Primal Chaos can now be Sent to Alts

For those players without alts - could an option to buy sockets with the primal chaos also be added, please?

I apologize in advance for the long post.
It is also derived from the Wowhead comment section but concerning the same topic.

Context: Player A commented how time should be invested into an alt and gear it. This is similar enough to the Blizzard paragraph about playing the character.

I don’t disagree with playing alts. But having account bound reagents doesn’t change the fact you still have to run keys to get rating, which your achievements are linked. Having account bound reagents would presumably promote alt gameplay.

But why?
Why would that be detrimental to you?

Like others have posted, sure. You can get your 392 crafted gear with sparks. Okay, cool. You still have multiple other slots that are going to be low.

What progression path are you and others like you proposing ? Should every alt just level to 70. Start normals. Max gear from normals. Start heroics. Gear that way. Start mythic zero. Gear that way. Then go into +2s until you’re fully equipped with that gear? And then continue on like that?

Why is that better? Why should that be the “normal” progression ?

When DF launched, many of us went directly into our mythic zero world tours at 300-320 item level. Then we went straight into keys when they opened. Some of us around 370ish due to lucky drops and WQs, others around 350-360ish that were unlucky.

Where in the world did this concept of having to go through this stupid “normal” progression come from ? I have done the exact same content since launch on up to 8-10 alts due to raid compositions and mythic plus compositions / needs of the guild or group. I don’t need to spend even more time with this dumb “normal” progression that slows you down. I, the player, have done the content and I have farmed the reagents - I should be able to distribute and use them as I see fit. Without a tax. Without limitation. If I want my alt to be in full 418 gear - who cares. My fun doesn’t come from this “grind” that we have done for over 15 years now. My objective is jump straight into keys and find my own personal limitations while performing at the best of my ability.

Having the gear to start keys doesn’t even promise you a spot while applying. You could be 390 applying for a +2 and get declined, I’ve experienced that and I know many of my friends who do not have a static group suffer from this. People already have a bloated, misaligned perception of what item level you should be to start keys. Having the ability to bypass this as much as possible and reduce the chances of being declined is a good thing.

For some reason, some of the player base just believe that gear and items should be this trudge, this crusade, this painstakingly long journey to get some place- to chase the carrot with as much difficulty as possible. But why? When did that become your norm and why is it okay?

I would see valor be uncapped and account bound. Same with honor. I don’t care. Let there be a vendor who sells gear again. Especially if you’re having trouble with RNG. Who. Cares. It doesn’t stop your gameplay. It especially doesn’t stop the casual gameplay or the group of players who will never see nor care about pushing anything over a +20 or clear mythic progression.

Blizzard has continuously used the alt friendliness concept for Dragonflight - but it’s really not that friendly. What about account wide progress for Renown? Why do I have to keep playing the same content over and over and over again? Especially when I have unlocked it once? And what about account wide currencies ?

What does it hurt you to promote “fun” concepts for alts and to actually listen to the people playing your game and just let these reagents be account wide, along with so many other items. Let it truly be an alt friendly expansion. Instead of just being the illusion of friendliness. At least we can say, “it’s friendlier than the past expansions”.

It’s like you’re willing to do something but begrudgingly. Then tax the player base out of some passive aggressive mentality.

1 Like

I will get my last skill points for both blacksmith and jewelcrafting come darkmoon faire later this week - I only have engineering and tailoring left to level up now. However, it is far easier just making 5 pieces of gear for 2 characters and be done.

Is mythic plus and raiding pay to win, because people can pay gold to get carried through them? If it isn’t, than neither is crafting.

You can buy sockets with the tokens from the vault. There were reagents and stuff you could buy with those extra BoP items in the past, like the blood of sargeras from Legion. No doubt they’ll eventually put a vendor like that in the future.

I guess my problem is their reason sounds like they’re begrudgingly making this change, not because they actually agree with our feedback about the situation they created.

2 Likes

You’d rather they space the spark acquisition on all alts from the moment they get their first to mimic your main’s progression to avoid this “situation” they’ve created?

If you are paying any substantial amount of gold for 392 pieces (so non-primal focus ones) you are getting scammed. We are at the point most people can guarantee those without any sort of proc or using an insight and people will craft them for practically nothing if you provide the mats (sometimes only needing rank 2).

Anything more than that, sure, expect to pay something since we get into needing insights/inspiration procs, but wanting 418 crafted gear isn’t asking for another alt and we are getting into multiple mains territory.

No I’d rather they made PCs transferable as soon as alts could gather sparks in quick succession after hitting 70. Not wait until players are sitting on multiple sparks and <100 primal chaos to use them.

Then make the change, but point out that they’d rather we gear our alts the same way we did our first characters.

Their reason is nonsense. They are totally clueless about how many of these people have. Reducing 2000 to 1500 or so is meaningless when people are easily going to make that back in another month.

The rep ones are really meant for casual players who are not going to earn them thru mythic+ or heroic raiding. Anyone not doing that content, will welcome the chance to eventually be able to upgrade their crafted gear to 408 ilvl form open world questing.

I’m a fan of their change to chaos, but allowing account wide renown would remove one of the few road blocks on crafting alt armies. Which would be detrimental to crafting as a whole.

As for “alt friendliness”, there’s a break point where there wouldn’t be any differentiation between main and alt. For some, that would be great, but personally, I think it should be painfully obvious when someone is on their alt. I think dragonflight has so far hit a fairly good middle ground, especially now that chaos can be transferred to alts.

2 Likes

Meh, in that month, you could also just play the alt you would have sent those chaos to, without the tax. If you need the big crafted gear this much, you intend to play the character yeah?

That’s fine. The problem isn’t that they exist. The problem is that they exist for one character and not another, even if you as the player put in the time to obtain what is functionally a time-gating currency. They solved the issue.

That’s not a reliable source for players who play one character across multiple specs.

Allowing primal chaos to be used would help and would put that currency to use.

There’s also plenty of doubt when they had currency like this for the last 2 expansions since legion that didn’t get a vendor like legion- even though it was requested frequently.

I don’t do mythic plus so by the time my alts get the chaos they need from world content, I already have better gear so it is pointless to make any.

I was just pointing out they aren’t ‘fixing’ anything with this change, just over rewarding mythic plus as usual to the detriment of other players.

3 Likes

no, they unbalanced the game. the only people who had too many of these were people doing mythic plus. Should a system for account wide gearing exist for only one type of content?

3 Likes

This is a good start, and I hear you that you don’t want the best way to gear an alt to be to play a different character – BUT:

You guys really should do something so that 50x +16s isn’t what is required to get a single alt up to speed. I would suggest an achievement for getting a certain item level (410/415) and then once you have that achievement, all of your characters gain primal focus / concentrated primal focus at an increased rate (2 or 3 instead of just 1 for a +16).

1 Like

“Too many” is not an issue in and of itself.

THANK YOU!
I have 873 of these rotting on my main atm lol