Prepatch is on PTR. Shadowlands in October?

The PTR visibly updated for everyone to 9.0. It isn’t really a secret.

ah that is true

so hyped for pre-patch event

1 Like

Doubt it’ll be October.

Mid to late October pre-patch is likely their goal, rather it is met or not remains to be seen. I say this because it’d make it more popular to play due to how thematic it is. Plus still a good amount of people trapped at home.

I don’t see the actual expansion being released at that time, but it’d be also be cool for that.

I look forward to finding out what zones are disrupted by the pre-patch…

I can see your train of thought, I just think they will do a early November release just due to the pattern of testing. Though with their internal dates, the head honcho’s could very well be pushing them to release it a bit earlier for all we know.

They are rushing systemlands?

*Rubs palms together"

This is good news for those that want a new dev team. :+1: :+1: :+1:

You honestly see 2-3 months of scourge invasion being an enjoyable activity past the first month or 6 weeks? We all know how sparse pre-patches are in terms of quest content because blizzard knows they are transient. The experience would have greatly exceed what the legion pre-patch offered. And even then those were only available for 3 weeks and were loved because you could glitch them out for insane exp, which was nerfed but then reverted (you got a chunk more exp however you could not readily reset the invasion like before the nerf).

yeah its october

Rogues don’t even have their full talents yet

However this is looking good for me

I get to play some new world at the end of the month, wait a little bit for prepatch and play around on that then get shadow lands whilst I wait for new worlds full launch, get to come back to WoW when they decide to fix everything due to player feed back then play AoC

Like 3 shots at MMOs

Maybe they’ll even throw a GW2 xpac in somewhere

Yup.

In time for Halloween.

:skull_and_crossbones: :skull: :tophat:

1 Like

No thanks… Shadowlands sooner not later.

lol what are you talking about?

That would be more reason to delay it than to push it forward.

While corruptions are terrible, covenants are worse imo. Corruptions end with bfa, covenants will last the entirety of shadowlands. I am in no rush to start that horrendous system. In fact, it’s killed my shadowlands hype pretty well.

Honestly a late-September/early-October pre-patch and early/mid November release is looking pretty likely.

Finally I’ll be able to pick a class since they will have to get initial balances out by then and I can see what the most OP one is yay.

Id say pre-patch october and release in november

October/November does seem likely, depending on how smooth the pre-patch is and how quickly people get in and test it to smooth out the bugs.

To be clear, as someone playing the beta right now, the beta is in a good state. The two biggest issues right now (and I am not sure if they’ve been fixed yet in the beta) are that there is a disconnect bug when leaving a covenant sanctum, and there is a bug that causes the in-between graphics and sound to play when you’re on the ground.

Other than that the bugs are minor. Some tooltip issues here, some characters standing on mounts instead of riding them there. A few ore nodes hiding in the ground etc. None of which are gamebreaking and can be fixed on the fly without needing a hotfix or content patch.