Princess Theradras

Or the tank can be smart and not stay out of melee range often to keep those stacks to a minimum. :man_shrugging:

The fun thing about the drakes in BWL is they often use thrash just for the hell of it. Thrash adds a double melee attack that isn’t part of it’s normal melee. If it comes after a shadowflame, the main tank can take as much as 6.5k damage in around 0.8 seconds.

If you continue having problems convincing people, link them to this image I took from my own guild’s logs: https://i.imgur.com/41kauSs.png

That nonsense seems to happen a few times a fight, so flask up and make sure only one person uses PW:S!

1 Like

it sounds kind of like what happens when you lag or have some packet loss
and suddenly all the events come in rapid fire.

I wonder if the host could have the same thing happen kind of, and the mobs events suddenly spew out in rapid succession to catch up?

I’ve seen this happen as well. Wolves will do it too.

The whole server would have to be lagging then. Which is possible. Some times the raids feel like they aren’t “right” and the batching is off. I did notice the first two weeks when we would have to come back the next day, it was much easier. But that could be raid morale, being prepared, or the server lag being less. Hard to tell with 40 people.

It could have been happening for MC as well, but since those bosses don’t really have a windfury mechanic and don’t hit too hard its not noticeable. And in MC the overall raid can be very sloppy and still successful, where as a couple bosses in BWL will mess you up of your tanks and heals aren’t coordinating correctly.

It’s possible.
Anything from heavy host load, to external problems, like an ISP issue.
Host load could cause events sent from the host to get delayed and then shot out in a lump, to catch the clients up.

And ISP issues could cause dropped packets or much delayed popping in bursts, causing the clients to ask the host to resend a lot, or the clients to just suddenly receive a burst in a quick lump.

Either way, result is the same Oh Hai! Heer iz last fings dat hapinz
all in a lump.

I think all of us healers have seen it.
tank at 75% HP, you hit him with a full heal just for good measure, massive overheal
BOOM!
Tank laying face down sucking gravel.

Everyone looks at you.

Your like i healed! Honest, i dunno what just happened!

Some monsters have a “Thrash” mechanic and can proc multiple attacks against players in a very short duration.

• Note: Most of these monsters can also “store” these procs and unleash them all several seconds later. An example of this is the Princess Theradras encounter in Maraudon. The Princess will store her attacks if kited and can land several attacks instantly when she catches up to her target. This behavior is consistent with the reference client