Prepatch Pushed Back

And? Was just saying that it’s a nice line up since we know it’s not Tuesday

Because the expansion isn’t ready yet, and won’t be by October 27th either.

Here is the question though, how do we exactly know it is still not confirmed for this Tuesday? Blizzard hasn’t really said anything about which date the prepatch is going to be released.

They’re doing a server merge on Tuesday, and it’s a short maintenance window, they could throw us a curve ball and patch on Thursday though

Wouldn’t be the first time something major happened on a Thursday

when did they say that short window? I see them saying realms are down till 4pm who says they can’t be merging in the downtiem for the PP?

Yeah, but just remember, it is Saturday today… (Well, here in Australia it is). They may or may not extend that maintenance time as well for the prepatch.

Nothing is really confirmed yet except for the maintenence on realm connections.

EDIT: This is from Blizzard:

The extended maintenance for the realm connections begins at 8 AFTER regular maintenance, they expect regular maintenance to end at 8

IDK, it’s pretty explicit that regular maintenance ends at 8, and it would be suicide to prepatch AND try to connect those realms considering the problems they’ve been causing

minor few hour difference for those realms to get onto pre-patch is their price for low pop realms

They wouldn’t be saying regular maintenance ends at 8 if they were planning prepatch, don’t be daft

It’ll be at least a 6 hour window but more likely 8

Not necessarily. I’ve seen plenty of patch release builds put on the PTR over the weekend.

I vote Wirt as imposter

It was never going to be this Tuesday. There was no way they were doing a 4 day “Heads up” to the PVPers.

It was always going to be the 6th. It might even be pushed out to the 13th if there’s too much work to be done still.

2 Likes

I mean, it was 8 days, plenty of time

They got the announcement last monday, would’ve been 8.

Nah, they were planning the 6th. The rep event goes through the end of September, they made their PVP announcement on Monday, and Brewfest will be over.

This is what I was looking forward to, as well. If people want to speed level, give them the tools to do so (put XP gains back on heirlooms and un-nerf the old XP potions for the speed levelers). I want to go enjoy the nostalgia of old expansions, which is how they sold the feature when it was announced at Blizzcon.

1 Like

Oh, nice. I don’t mind the prepatch being postponed, as long as we get actual rewards for the event. Currently, if you don’t need the transmog and you don’t need the ilvl, you don’t need to do the event… :man_shrugging:

It’s not like they’re changing it

Shadowlands in a nutshell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPN0qhSyWy8