Priest talent tree

What. The. Heck. After like row 4 the class tree has zero opportunity for meaningful horizontal cross over and the last three rows are literally just straight lines. Categorical failure at delivering on your mission to promote player freedom and creativity of specializations. I’m not even a priest player and it’s obvious this was a super lazy job done.

MUST be an error because there is no way you actually intend on making so players can’t move straight down from light of the naru on the holy tree in row 7 to the choice mode immediately below it. If that’s the case then you’re also confirming you can spec backwards up the tree? Because that’s literally the only way to get to that choice mode lol.

And shadow world death must be missing from automatically learned abilities on the shadow side? Otherwise you could theoretically spec into Death and Madness without actually having shadow word death if it isn’t automatically learned.

Come on. I’m not a priest and it took me like 60 seconds to find this stuff. What are you even doing blizzard! Now I’m terrified to see the warrior tree.

4 Likes

From the Priest talent preview page:

That choice node obviously doesn’t have pre-requisites other than number of points spent in the tree. No you don’t have to go backwards up through the tree. That is explicitly spelled out.

2 Likes

Ahhh missed that! Does this happen in any of the other trees released so far? I don’t remember seeing it.

Tbf, Blizzard prefaces the preview by stating that the trees are prototypes, there’s still a lot of work to be done, and they want (constructive) feedback.

1 Like

Idk to me this is looking fantastic. Disc is gonna be amazingly fun.

5 Likes

I want to know who’s the memelord that thought bringing back Lightwell was a good idea.

5 Likes

Shadow tree. What to say. It’s terrible. Nothing changed. Searing nightmare still in the game. Talents locked behind useless talents. Talents forcing you to mindflay 24/7 to increase dot speed. Literally terrible attempt.

3 Likes

Lightwell is back you say…

I missed it, i won’t lie. I liked the version that threw up on everyone

Nothing wrong with searing nightmare, in fact shadow needs it or something like it, just the way it was implemented wasn’t thought out very well.

1 Like

It’s the worse version. Only on 15 targets and on a 3m CD. Whether it’s even stagnant or follows the Priest remains to be seen.

(Ok you don’t have to click it so it’s not THE worse version)

It’s fine to think fondly back on Lightwell but it was a meme and laughed at for a reason. It’s not ok to bring it back as a deep tree talent choice.

Make sure to read the text in red when deciding how much outrage to have.

1 Like

We have a great outlit for harder hitting shadow spells and significantly more synergy with shadow coven and schism. This obviously passively increases our overall attonement healing, especially with our increased damage buff uptimes. Shields are also getting a % buff + CD reduction for pain suppression for every cast. We got lights wrath back and got our current tier set baked into the tree. So much good stuff in there.

15 Likes

Isn’t the point of having outrage now so that they make changes to the WIP version before actually launching the game? If you wait until they say “these are final” to have outrage you’re a little late lol.

I was wrong on a couple of my points. I read the whole Blizz post but somehow just didn’t register a couple of details.

Outrage is not constructive feedback.

5 Likes

I like how disci talents look.

3 Likes

You can’t read.

You can’t read. I already admitted I was wrong about that. Welcome to the party.

1 Like

The wording on Empyreal Blaze has me brain juicing a little bit…

“Refreshes Holy Fire. Your next 3 casts of Holy Fire cost no mana, incur no cooldown, and cast instantly. 30 second cooldown. Passive: Whenever Holy Fire is reapplied, its duration is now extended instead.”

Does that last part imply that Holy Fire is going to snapshot? :thinking:

The new priest tree is awesome! I don’t think I’ve seen a better balanced system in any game ever and this might be absolute perfection only challenged for the crown by the dk and Druid talent trees. It’s amazing how talented the World of Warcraft devs are and I’m glad to be here in this timeline and generation to be able to experience The Most Perfect Balance in Gaming !

I can’t wait to see how blizzard manages to outdo themselves yet again when the next tree is announced and I’m so glad to have preordered knowing my support and money helped them achieve this amazing goal :dizzy::rabbit:

Have a great and happy day to all of GD

TLDR: Void Eruption Talent should be required for Void Touched talent as it’s reliant on it.

My concern with these previews is having a talent reliant on another in different columns making it possible to take a talent that effects a spell you don’t have. I’ve never enjoyed Void Eruption/Void Bolt gameplay and don’t plan on taking it but if I want either Idol of C’Thun or Yogg-Saron I’d have to take Void Touched which lets me cast Void Bolt, an ability I wouldn’t have. Surely Blizzard will notice this type of issue and fix them in current and future previews… maybe.