[Prompt] Betrayal

For most, this is a season of love, companionship, and partnership. However, not all view this as a joyous occasion. Betrayal, lies, manipulation, sugared words with empty meanings, all these occur within life. What is a way that you have been betrayed or hurt by someone you thought you cared about? Or even by anyone you may not have any personal attachment to.

Info

This is meant to be a fun exercise, so there aren’t many rules.

Prompts are fun little things meant to inspire. You don’t have to perfectly match the prompt. Just let it inspire a thought.

I’m going to try and post these weekly, sometime between Saturday and Monday probably. Feedback and prompt ideas are welcome, so feel free to post them in the archive thread. Some prompts will be more thought provoking, some more whimsical. Respect your fellow writers.

Disclaimer: I cannot take full credit for every prompt. Some of these I create on my own, some are prompts I’ve seen that I’ve taken a WoW spin to, and some I’ve seen and used in the past, some are ideas spoken in passing between me and coworkers, or guildmates, or some are offered directly from folks on the forums. If I’ve been directly given a prompt from another person, I will credit them unless they do not want to. Otherwise, know some of these are gained through many means.

Archive: Kersia's Prompt Archive and Discussion

i had a apprentice. super nice lil orc named zugrat but i let my guard down

Shows a black patch on her back
Boy decided to conflag my back when i wasnt looking. Ill give him this, superior casting capabilities but i have his soul trapped in a necklace.

i told other black harvest members about this. Its a like having a great life inssurance plan and marrying a goblin. You wont live past the honeymoon.

2 Likes

Imbrei stiffly went through the motions of burial rights for her sister. Or at least the thing that her sister had become. She had no desire to do it, only familial duty keeping her from just leaving the body where she cut it down. Betrayal cut her deep, knowing her sister willing joined the foul legion in return for power. She was the last of her blood family, Her parents and brother both dead at the hands of humans. A little magic created a simple stone marker, more than what she deserved, and Imbrei was done. The Huntress shouldered her bow, turning away from the grave, going back to the Orc and Troll who had become her companions in the past months.

1 Like