Prepatch Pushed Back

What happened to Chromie?

3 Likes

“The game is going to be great…period! Why do I have to remind you?” - Blizzard Communication Team Motto

8 Likes

And having played the same amount of time, I can only agree with you.

2 Likes

From someone who is proactively trying to tell other players to stop hating for the sake of hating, they reap what they sow. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Let me find the other thread.

2 Likes

Here it is. Read the OP and you’ll see the problem.

4 Likes

Khadgar betrayed us! He really left BFA so he could work on a way to delay SL! X FILES THEME PLAYS

4 Likes

This just in, I heard that Ion’s pet hamster Mr Rufflesworth accidently pulled the ripcord, resulting in a massive prepatch fiasco! They’re chasing him around the office to the Benny Hill Theme right now.

19 Likes

Make Khadgar the bad guy. It would be a huge surprise to see “dadgar” go evil.

3 Likes

OOF, is all I can say. This sounds like a lot of incoming threads when we go live. I hope that OP and us, are missing something with Chromie time, because it sounds more and more like the old world (anything pre-BfA at this point) is purposely being made obsolete and unplayable, except coming at max and rushing through grey questlines.

2 Likes

There’s better threads in the Pre-Patch PTR forum, where people who’ve actually participated give their feedback. My thread is second-hand information.

1 Like

Seriously. I don’t need to speed level a character. I have one of every class at 120 with a few multiples (yes I need help). I’m also sitting on 2 boosts.

I was looking forward to running in an older xpac and doing all the zones even if I had to turn the xp off. The thing I was looking forward to was doing that with out running everything over the way we do now.

2 Likes

So looks like Betalands pre-patch will probably be the 6th was hoping for the 29th.

I think this point forwards all expacs should be called

World of Warcraft : Beta (Fill in the Blank)

1 Like

This is what drives me nuts. Why can’t they just say it’s been pushed back because things behind the scenes? So many other game devs do it why can’t they.

8 Likes

it was never going to be this tuesday.

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping in. I’ll have to go look but it was your thread that brought it to my attention and thank you for that.

Can’t they go back to legacy end-game manually? Not to level, but just later?

For legion as an example, when did the leveling stop in legion? Pretty sure it was after the first four zones and then Suramar was an end-game activity. So I don’t think they (Blizzard) count “end-game” as part of leveling, which is what chromie-time is for.

This seems like a super niche complaint from someone who plays the game their own way and I don’t think they’re prohibited from going back and doing that stuff after they level. Getting ported out sucks. It’d be nice if they just hit level 50 and chromie gives them a popup like

“Greetings traveler! You have reached level 50 and are ready to get back to reality. If you’d like to stay here in the past, click _____”

The problem here is the speed of the leveling. Example, you’ll only need Howling Fjord with a sprinkle of Dragonblight to hit 50.

Same, I’ve been holding on leveling my 2nd Warrior (Horde) [need two, so I can get two different covenant transmogs lol], after Pre-patch or even launch to test the new leveling experience. Not sure where that leaves me.

I’m telling you pre-patch isn’t until the 27th

3 Likes