Probably time to roll back the class changes, Rets and ferals way too high on expected DPS

Elemental shaman are in a pretty bad spot.
0 unique utility + pretty bad damage/scaling.

Literally just make TOW replace wrath of air as an air totem and give it scaling sp buff similar to demo and it will fix everything almost.

Replace the crit with 6 or 7% haste.

We would have competative and unique utility to the class/spec and the scaling sp on tow would give us higher value on glyph of TOW effectively boosting our dps by 500-600 in full bis over a 5 minute fight which would go a long way to fixing our scaling issues.

Crit has low value, haste is pretty low value since all of our cast times are low.

Alternatively just make lava burst do increased damage based on our crit value.

I dont think we need to roll back changes just throw in more!

We are 30ish year old boomers in the title phase of the xpac. The entire reason we are playing this game. With the damage buffs around the corner i dont see why we wouldnt just make changes to classes that are bottom feeders with 0 effective utility.

2 Likes

entering week 8 of the patchwerk sims getting hit in the face with a pie, warriors occupying more of the top 100 than any other class

warrior 28/100
feral 22/100
ret 6/100

they don’t scale guys! the patchwerk sim said so, we should do balance changes depending on what a patchwerk sim says and not reality

who could have seen this coming?? could it be that brezzing people or using ret utility costs enough damage that it puts you below the warrior? they do 16200 dps AND they have dsac!

this magical feral player innervates and battle resses multiple times per fight and still remains in cat form doing a flawless sim-like rotation on a boss that never moves, scientists hate him

1 Like

Look at the one week range for 95 parsing furys right now and they’re beating rets on most of the fights. It’s just going to get worse from week to week.

the ppl at the top ain’t doing anything except dps with as much cheese as possible

Obviously, so the “they have so much utility” is a stupid argument.

1 Like

Yeah, I fully expect warrior to keep pulling ahead because they have better scaling, despite one particularly loud voice that pretends that they don’t.

1 Like

Rogue is the class that really is getting screwed by the current meta. Having ferals beat them in single target, AoE and bring brez / innervate is rough. There’s a reason why many runs now are bringing one combat rogue but starting to stack ferals while still having a resto and balance druid in raid.

Pugs and casual guilds eventually try and copy the top-end meta and even pugging on my alt rogue is starting to get rough.

And its just a handful. Most furies are working on their SM and know they’re doing well right now.
So while the furies whining here are insufferable, they thankfully represent a minority.
And blizzard ignores them. I suggest the rest of us do the same.

1 Like

Shammies beg to differ… They’re in a worse spot than rogues. But yes… there are specs and classes that need help, unlike furies who are doing just fine.
Notice Abralan never mentions rogue/shammy rep in his posts. It’s always just ret/feral hate.

1 Like

Pugs are operating like most guilds have been all expansion. 1 Combat 1 Sin rogue

1 Like

which is the same for rets and furies.
And only the sweatiest of the sweats are stacking ferals.
If there is any stacking going on with “normal” guilds, it’s usually locks and mages since they’ve been s-tier since phase 1 and haven’t switched mains for the current FOTM.

1 Like

the shammies are being kicked to the curb

1 Like

This thread is a disaster and I personally don’t think any changes need to be made at all. It is kind of annoying seeing everyone pretend like they don’t understand though. We’re playing wrath classic they’ve adjusted the balance with a result of making two of the best classes even better than they were, “should be” I think it’s totally normal for war players to be annoyed by that. That being said the weird raid utility arguments and crazy claims about how effective the buffs are is wild. People need to relax, the balance isn’t that crazy and a lot of it is going to shake out over the phase. Ret specifically got a massive jumpstart with easy 2 piece and normal Taj. 99% of raids aren’t turning down any well played class, it’s fine, relax.

4 Likes

Boooo. I would rather they make balancing changes to raise dud classes and specs over giving 5% damage buff every 2 weeks.

Same lazy solution as the first iteration of wotlk though I guess so we get that authentic experience.

is it though ?

A little annoyed, yes 100%. I understand we all have a little wow brainrot but if you can’t conceptualize why, you’re too far gone brother.

2 Likes

I would much rather see changes to class utility to effectively bring a 5-30% damage buff than just some flat raid buff that is slapped on.

You could even get creative with it and have it bleed into cata or “foreshadow” the events cataclysm… “there’s a rumblin’ in the tummy of Azeroth”

Maybe it ruins balancing for ruby sanctum but I don’t think that’s why anyone is playing wotlk and I kind of remember ruby sanctum being P3 onyxia levels of useless content anyways.

feral fury warrior and fire mage are way too high. they’re leaving everyone else in the dust

SoD starts later today. That’s what classic team is going to focus on, not balancing dps specs.
Besides, CataC is just a few months away.

1 Like

waste of effort

will be dead in 2 months

1 Like