Preorder Bundle Bungle

Lets see… If we don’t complain about it, Blizzard rarely fixes it. Hell, we’re dealing with a decade old bug that RESURFACED in BFA for all pet classes and they still haven’t gotten around to fixing it. So raising our voices makes Blizzard aware of how much of a priority it is. It’s amazing how many people like you waste their time whining and complaining like spoiled little brats about other people complaining about a part of the game that ISN’T FUNCTIONING to the people IN CHARGE OF FIXING IT.

1 Like

Meh, it’s like 150 dollars worth of content for 80 bucks. I’m not getting it right away, but I’m sure it’ll be fixed within a few days.

what a load of rubbish.

pretty sure there are things MUCH higher on the list of “needs fixing asap”.
an illusion isn’t exactly game-breaking.

which bug is this?
…and how have you determined that it’s an old bug resurfacing, instead of a completely new bug?

your complaints don’t help.
at all.
not in the slightest bit.

…and i’m not sure how you’ve managed to come to the conclusion that i’m whining and complaining.

i’ve explained how bug reporting works.
i’ve explained that “IT’S BROKEN, FIX NAO!” isn’t helping to fix your issue.
i’ve requested that people give as much information as possible when submitting bug reports.
…and i’ve given you a nice little list of the tripe which people think is appropriate when attempting to report bugs.

so… let’s not pretend that i’m the one with issues.
If you’re not part of the solution, etc.

now now, let’s not be sensible!!

I’ve already explained how complaining DOES help get Blizzard to work on a problem AND how they ignore issues that aren’t complained about enough. Right here the only person whining about anything that isn’t actually doing anything effective is YOU.

More over, I am also helping to warn anyone that wants to buy this preorder and checks the forums that it’s bugged to hell. So now, if you reply again saying ‘stop complaining about your broken purchase’ I will report you for trolling. You’re adding nothing to the discussion save to whine about the discussion itself, where as I’m raising awareness to people who didn’t realize this was such a big issue for the preorder.

1 Like

and i’ve already explained that you’re wrong.
complaining doesn’t help fix bugs.
information does.

this doesn’t even make sense.
not sure what you’re trying to say.
explaining the reality of the situation, is helpful.
asking for people to provide specifics when reporting bugs, is helpful.
not sure how you’ve managed to conclude that i’m trolling.

no, you’re not raising awareness.
anyone who has ever purchased anything WoW related, is aware that bugs are just part of the territory.
People are already aware of this.
They don’t need you to tell them.
Some people are so weird, they’ve even taken the time to read through the terms they’ve agreed to, which explains that bugs happen.

don’t put words in my mouth.
if you want to abuse the flagging system, that’s your choice.

I mean… if you’d read the topic post at all, the Wraithchill problem is pretty clearly spelled out. You’re in the realm of malicious compliance right now, which absolutely makes you a troll. Either that, or you didn’t even bother reading the points OP made and are defending from a baseless position right now.

It’s also not usually the ONLY advice given when people are trying to ACTUALLY be helpful. Which, you’re not.

Also, that advice was given for a DIFFERENT problem, not the one that OP clearly stated in the topic. So the OP was totally justified in calling you out on it, imho.

It was still listed as a huge incentive for paying an extra $20 for Shadowlands, which means that it’s frustrating when it doesn’t work. Particularly when Bliz had every opportunity to make sure that it did function as intended before releasing the preorder.

Also because multiple different classes are experiencing the same bug and it’s so easy to recreate said bug. It’s not like it’s a 1 in a million player problem.

OP did:

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Did you read?

That’s not really the point? OP is pointing out that there are OTHER bugs that Bliz has let go for entire expansions. Like this one: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/hunter-dismount-pet-hp-bug/64420/3

And here’s another: Hunter Pet Health Bug

Oh hey, and another: I have reported this bug multiple times since BFA launch. Blues please read - #2 by Bonxie-dark-iron The OP even posted on this one, too.

Or are they not giving enough information for you?

Allow me to illuminate: You’re not offering anything constructive and you’re ignoring what the OP and other people have said about the bugs in question.

OP DID give specifics about the Wraithchill bug, and the HoA bug. They even checked and then admitted that the HoA bug had been fixed when someone else pointed it out:

I feel like that’s pretty good behavior for someone talking about or reporting bugs on the forum, yes?

THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I HAVE TO ENJOY THEM OR THAT THEY SHOULD BE GOING UNADDRESSED BY BLIZ. Liking their game doesn’t mean that I have to sit back passively through every problem or mistake the company makes. We are allowed to express our concerns and displeasure.

You’re trying to kill this topic, or are at least you’re derailling it from its original purpose, so you are absolutely trolling. Glancing at your forum activity, this is something that you enjoy doing on the regular, so I’m going to report you too. Eventually you’ll get enough flags that a moderater will look at you and hopefully curb your behavior. So far, you’ve offered no counters as to why you aren’t trolling except “no I’m not”.

This is always the part that bothers me the most. With so many employees, you’d think that Bliz could at least acknowledge the problem and let us know that they’re looking into it. I feel like it would go a long way to showing the players that they care and that bugs will be fixed eventually.

But, people are still buying the preorders, so I suppose it’s not a high priority for them to fix what’s broken until sales stop.

2 Likes

I’m not here to excuse the bugs. I’m just saying that this sort of thing is why I swore off preorders a while back. Maybe after the beta and the prepatch bugs are fixed, I’ll think about ordering Shadowlands.

Even worse, the reason they’re probably not acknowledging the issue at all is because it might cost them money. If they put anything out there saying their preorder had some glitches they were working out, the preorders would slow down. It’s an underhanded tactic and one that could have been avoided entirely if they just tested the illusion.

That’s entirely fair! This is my first experience getting a Blizz preorder honestly. It’s probably going to be my last because of it.

I wait a bit to be sure.

Like with any new thing, always going to be some kind of unintended consequence. Definitely planning to get Shadowlands.

That’s the rule I live by. The only times I ever preordered games was Legion and now Shadowlands because I had the funds from WoW tokens. Even then I only got the base order of Shadowlands.

I don’t know if I was even ever going to buy Shadowlands if I couldn’t get it for free.

you’ve been around long enough to know that it makes no difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

sadly, the people who think the “bug reports” of “iT’s bRokEn… fiX nAO!” with no additional information… are the same people who wait for stuff to go live, then complain “but we reported this in beta and it’s still broken!”

do you not understand, that it’s entirely possible that it was tested in-house, and the bugs only surfaced when it went live?

It’s quite astonishing that you’ve managed to convince yourself that bugs are an intentional and malicious act.

I’m pretty old school when it comes to this subject. I only put down the money on a complete game that I can then play right after I buy it. In my mind it saves a lot of headache.

The “underhanded tactic” they were referring to was not acknowledging bugs so sales might go without impact.

I don’t think anyone here has said or implied blizzard breaks or implements broken things for fun.

And yes, after observing your posts for a long while now, you do always come off sounding smugly superior as you tell people they must complain in a manner you’d normally see from a paid tester or offer near-useless advice along the lines of “reload ui”.

I would suggest not inadvertently riling people up who are already upset. If they’re complaining the wrong way, just let them. If it’s useless to blizzard I’m sure they can handle that. It’s not everyone’s job to write proper bug reports in full detail. Sometimes a simple “this is broken” without explanation but posted by a thousand people would, I’m sure, get them to think “maybe it’s worth investigating or asking about”.

1 Like

While I agree the state of the bundle bugs are unacceptable, even this early in game, I do stand on my theory that Blizzard simply did not expect the amount pre-orders its received.

I honestly didn’t expect to see that many. I actually am very surprised that I see daily through 6 different servers at LEAST 40-50 players with the mount. That is A LOT of pre-orders for a “failed” expansion that had everyone running for the hills and unsub.

If things don’t get fixed in the next 2 maintenance, then I would say we need to talk about refunds. However, bear in mind that bugs take time. Live servers always act differently than internal testing. It’s maddening as a coder, but it happens.

At best $65 given the 30 days of game time that come with it. So that’s the price of the average AAA game with a $5 microtransaction lmao.

1 Like

Just because someone pre-purchases the new expansion does not mean they’re whales. Let’s be blunt here, if you cannot afford to pay for the game, fine, that is understandable, if you do not want to buy it, fair enough, but for those who have the money and want to, it has nothing to do with you. You did not make there money for them and you cannot tell them how to spend it.

1 Like

do you understand that it’s entirely possible for something to be working flawlessly in-house, and only become buggy when it hits the live servers?

how is that underhanded?

if people want things fixed, they can expedite the process by providing as much information as possible.

How is it helpful to QA to have to sift through hundreds of posts of “it’s broken!” ??

nope.
not in the slightest.
especially when there are so many aspects of the game which people are convinced are “broken”, simply because they don’t like how it works.

Details. Information. those are the things which help.
If something is genuinely broken, why is it so hard for people to provide a few basic snippets of information? …especially if different characters are being impacted in different ways.

From what I understand, you can do both. Either grab the initial big chunk each day or grind until your eyes bleed and get it more quickly.

Internal testing differs compared to when something is put on the live server. Just the nature of the beast and as for the transmog quest stuff… well it’s Blizzard.

They are far away from the expansion but wanted to bank on the hype and shoved some stuff in.

Buyer beware. If there are issues, let them know. Billion dOLLAR company or not.

You can. From what most people have said, that works. I’ve only seen a few people say they don’t get a big chunk at the beginning of the day and neither that nor farming is working for them, and that can be an rng thing. (I farmed for since MoP for my Celestial Cloud Serpent, for instance XD, and only got it a month ago).

That said, there’s no indication in the quest itself that those are the options. Something like ‘here’s a device that lets you farm these echoes… but oh, mortal, be warned, it needs time to recharge. You can push it, if you desperately want to, but it’s best to let it work on it’s own time… maybe once a day.’

All it would have taken.

But even then, I feel like the quest is just… bad. Like, ignoring the bad rng and the lack of communication on what you need to do, it’s a quest for an admittedly awesome cosmetic set, with an interesting concept, and it’s just ‘farm this thing’. No interesting quest that has you go to various points in the game and find little secrets, no lore behind the set. Just ‘go kill some people’. It’s boring and lazy. I would have rather had a quest that took a week, but had some interesting writing behind it, then this boring thing.