Prepatch AOE Cap

AOE cap is a good thing imo. It will be an adjustment but better for the game in a competitive aspect

1 Like

I saw something different with specific skills capped at either 5 or 8 and others uncapped.

The sucky thing is that there’s no reason for the mix. Some specs that do awesome aoe today (usually with the benefit of corruptions and azerite) will be nerfed hard with caps and others that do great aoe will not be.

It’s like Blizz wanted a pecking order and screwed it up with bfa azerite/essences and now they will guarantee it with caps

1 Like

Theres no point to logging in during prepatch. Everything will be broken. Especially max level bfa activities.

We’ve done 2 squishes so far and neither of them were pretty.

I’m not bothered

I feel like pulling every single mob in sight and exploding them has lost its charm

I remember BC when I hated warlocks because they could multi dot elementals to get motes of fire and I could kill 2 at once every 2 minutes

I think it will be good for raiding and horrible for everything else especially dungeons and farming old content

They’ll probably weaken a lot of the mobs so they die in 1-2 hits.

Bring classes that’s not AoE capped. Mage, warlock, and druids to name a few.

1 Like

Just imagine mythic carapace with an AoE cap.

Depends on the ability. Most will be capped to 5 or 8 targets. Some exceptions will be uncapped to promote class strengths.

Of all the things, I would have to say that was what made Island Expeditions bearable. Getting powerful enough to pull an entire island and see if you survive.

All they’re doing is rearranging the order of who’s best at AOE.

2 Likes

They should have just balanced better because now balancing will be a nightmare.

I used to be 7’ tall and now look at me!

I’m more adorable than pretty and I can live with that

2 Likes

Yeah, no. It wasn’t like this with earlier expansions.

Yup a new meta will develop.

BlizZard will never learn.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Man you forget how much people whined how bad WoD content was during Legion Pre-patch because they didn’t have their legion weapons? Or how bad MoP felt because the stat squish going into WoD. Or how bad WoTLK felt going into Cataclysm because the talent change…

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS THINK AOE CAP WILL AFFECT MDI OR TOP M+?

YOU PEOPLE REALISE ITS NOT EVERY CLASS WITH A CAP, SO IF YOU ARE A CAPPED CLASS GET READY TO BE DECLINED FROM GROUPS LOL.

3 Likes

LF1M exception dps M+ 15.

1 Like

Some people are just crabs in a bucket. They don’t like how their class plays so they’re trying to drag others in with them.

The only spell fire mages like me are getting aoe nerfed is Meteor and ignite, but looks like flamestrike, living bomb, and arcane explosion which we’re getting back still hits everything in its path.

Frost isn’t getting any AoE nerfed, except frost orb. But that’s it.