Prepatch AOE Cap

Does the AOE cap go live with prepatch? Cause way to stop BFA mythic+ lol.

2 Likes

I think having all that corruption going away will have a more significant impact.

6 Likes

I don’t think Mythic+ will be relevant during the prepatch anyways.

We’ll just have to see.

3 Likes

Imagine doing Island Expeditions and Visions and Warfronts with AoE cap lmao

8 Likes

Imagine prepatch event with AoE cap.

LMAO

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Enemy npcs gonna win easily, GG.

1 Like

Yes it should. All system and class changes are always done in the pre-patch.

1 Like

This lol.

The season will have ended and the rewards with it will be removed so definitely not.

You should still be able to do it for gear and weekly cache though.

1 Like

In Shadowlands, you will start with an AoE cap of 2.
Once you get to Max level, the AoE cap will increase depending on the amount of kills you do. The latest leaked equations is: 2 + (1,000,000 mobs kills (per character, not account wide) * 0.000001) -1.

1 Like

I love fake news!

2 Likes

Arcane mages don’t have an aoe cap in the current build so I’ll suddenly be more relevant!

I’m just glad it doesn’t look it’ll effect tanks… Was worried about big pull threat generation

What is the current and new AOE cap if someone knows?

With my equations a character would need at least 6,000,000 kills (that grant experience or honor) in order for the level cap to be 8. It’s also not account bound so less played Alts could only hit 2 targets for a while.

I think it’s great!
No?
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like some of your thoughts but I feel you may have over done it. :slight_smile:

Imagine being a healer and having the aoe cap for a while (minus class 3 min CDs).

The game will be fine,

Oh no content is harder during a pre-patch. This is totally nothing we ever experienced before. It totally wasn’t like this for TBC, WoTLk, Cataclysm and literally every single expansion that introduced any level of change what so ever.

2 Likes

Currently if you are hitting more than 20 targets the damage will just spread out instead of adding another tick for that extra target. In shadowlands most abilities will be hard capped at 5 or 8 and if there is another target they won’t do any damage at all to it.

All class and system changes will go live with the pre-patch.

It’s usually the opposite actually. They’re not going to put in a whole lot of effort into rebalancing old content, and it’s only going to matter for a couple weeks, so making things a bit easier isn’t a huge concern.