[Prompt] Food Harvest

Food comes from somewhere. Are you an omnivore, carnivore, or herbivore? Do you stalk and hunt your prey? Maintain and harvest your own food? Do you pay others or have others to do it for you? Do you simply shop for food? Are you the chef? Do you provide for others? These are questions to the day to day life of a person within Azeroth, a basic necessity to remain alive for the living. Or perhaps you are undead, and only eat due to other reasons.

I might be hungry at the moment. I have done a food prompt before but it has been a while and was more about the who you eat with and not the how do you get it.

Info

This is meant to be a fun exercise, so there aren’t many rules.

Prompts are fun little things meant to inspire. You don’t have to perfectly match the prompt. Just let it inspire a thought.

I’m going to try and post these weekly, sometime between Saturday and Monday probably. Feedback and prompt ideas are welcome, so feel free to post them in the archive thread. Some prompts will be more thought provoking, some more whimsical. Respect your fellow writers.

Disclaimer: I cannot take full credit for every prompt. Some of these I create on my own, some are prompts I’ve seen that I’ve taken a WoW spin to, and some I’ve seen and used in the past, some are ideas spoken in passing between me and coworkers, or guildmates, or some are offered directly from folks on the forums. If I’ve been directly given a prompt from another person, I will credit them unless they do not want to. Otherwise, know some of these are gained through many means.

Archive: Kersia's Prompt Archive and Discussion

4 Likes

my character is without a doubt a gourmet. she will dump tens of hundreds of gold on a single dinner finely plated with special arcwine imported from suramar.
I will not hunt, even out of despiration i will scavange for berries in the wild but will not hunt a animal nor cook. Mainly my spells taint the meat and ruin the fine flavor

2 Likes

Huulto often does his own hunting, usually in bear form, and prefers taking down wild kodo for his meals. Preserve it right, and the right size kodo will keep you fed for upwards of a month.

He also makes use of all the parts of what he hunts, collecting leather, bone, and even extracting vital resources from the organs. He’s not quite high-society Suramar/Silvermoon dining, but he definitely knows how to make a wonderfully flavorful cut of steak. He’d probably get a fair amount of praise even from the posh gourmets of the Nightborne and Blood Elves.

2 Likes

Druanya’s foraging abilities have saved her life on several occasions. When she got separated from her Circle during the Teldrassil evacuations, she managed to survive off of berries, insects, fungi, and a deer or two. Now that she’s back among more civilized kal’dorei, she’s happily indulging her sweet tooth with maple candy and honey rolls.

As a druid-in-training, sometimes awkward situations arise when Druanya eats as a different animal. She once accidentally ate her friend’s pet hawk in cat form. She’s managed to keep it a secret so far…

1 Like

Before her transformation, Zirahael was a lover of all kinds of food; be it served meals, meat she hunted herself, pastries, cookies… well, maybe not shellfish, but everything else was wonderful!

Ever since becoming an Illidari tough her appetite for her regular food has plummeted, and she rarely eats. It all tastes bland, although extra strong spices and wine can be good. And for some reason the uncorrupted people around her look a lot more delectable~

2 Likes

Benedikt is a hobbyist cook. Not exactly a chef but his skill with herbalism led naturally to an affinity for spices.

This skill persists in undeath. He’ll often make his packed lunches look more like meals the living might enjoy more for their comfort than his preference. As if he’s being honest, they always taste better fresh. It’s a part of himself he knows is unwise to entertain but screams devolving into gargles as blood and viscera gush down his throat, restoring him, is his only real version of a 5 star meal.

Eat to live don’t live to eat is much his mantra. ‘But… I suppose I deserve a treat’ he muses while closing in on a terrified cutthroat.

2 Likes

While i was in Pandaria, i used to harvest food with the locals, or they would offer me food without much problem, but back in Orgrimmar, i eat what i can, don’t have enough gold and hunting is hard in the area (too many mouths, not enough meat)

2 Likes