Promo code issue on gear.blizzar.com

Hello, hopefully I am at the right place for assistance.

I received a few 25% discount codes for gear.blizzard.com from various WoW Collector Editions I bought over the years. There is no expiry date listed on these and I was saving them for a great occasion, however when I try to use them they show invalid.

I already contacted the support at gear.blizzard.com on:
July 2nd: Spoke with agent Mohammed who was escalating a ticket for investigation.
-never heard back
July 13th: Spoke with agent Mohammed again who said he was creating another ticket.
-never heard back
July 21st: Spoke with Bianca who escalated it again. She was great and actually did follow up with me, advising: “I was informed that these aren’t our codes. Please try reaching out to Blizzard customer service.”

I’m not sure how that is even possible they aren’t their codes… but here I am now messaging Blizzard Customer Support. Also, you really need to look at the customer service being provided by some of the agents on their chat, because it looks bad on Blizzard.

I’ve been waiting to order the Dragonflight CE and bundle on some items for 25% off(aware that Drangonflight CE will not get 25%) to save on shipping from ordering separate. I’m not sure how much longer it will be on pre-order for and I am almost at a month now trying to get this resolved.

I want to give you money. I want to order some items with a valid discount code. Please help.

Picture of the cards: https://imgur.com/4iuKElz

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide. If you can simply generate me a new code please send it to my email.

For clarification, the Gear Store used to be run by Fanatics, and is no longer. That ended I think January of this year. If the codes originated from when Fanatics were still running the shop they may not be valid with the new version of the Gear Store.

Do you you know if there is an expiration date listed on those cards at all? There usually would be, but for the life of me I can’t find any of my BlizzCon boxes to look at them myself.

If not, you might try submitting a ticket using the Purchase Failure category, include the picture of the codes as you did here and someone more familiar with those should be able to tell you more.

2 Likes

I seeeem to recall that the transition to Fanatics specified that these old discount codes would not apply to their [at the time new] platform, and I would expect that were that so, they also wouldn’t apply to the current platform. :frowning:

I have a pile of those things too.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Here is a picture of the back of the cards: https://imgur.com/a/9DVWfLS. There is no expiry date listed.

I tried submitting a ticket using Purchase Failure, their response:
“I read through your ticket and understand your concerns regarding gear store coupons. After a look for you, I’m able to confirm that these coupons are legacy and they are longer supported. I wish I could help you more, but our hands are tied in situations like this. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

From what I understand is that the Blizzard gear store changed operators and the codes were simply not transferred to the new system. I wonder why that is, as it does not seem fair to the consumer… especially when the gear store is still hosted on the Blizzard.com domain.

What recourse do I have?

Short answer, none. The ticket response you’ve cited pretty clearly states as much.

I’m sure Blizzard didn’t expect people to hold on to those coupons indefinitely, certainly not through multiple iterations of the gear store.

5 Likes