Preorder Bundle Bungle

The boost you get is currently broken (some people can’t see it and everyone who can has their Heart currently capped 50 ilvls below where it should be), the illusion you get is currently broken (several classes have abilities that turn it off, requiring it to be reequipped to get the effect back on), and the quest is horrendously annoying to grind with no clear indication that you’re supposed to wait for that first big chunk every day rather then just grinding it. Oh, and ontop of all that, there hasn’t been any word about whether any of this is going to get fixed and given Blizzard’s track record it’s entirely possible that it won’t.

What are everyone else’s thoughts about how this company thought the best they could do with an 80 dollar pre-order was to release buggy content without thought or testing put into it?

3 Likes

Lol at preorder whales … those are my thoughts

18 Likes

Probably because it just came out. Give it a bit.

1 Like

It’s a billion dollar company with people whose entire purpose in that company is simply to communicate with the players on issues like this, and there hasn’t even been a word about it. We have confirmed issues that seem to be appearing for ANYONE BUYING THIS BUNDLE and they don’t seem to have any word about fixing it. They’ve also got a track record of not fixing issues in the past until enough people complain about it. And even then that’s not guaranteed. ‘Give it a bit’ for an 80 dollar purchase is not a great response and as a customer, you should not be giving a BILLION DOLLAR company that much leeway when they absolutely have not earned it. It’s not entitled to want a fully functioning product AFTER you’ve paid for it.

13 Likes

I think, given their track record as of late, I wouldn’t preorder the expansion when they’ve released virtually zero substantive information about it.

5 Likes

See, I would honestly agree. I didn’t buy the expansion for the expansion itself. (Actually, I didn’t buy it at all. A friend gifted it to me.) However, they got it for me because I did express interest…

In all the preorder bundle stuff… all the stuff that’s currently not functioning. (Thankfully the mount and pet work, at least for now.)

2 Likes

You can’t even use the primary part of that $80 purchase for probably around a year, so “give it a bit” seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to say when it’s only been released for a few days.

1 Like

Don’t preorder games.

14 Likes

$80 whale?

Bruh.

5 Likes

Preordering digital games that likely won’t even be completed at launch?

Bruh.

6 Likes

It is pretty stupid that the boost is having so many issues. It would have taken someone less than a minute to try it out and find the bugs with it.

1 Like

getting worked up over how other people use their money

Bruh.

14 Likes

Not surprised and used to it. I just shrug it off now.

I boosted my paladin and the neck piece is lvl 50 AP

Your neck piece is missing 50 ilvls, dude. It should be much higher then it is. I’m not talking the AP.

These aren’t small bugs. It’s kind of hard to believe that they wouldn’t be caught during testing. Makes you wonder if Bliz even did any testing.

And it certainly doesn’t bode well for the Shadowlands launch date. Will we be unable to play for a week, while they work out the kinks post-release?

3 Likes

Probably didn’t.

But it’s still funny to laugh at people who throw money at something for any reason whatsoever. Reminds me of those people who buy that one streamer’s bathwater.

I used my boost on a level 5 this morning and my neck is 50.

1 Like

My motto is “never be the first person to buy.” Just wait a little while (or two months) and they will smooth things out.

Where is all this info on the boost being bugged? Can’t say that I or anyone that know has had an issue