Prioritizing convenient “efficient” gameplay over Social/Fun

RDF was in og wotlk

Do you also oppose guild banks in tbc?

Lol someone sent it to me as ammo.

The real homies know what’s good

1 Like

Most people are arguing that LFD doesn’t, “fit” the “Classic” design.

Which makes no sense.

what ive noticed is that the people who spout off about how it isn’t hard for pugs to be formed and stuff tend to either: not run dungeons at all, run dungeons with a full guild group, or have a pocket tank/healer (or are the tank/healer) so they only ever have to find dps should they need to pug.

These threads are often quite pointless. Blizz does not pay attention to them and all the anti-lfd people have already got what they want, so majority of supporters in the forums will be pro-lfd. Same with polls.

Anti-RDF crowd are just a bunch of trolls. They are 100% the same people who try to afk farm runes in Elden Ring by jumping out of bounds with the horse.

2 Likes

Anti rfders dont even have enough of them in this forum to field a warsong gulch team

2 Likes

One is good for the game and LFD is bad for game

The social fabric in MMO’s has been dead for years.

A combination of time, the novelty of the MMO experience wearing off, and a general malaise in the player base has reduced it to what it is today, and not even Classic or TBC was able to bring it back.

I won’t lie and say RFD wasn’t part of the issue, but basically everything Blizz implemented to make the game easier and more brain dead has contributed far more

1 Like

I was so excited to hear about Wrath Classic but no LFD is a deal breaker for me. If there isn’t the right guild makeup online you’re stuck in the cap looking at chat for hours. That’s not playing the game. That’s not socializing. It’s just a waste of time. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

7 Likes

Next time you read your post this I want you to manually walk to your bg queue. You’re not allowed to queue for it anymore. Hop on a flight path and spam to fill your group. Then travel there.

The hypocrisy is real. Don’t allow the same convienences for PVE but allow it to exist in a PVP environment.

And for the record LFD didn’t kill the thing you said it did. Boosts are far worse. So are GDKPs. Buy gold to get gear. Cringe af.

8 Likes

just look at how many AFKers & toxic player is in PUG BG experence. almost like cross realm is bad for community… thats why dedicated pvpers almost exclusively play in premade.

They did in retail and will in classic wrath… and I think boosts are terrible for game too.

I personally made cross server friends in dungeon runs with LFD back in Wrath. Actually moved servers to play with some of them.

Im happy for you. LFD still damage social network of game tho

In Wrath? No it doesn’t. LFD only makes the game better for the non-sweaties. I guess if Retail shows us anything it is that Blizz only cares about them sweaties.

1 Like

If retail only care about sweaties, why does it have LFD?

You can’t lfd mythic+.

You know the actual hard content.

1 Like

No it doesn’t you can que a full premade group of all your friends or guildies or fellow squirrel watchers.

3 Likes

You are wrong. When I get a group now here is the entire social aspect of it: “I’ll DPS MT” invite “hey”. “thanks for the run”.

That’s it.

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about. You aren’t leveling or trying to gear an alt right now. There is a big difference between shortly after launch when you can do as many dungeons as you have time in a day to today when it’s so time consuming to get a group it’s a huge waste of time. I spend 3-4 hours looking for each dungeon group I get and some days I can’t find any groups. 3-4 hours wasted watching and spamming the LFG channel is not good game play and there is zero social anything in those 3-4 hours and there isn’t much talking in the groups either, because they are there to get something done, not to make friends. This wasn’t any different in Vanilla or TBC. It’s super hard to get groups a few months after the initial rush.

2 Likes

How can you quest while you are watching and spamming LFG chat? You can’t.