Pride month is coming soon. In-game ideas and suggestions

Tell me the “misspelling” was delberate!

1 Like

Obviously
/grins

1 Like

Translation: “I want harmful gay stereotypes added to WoW”

3 Likes

Make an ingame parade of gnomes with all the colors of the rainbow hairstyle and walk in a line around the city.

1 Like

That’s one way for Blizzard to lose more subs.

How did they manage to have so much visible str8 representation without harmful str8 stereotypes?

No it’s nothing like that. LGBT+ NPC’s are more hidden/out of sight most likely because of phobes who are unaccepting of it. Thankfully, Blizzard has been going through a lot of change recently and this is will be less of a problem soon. Diversity and inclusion is more important than appealing to the phobes.

1 Like

I don’t even know what a harmful straight stereotype is. 99% of the population is straight there really isn’t a stereotype I can think of.

1 Like

Why are you being so bi-phobic, transphobic, queerphobic, and lesbianphobic? What about representation for them? What about non-binary representation? What about every non CIS person who isn’t being represented? Do you hate them as well?

You DO realize it’s LGBTQIA+ and not just G, right?

2 Likes

Isn’t every month “Pride Month” at this point?

3 Likes

does it need a special event. it’s pride day everyday on these forums after all heh

*ah poster above beat me to it lol

3 Likes

Can we have a pride month where we show pride in a game that isn’t bringing IRL issues into a FANTASY game that is in no way tied to or existing in our universe?

A place where people can get away from all the BS that is current IRL society?

2 Likes

The best thing is Muting the threads. A generous dose (about 50%) of Muting makes this forum almost readable. Just go to the bottom of the thread and choose “Muted” in the Share menu. Then exit the thread, and drink a glass of good wine (of whatever you prefer) to celebrate.

1 Like

I think IRL society of the LGBT community is great and there’s a lot of great people representing the movement. If your entire world view on pride or society is negative, it just sounds like you don’t get out often.

If it is so great, then why do you need a pride month.

My original point being - keep IRL to IRL and away from a fantasy world that has absolutely nothing to do with IRL. They stated that in the WoW universe, there is no homophobia… so asking to bring a “pride month” into WoW forces them to bring homophobia into the game as well and to make it canon.

If more LGBT characters are added into the game, great - so long as they fit the story and they make sense. Checkbox characters destroy franchises.

2 Likes

It’s clear Blizzard plays into this stuff every time they get into trouble publicly. It’s their umbrella. I would be insulted by that stuff if I were of the community being placated that way.

Mainly because Pride is a reminder that certain very wealthy people are controlling the narrative at the expense of poor gays.

Your thread is asking for an in game event/holiday. If they devs are going to take the time to make one then we all have the right to voice are opinions. Especially in this thread as many may prefer other events/holidays come first.

I would like shark week before pride myself. Or maybe native Americans, they are the original oppressed people in America.

4 Likes

we dont talk about that. it’s taboo :wink:

1. In the thread, click on the avatar of the offending player, then highlight their name with the mouse and copy it.
  2. Now click your own small avatar at top right of the page, click the rightmost icon again at top right, click Preferences, in the new page click Users.
  3. At the right you see the “Ignored” section. Click Add, click Select, paste the name you copied in phase 1, choose a timeframe (recommended “Forever”), click Ignore, click Shave Changes. When you have done it a couple of times it’s a breeze.
  4. Drink a glass of wine, or whatever you prefer, to celebrate. You deserve it.