Pretend BFA never happen

I mean, you can pretend what you want.

But we’re denizens of the Story forum. We tend not to just ignore canon. No matter how much we disagree with it.

1 Like

You never know. I very clearly remember a person many years back, who claimed that Tides of Darkness was a non-canon lie, because in Orgrim and Lothar’s Mak’gora, Orgrim shattered Lothar’s sword. The guy claimed that swords can’t shatter, and therefore the old WCII lore where Orgrim cowardly assassinates Lothar is still in effect.

They were very serious about it.

1 Like

What
Boy I’d love to watch him play Breath of the Wild.

The same can be said about Xavius in Wrath, Imperator Margok in WoD, etc.
I’m sure Sire Denathrius will be the same.

Nevertheless, in the lore, the threat they posed lorewise was still real. GHuun was still a nasty blood good on the verge of giving Azeroth planetary ebola.

Because he was forgettable though it is easy to overlook the Horde doing good by taking him down.

That’s BfA in a nutshell though.

PS: It makes sense that Alliance players would be able to write G’Huun off so easily since their interaction with him was so minimal. He was basically an antagonist made for Horde players, sorry to say. Usually I don’t condone things being so one-sided, but after the War of Thorns, Horde players needed something heroic.

She didn’t have the Horde helping her at the time though. They’re still free of her yoke. He still died so an actual siege of Org didn’t have to happen saving a ton of lives, both Alliance and Horde.

We’ll still have to put up with it. Small price I guess.

Legion and Battle for Azeroth are, in my often mentioned opinion, four expansions that were mashed into two expansions.

If they had followed what seems to have at least been their initial brainstorm plan, then BfA would never have happened and in its place would have been two expansions, one dealing with a Cataclysm style pre-patch and then Kul Tiras and Zandalar and local threats there, culminating with fixing the Azerite issue and an escalating faction forces, and followed by an Azshara/N’zoth expansion where Saurfang’s story would have played out and the faction war would have resolved.

Unlike WoD, BfA has pieces that can’t just be ignored or erased and advance the overall plot, so it can never ‘not happen’, in a proper hypothetical. But the pieces are much more haphazard.