Pretty amazing how thoroughly retconned Tess Greymane has become

Woman whose entire personality from Cataclysm is she did not WANT to lead Gilneas, and Genn whose entire personality is fighting for Gilneas, is suddenly switched roles.

Don’t even get me started on the absolute nonsense that is the Scarlet motivations for even going into Gilneas. You know, the faction that is exclusively hateful of the Scourge and taint of the plague suddenly exhuming Worgen corpses to burn them of ‘the bestial curse’.

Blizzard, whoever is writing your story, you have zero writing discipline and this is why the Black Library keeps doing laps around you.

I had low standards but this quest drove them into the ground.

33 Likes

Well that’s just my worst fear imagined. For fel’s sake Blizzard. First we run night elves into the ground, now Gilneas. What’s next? The gnomes?

11 Likes

I mean, they’re about 2 feet away already…

17 Likes

At least they are consistent.

Writing has always been, over all, horrible.

8 Likes

It’s really hard to encapsulate just how bad this questline is.

Tess Greymane, the woman who joined the military as an excuse to get away from the responsibilities of nobility and to get away from the line of succession is suddenly the queen of Gilneas.

Genn Greymane, the man who is Gilneas personified and whose entire lifeblood is about fighting and defending her people, even going so far as nearly blood-pacting himself to kill Sylvanas and chasing her across several hells to get vengeance for his people.

Both of these characters have a skirmish with the Scarlet Crusade with the aid of Calia Menethil (who is literally the queen regent of Lordaeron at this state and has a responsibility to the still living heirs of Lordaeron Ie the Scarlet Crusade) to slaughter them wholesale.

At the end of the questline you have a daughter consoling her father about why he built the wall in the first place (Sure, it had nothing to do with the tangible doorkicking threat of the Scourge and had everything to do with his fearful feewings), crying over the grave of Liam saying that Tess will be the superb ruler of Gilneas, and Tess just straight up immediately calling herself Queen.

The level of 180’s achieved here would rack up a high score in a Tony Hawk Pro-Skater jump.

EDIT: To those who will argue ‘Scarlets are a bunch of human supremacists’, mind they are anti-undead first and foremost. Why would they give a flying dog about the other anti-undead faction of the alliance, when theres records of them even attempting to ally with them in the past?

This writing is awful.

26 Likes

:dracthyr_tea:

The whole “shirking of responsibility then coming to rule” has been done a thousand times. It’s not original but it’s not exactly far fetched either is it?

6 Likes

oh no, people evolve over the years. how dare they.

6 Likes

Gnomes got nothing really new since patch 3.3.5 ( The fight for Gnomeregan). I don’t think this will change.

4 Likes

Gnomergon is underground so they are already there technically.

There are good ways to handle it and then there is this way.

2 Likes

Isn’t this basically the exact opposite of what they did to Wrathion and becoming Aspect. :dracthyr_lulmao:

1 Like

I guess they needed someone to inherit Gilneas after Genn but they couldn’t think of anyone else, lol.

Also, did anyone else think her face looked funny in the cinematic?

1 Like

Tess was always slated to take over and be the heir of Gilneas. There’s not a single Worgen or Gilnean player out there who didn’t expect it.

But it was going to be a tooth-and-claw effort to get her to take the throne, since she has basically made her entire character rejecting the throne in order to maintain military adherence.

It just feels like every aspect of the personalities and characters that blizzard built up is just ‘poof’. Gone. Enjoy your girlboss Tess, at least?

2 Likes

Cataclysm was close to a decade ago in game time.

8 Likes

Yea its such a shame that personality kept up all the way to BFA, through their book series and novels.

/s

BFA was around 5 years ago.

In BFA she already accepted the role of future ruler, in the worgen heritage quest.

She says something like: How I can lead if i dont know what our people struggle with the curse is.

11 Likes

Why do night elves always get nice, detailed cinematics and worgen just the leftovers?..

How long do I have to wait for Tess to become a worgen?

2 Likes

So the racial leader of the Worgen is now a human.

I guess that’s par for the course regarding content centered around Worgen…

(I suspect Blizzard doesnt want to go through the trouble of creating a unique Worgen model for Tess, but that’s just me)

19 Likes