Problem: new 60's can't find attunement groups

meanwhile in BC…

Vials of Eternity…

There’s still players with alts waiting for a group to form for attunment.

OMG, cant wait for the tears over the title for getting attuned.

Time for a guild! Those D-list games you listed will accommodate a singleplayer-do-nothing playstyle though.

Welcome to an MMORPG!

People are still getting alts attuned and preraid geared all the time.

Join a guild or just ask nicely. There’s a lot of bored raid loggers looking for something to do, and running a dungeon isn’t bad money for a tank or healer if they’re tired of jump runs or farming. Or you could throw them 10g and let them have all the drops.

You could get your MC, Ony, and BWL attunes done this weekend if you really wanted to.

4 Likes

You need to be attuned on your level 20?

That’s not the way that works. People who recently hit 60 have had very spotty play times, and they certainly haven’t been grouping with the same slow levelers, who also have very spotty play times. It is precisely because they don’t have consistent play times that they don’t have as many connections. They group with random slow leveler X one day, random alt Y 3 days later, etc. They may go a month without grouping with the same person twice.

They don’t log in at the same time and stare at each other and say “yep, we level slow, how about we go fishing together in STV?”

1 Like

This is Classics destiny.

Privatization.

You’re better off not trying to stake a claim on the island. All the lots are taken.

there has been times on my alt where a player is doing dungeons in ZF and we group on and off for a few days through ST into BRD.

then one breaks off in levels from the other.

it def happens.

I see people looking for those groups all the time, try forming the group instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

1 Like

I see ony attunes getting spammed in SW every day. Not sure what you are talking about.

I see them, but they are usually taking time to fill. Vanilla/TBC didn’t have much of an attunement issue much because all your toons had to do them and with a growing population and leveling being an investment there was always fresh characters, either an alt or a new player, coming into play all the time.

The bigger issue, if anything, is finding tanks for any of the content.

This is exactly why they stopped requiring attunements. The last MMO to use a long attunement iirc was wildstar, how did that work out for them?

i remember i first joined vanilla wow after bwl was out for some time i think right before aq dropped i got my guy attuned for everything needed. you can always find a group just gotta go out and look

1 Like

It’s a pretty big problem on lower pop/imbalanced servers, and is probably a (minor) contribution to their slow death.

“Do this horribly inconvenient and/or insanely impractical thing to work around it” is a dumb response. Attunements are stupid and boring in “normal” circumstances. They are an even more terrible mechanic when you have to go through all the added effort of trying to organize them on mature servers, especially the ones that may be low pop or dying.

im confused.

the MC attunement literally anyone can solo. all it requires is some patience if you arent a stealth class with the use of invis pots.

the ONY attunement gets done in BRD and UBRS, dungeons i see people running non stop all day. and coincidentally you can get the BWL attunement done at the same time.

So I have no idea what you are complaining about.

1 Like

It’s been out 8 months man… Imagine when Classic first released and you hit 60 7 months in and nobody was doing attunements anymore.

There’s a multitude of options you can do to get attuned your MC, Ony, and BWL.

1. Join a guild and ask them for help.

2. Spam LFG/Trade until you find a group.

3. Make friends while questing or doing other dungeons, and ask them for help.

4. Ask in server discord channels if anyone’s got an alt they want to run through raid attunements.

5. Offer to pay for tank and healer. 10-15g would probably be enough to get someone to join.

6. Complain that you can’t get attuned and quit the game even though the catch up raid is coming out in 4-5 days, requires no attune, and the raids coming out after that also require no attune.

1 Like

I’m surprised that is even the case since there’s a pandemic out there.

But it largely, again, depends on the community. Most people are selfish anyways, they want something out of it.

Attunements are perfectly fine, and a large reason why people clamored for the Classic/TBC experience. In ensures the content is played, ensures you have the skill to do end-game (without recycling content in several different ‘modes’) and getting to experience the content itself is a badge of honour, as it should be.

1 Like