[Prompt] Horrific Vision

Something is off. As you exit your quarters, there is a chill in the air and an unnatural feeling pressing down on you. The sky is dark, perhaps even violet hued. Screams resound in the distance, and as you investigate, you are met with a twisted and horrid vision. What do you see? How do you feel? Are you a hero that fights against the vision and dispels it, or do you play a part in the vision?

((This is heavily inspired by the horrific visions content. What would be your character’s scenario in the vision? Are you a piece playing out like Alleria or Thrall, or are you the one against the illusion?))

Info

This is meant to be a fun exercise, so there aren’t many rules.

Prompts are fun little things meant to inspire. You don’t have to perfectly match the prompt. Just let it inspire a thought.

I’m going to try and post these weekly, sometime between Saturday and Monday probably. Feedback and prompt ideas are welcome, so feel free to post them in the archive thread. Some prompts will be more thought provoking, some more whimsical. Respect your fellow writers.

Disclaimer: I cannot take full credit for every prompt. Some of these I create on my own, some are prompts I’ve seen that I’ve taken a WoW spin to, and some I’ve seen and used in the past, some are ideas spoken in passing between me and coworkers, or guildmates, or some are offered directly from folks on the forums. If I’ve been directly given a prompt from another person, I will credit them unless they do not want to. Otherwise, know some of these are gained through many means.

Archive: Kersia's Prompt Archive and Discussion

My character would see a alliance invasion of orgrimar. A complete purge and take over.
My character would see this oppurtinity to recruit the fallen into the ranks of the ebon hold and enact vengeance against those who broke the peace accord.

1 Like

The nightmare landscape of the vision was torn and tattered, severed tentacles writhing in pain, horrifying nightmares of the Aqir lying broken and cut up.

Freed sat against a stone pillar. Then, he lifted his arms, lazily gesturing to the single eye resting high in the sky. “Well? I’m waiting.” He could sense the very land tremble with rage. “SMITE ME, OH MIGHTY SMITER!” The unliving champion blasphemously challenged.

But the only thing that happened was the vision trembling with anger. Freed scoffed. “Face it… you’re impotent. As grave a threat as they talk you up to be, you’re just another in a long line…”

He slammed a rusted blade into the pillar beside him. “C’thun!”

He crushed the pillar with a great hammer. “Yog-Saron!”

And finally, with his foot, knocked the pillar over, “The remnants of Y’shaarj!”

He then turned back to the eye in the sky. “Beaten and broken, every one!”

Freed laughed mockingly, “Claim your absolute power as much as you like… they did too- didn’t do them much good, now, did it?”

“You will die.” The voice promised with restrained fury.

Freed laughed, “Eventually… and hey, maybe even by your hands- then I will TRULY be free! But just as I will die, so too will you FAIL!” He laughed, “Because failure is the nature of the Old Gods… you endure for millenia… solely so that you can fall to mere mortals like me!”

Freed’s laughter halts abruptly. “So crawl back to the pit that spawned you, N’zoth. Crawl back to Ny’alotha. There’s nothing here for you but ash and despair, and it will be yours. Not Azeroth’s.”

With a roar of outrage, the vision peels away, revealing an empty desert. The unliving warrior heaves a great sigh. “… The forces of darkness don’t pay me enough…”

3 Likes

He had returned. The massive Mag’Grah Orc stood in front of her, laughing coldly. Behind him, several of his Kor’Kron Stood behind him, arms crossed.

“i thought I told the likes of you to stay away from my people.” He growled low, spitting at her feet. “Fouling up our noble bloodlines with your weakness. That thing you carry is a disgrace to the Ancestors.”

Imbrei gasped in horror, hands going to the swell in her belly. No. not again, by the Sun, please no. She turned to run, but found she couldn’t as the Guards approached her. She cowered, unarmed and under armored as one raised his axe to her, bringing it down…

Another orc stepped between them, the axe hitting him square in the chest. Imbrei screamed in horror as she watched Thrud, her dear friend and mate fall to the ground.

The vision changed and it was her father falling to a band of ghouls.

Another change, her brother being executed by Garithos.

Flash. Her sister, corrupted by Fel magic into a Succubus.

Flash. Her mother, now a Banshee at the will of the Litch King, tearing apart the Springpaw she had given Imbrei as a child.

Imbrei just screamed and cried, trying to fight the darkness that threatened her…