His eyes had been green before, but this was unnaturally so. He had a few more scars, some with burning green fel tint. And of course the ever present tattoos to keep the demon inside him at bay.

And she? From what he could tell, there were a few more lines on her face, but otherwise she hadn’t changed much at all.

Having gotten his roses, cupcakes, and a brand spanking new sword for her, he went into the Legerdemain lounge to wait.

He’d donned his old black leather Rogue gear for the occasion, albeit he now wore a black leather blindfold over his burning sockets. His glaives changed to the sword she wore when they were last together. Hopefully, there would be instant recognition and it would detract from the fact that he no longer had normal eyes.

Dinner time came. Raede waited with baited breath. A form appeared in the doorway. He looked and stood from his seat as his wife looked at him and then rushed into his arms.

It had been eight years, but she still felt like home.

1 Like

Back when Quel’thalas was still a thing, Vanaelia had encountered and made friends with a human, sharing a bond that was strengthened by combat. It was a friendly rivalry that ended up leading to a real connection.

At some point, Vanaelia got called off to go take care of elven affairs. After a bit of time had passed, she went back to check on her friend.

Unfortunately for her, “a bit of time” for an elf is a lifetime for a human, and her friend had long since died. And while Vanaelia was crushed to find this out, her friend’s daughter still held Vanaelia in high esteem, due to stories her mother had told her about her.

Her friend’s granddaughter, though, was less forgiving, thinking Vanaelia had abandoned her.

Vanaelia knows that this is the kind of thing that will take time to heal, and possibly may never heal. So, she stepped away from the family openly. But she keeps an eye on both the daughter and the granddaughter, occasionally arranging for money and medicine to come their way, and possibly “strongly encouraging” bandits and brigands to leave them alone.

That’s how she rolls.

1 Like