Premed is here to stay boys

Shadowlands drops in 2 months so prepatch is like 4 weeks away. There’s no way they’re going to give us a real talent to replace whatever premed is.

Honestly this just solidifies the bad feelings I have been getting from shadowlands.

9 Likes

There is a longshot chance of having Gouge unpruned for Sub and Assassination. The great unpruner is still taking in feedback. :thinking:

5 Likes

Most of the ‘talents’ are pure and utter garbage. But in it’s place we get more ‘borrowed power’ stuff. Seriously, can you make something even dumber than Echoing Reprimand? Door of Shadows, Soulshape? Yeah we need more teleporting in the game.

Sub getting the least subtle ability in Jumping Spinny Dagger Thing is what we have all been asking for. Still can’t disarm a trap, because no rogue type character ever, in any literature ever disarmed a trap. Still nothing on the Rogues Draught, but that’s to be expected at this point with Blizzerd.

Oh, but hey! We got weak poisons back for everyone but assassination and slice and dice. Yawn.

Pretty weak they keep the same talents for like 3 ‘expansions’ when almost every other game out there offers new things besides… “here’s a talent that you used to have, its passive and complete garbage, and you also won’t get to keep your Enema/Covenant/etc skills after this expansion, but be lucky we even remembered rogues”.

I have never been so underwhelmed for an expansion as I am for this one. I guess going in with zero expectations won’t be too bad because it can only (hopefully) be better. Tinkering around on Beta I find it feels like they did half a job and called it a day. Why even have forums if you don’t bother looking at any input from the people that play the game?

I guess we’ll see how it turns out, but I wouldn’t bet your beard on it.

4 Likes

I put the bar for systemlands very low and I expect them not to clear it. RIP. :pray:

3 Likes

Soyouresayingtheresachance.gif

2 Likes

Yeppers.

:clown_face:

Unprune Gouge for Sub and Assassination BlizZard. What are you waiting for? The stars to align? :thinking:

6 Likes

Where? On Twitter? I don’t see anything there

Yeah he does lurk there so that would be the best place. :+1:

I would be very hyped to get gouge back

5 Likes

I dunno. Most likely yes, but they literally just reworked some UH talents last update and a warrior covenant ability. would not surprise me to have something last minute

It’s unlikely that it’ll be replaced, but I’m still hopeful it’ll be changed to premed’s original functionality. Not that it should even be a talent, but it would be better than whatever they’re trying to accomplish now.

1 Like

Assuming they fix the bug with it overwriting a longer SnD, it won’t really be that bad for PvP since it’s basically macroing what one would usually do with it. That they went through the trouble of adding the conditionals (which will probably break somewhere else later) instead of just letting us press the button is almost comical though.

It’s like “buttons are too hard for new players, so here’s a tooltip they’ll need to read a page and half guide about on IcyWowChamp or something to know when to not use it like how the tooltip describes.”

Is DoA for PvE though unless they buff it to proc from Dance (which would probably require a ~20s icd, thus making it even more confusing than if they gave us the dang button lol).

2 Likes

Just give back old premed. 2cp generator while stealth or dance 15-20s cd

2 Likes

This premed is better. You want snd up, its saving you a global cd and giving you a 50% attack speed buff for 10 seconds or 2 x cp.

For a 15 talent row this is fine.

1 Like

No it isn’t. It only helps in the opener or getting a restealth. On top of that you have to shadow strike. So in PvP if the other team gets in combat and you have to triple cheap to set your team up it won’t proc.

On top of that it doesn’t work in dance like the old premed.

And as an extra bonus of being not as good it isn’t nearly versatile. Old premed could be used in the opener to get SnD up but also during dance it would be used to get you two extra combo points fast for a quick evis and slightly better burst windows. This new version is just super bland and one demensional. Tbh old premed should just be baseline and they should make a new talent.

3 Likes

So some of the most important times to have SnD up. Original Premed required Stealth, so tell me when Premed was good outside of the opener and a restealth.

It does. The buff can be consumed by Shadowstrike in Dance once you have gotten the buff from going into stealth.

That’s completely different as it has very little uses in mid to late game combat. You could pop dance and it would activate the ability to use premed just like any other stealth required abilities

Making it an active ability like it used to be allows for a lot more creativity.

Hey this post is super disingenuous

3 Likes

Depple often is tbh.

He’s allowed his opinions ofc but he’s very dismissive of other’s.

3 Likes

During dance.

3 Likes