Profession for Druid

I want to gather some opinion from you all about the profession that druid are choosing. My friend tells me that pick up two gathering profession is best for druid, and i am not really sure about picking engineering for pvp or not, since i cant use bomb and other things in any forms. Im also considering alch because it fits the tauren racial witch is herb +15 lvl.

2 Likes

I have engineering and herbalism on this druid and I have PVPed a lot on it. Eng is very good for PVP in general including on a druid (even with the shifting issue). Some of the eng items are both really helpful and fun to use in PVP. If you’re flag carrying it helps even more.

Herbalism is also great and I don’t ever fail picks with the +15 plus I can stealth to herbs or root one mob which helps. Overall tauren druids are a pretty good choice for herbalism and if we progress to TBC it will be good there too.

As for alchemy get that if you don’t want to do engineering but if you’re PVPing I say herb/eng.

Are you just starting the druid or choosing a profession for your max level character? That’s an important detail.

As you level, skinning and leatherworking. At the very least, you have something to wear as you level and Wolfshead Helm is that nice to justify it.

At max level, and until you have Best in Slot FOREVER, keep leatherworking and drop skinning for Engineering. It’s easier to instance farm as a Bear and just buy the leather at 60, especially maybe Gnomer (ugh) but others also.

But it’s also YOUR character, so I may be horribly wrong in my biased choices.

im am now starting my druid

Personally, I think druids are amazing gatherers. Mining sucks to level, but it’s worth it and Herbalism is great for Tauren druids.

1 Like

i dont mind taking on both mining and herb, but the things that sucks is you can only track one at a time, which is the only thing that is draging me from choosing it

1 Like

It’s worth mentioning that Druids really like the armor trinket that enchanters can make which is Bop, consider leveling that first to get it if you plan on tanking ever.

does it stays even if i get rid of enchanting?

Yes, and you can continue to equip it after you drop the prof. You just need the skill to craft it because it cannot be traded.

so, through the leveling process, what is the other profession i should choose? Herb or skinning? I prefer this two over mining is because i can not mine in shifting

i like leatherworking and skinning.

what i recently learned is that very few people took up leatherworking, and specializations also made some of them very rare. so it’s a fun profession to get.

Leatherworking and skinning is a good choice then. You’ll get gear that will help you level and it’s easy to level as you go. When you get leatherworking to 250 you’ll get to make a cured rugged hide every 3 days, which is basically a free 80-100 g at current prices. I leveled leatherworking on a second character just to get a second cd. Skinning materials are also very profitable. A lot of people dropped it at this stage of classic for other professions so skinning products are scarce these days.

1 Like

i have thinked about this, but i found out when ever i picked up leatheworking, tailoring or blacksmith, i ended up with buying all the gear i want on ah. Coopy up there said that the enchant trinket would help a lot as a druid. I have not decided which way to go, so i might need to take that.

My main, this character is enchanting. It’s a fun profession to have, very useful, and I do make quite a bit of gold as an enchanter, but collecting the more sought after recipes is not an easy thing to do. I’ve spent all of classic collecting recipes and I’m still missing 4 (two that were introduced phase 5 and 2 I’ve been trying to get since launch to no avail)

wolf head is trash for soloing claw is not a good enough focus dump.
Wolf head only as value if you can shred.

Wolf head cost around 30 gold . Crazy cheeap for a raid biss. I never thought about needing lw for that .

Druid absolutly need enginiring for pvp. Reflector is the only reason i can beat lock in pvp cateye google its pretty nice if you like feary fire rogue.

People are so sold on wolfhead ? I personally think its terrible in pvp

i do have a wolf head already. i bought one like 1 years ago haha. For now, what i prefer is enchant and a gathering profession for leveling up, and after i got the trinket, ill dump enchant for another profession. Right now im thinking about which gthering i want. There is a blacksmithing item can allow you immue to fear for 30 second, but you have to keep blacksmith

1 Like

trinket remove fear and stun

yeah, but the blacksmith one is not a trinket, you can use it in bag

Are you planning on going feral most of the time? If not then engineering will give you the most fun. And you’ll be shifting in and out of forms situationally, so spam those grenades! Although it also blows a hole into your pocket lol.

Now if you are going feral, and this is crazy, but hear me out… go blacksmithing. But only if you intend to get sweaty.
The time and effort you’ll save counterweighting your own pummelers is priceless. And the mithril insignia (blacksmithing trinket) is a bis for flag runner pvp.

Nothing wrong with going duel gathering though, and it is very nice to do all resource collections on one character. But from personal experiences, its rather boring.

edit to add: you might want to take up enchanting early on and make the the smoking heart trinket. But you’ll have to go into brd to craft it. The black forge can be hell to get to underleveled, so make of that what you will. If you dont intend to seriously tank (no 40m raids) then you could skip it all together.