Princess Theradras

Helps to have your tank go “I was hit 6 times within 1 second.”

We ended up solving this by pulling with a hunter pet to soak the windfury (cause in the cases of drakes/garr adds, it usually happens right as they get close enough to hit.) My guess is that they ‘store’ hits while at range, and (assuming this is a classic batching bug) it batches them all into the game after they are ‘able.’

I could easily be very wrong, of course…

I noticed the same thing at low level

I was fighting this one spider and when I got aggro and it reached me, I took 3 instant auto attack all at once

I’m 100% sure it’s the nu-netcode(Not spell batching). It’s like everything is delayed and yet happen all at once at the same time.

Well now I’m debating making a bug report thread, but would probably need to do more testing with screenshots/clips…and I don’t have those right now.

Hm.

Lol our tank died to this.

4 normal attacks, 2 crushing, and a shadow flame, in one spell batch.

I think the spell batching gets screwed up when the servers have a high load, and since the instances are on seperate servers, it would make sense that it would be extra bad on typical raid days, which seem to be tuesday/thursday, for my realm at least.

1 Like

Here I got a screenshot, it’s easy to get it to happen with a pet at the right distance

https://imgur.com/VrJ7snf

1 Like

Sound like a threat problem.

Stop asking for changes because you died. Oh yea we have game for you…

Changes weren’t asked for, bro. Just asking if it was a normal thing to happen. Calm thy mammaries.

4 Likes

Yes it’s normal. Thrash specifically stacks if there isn’t a target in melee range for it to unload on. It’s meant to discourage kiting, while not prevent it if you can do it perfectly.

Welp this explains why my pet was getting recked at lvl 60 vs princess lol. But even then it should have a stack limit that is reasonable.

I kited princess down to 20% never taking a hit and she reached my pet once after I had to FD for Mana, and one shot my pet for 4k damage instantly.

As much as I don’t particularly care much for Classic gameplay, that’s not something that should be changed. It’s a mechanic that simply needs to be handled properly rather than nerfed down to be “manageable.” God knows Classic needs stuff like that.

2 Likes

Considering princess does about 300-400 damage a hit to my pet normally, she hit it for 10+ times in a single hit. Reckoning was hot fix nerfed to have a stack limit, it’s the same mechanics and thus should have a reasonable stack limit. I think 10 stacks is a reasonable cap for it because it would “act” the same as it is now, but then a tank using CDs would have a chance of surviving as well.

Sure it won’t fix my personal issue I had with it on princess, but it would make it a survivable mechanic for a tank using shield wall to try to survive the incoming 10 stacks of thrash.

So a girl beat you up and you run to the forums? :wink:

Or the tank can be smart and not stay out of melee range often to keep those stacks to a minimum. :man_shrugging:

The fun thing about the drakes in BWL is they often use thrash just for the hell of it. Thrash adds a double melee attack that isn’t part of it’s normal melee. If it comes after a shadowflame, the main tank can take as much as 6.5k damage in around 0.8 seconds.

If you continue having problems convincing people, link them to this image I took from my own guild’s logs: https://i.imgur.com/41kauSs.png

That nonsense seems to happen a few times a fight, so flask up and make sure only one person uses PW:S!

1 Like

it sounds kind of like what happens when you lag or have some packet loss
and suddenly all the events come in rapid fire.

I wonder if the host could have the same thing happen kind of, and the mobs events suddenly spew out in rapid succession to catch up?

I’ve seen this happen as well. Wolves will do it too.

The whole server would have to be lagging then. Which is possible. Some times the raids feel like they aren’t “right” and the batching is off. I did notice the first two weeks when we would have to come back the next day, it was much easier. But that could be raid morale, being prepared, or the server lag being less. Hard to tell with 40 people.

It could have been happening for MC as well, but since those bosses don’t really have a windfury mechanic and don’t hit too hard its not noticeable. And in MC the overall raid can be very sloppy and still successful, where as a couple bosses in BWL will mess you up of your tanks and heals aren’t coordinating correctly.

It’s possible.
Anything from heavy host load, to external problems, like an ISP issue.
Host load could cause events sent from the host to get delayed and then shot out in a lump, to catch the clients up.

And ISP issues could cause dropped packets or much delayed popping in bursts, causing the clients to ask the host to resend a lot, or the clients to just suddenly receive a burst in a quick lump.

Either way, result is the same Oh Hai! Heer iz last fings dat hapinz
all in a lump.

I think all of us healers have seen it.
tank at 75% HP, you hit him with a full heal just for good measure, massive overheal
BOOM!
Tank laying face down sucking gravel.

Everyone looks at you.

Your like i healed! Honest, i dunno what just happened!

Some monsters have a “Thrash” mechanic and can proc multiple attacks against players in a very short duration.

• Note: Most of these monsters can also “store” these procs and unleash them all several seconds later. An example of this is the Princess Theradras encounter in Maraudon. The Princess will store her attacks if kited and can land several attacks instantly when she catches up to her target. This behavior is consistent with the reference client