Premades using something to kick players offline

Has anyone experienced similar?

i am leader in AV.

5 people pm me asking for assisst (obviously a premade)

i wait maybe a min, then respond to one and say no, im not giving assist to your premade.

about 5 seconds later, im dced from game. can not log back in for about 20 seconds. when i get back in game im not leader anymore.

have a good feeling premades are hacking the game to do this to anyone who wont give them leader.

has anyone experienced similar?

blizz needs to fix AV and stop these premade abuses.

20 Likes

because i wouldnt pass lead i deserved to have my account hacked? get out of here. what they did is bannable.

30 Likes

Sounds like you got right click reported en masse. Was your toon silenced?

no, plus that only flags you. you can always get out of afk now by entering combat they changed auto-kick a few patches ago.

you don’t get kicked when you get muted anymore

source: me, i got muted mid av

1 Like

You disconnected from the game, unrelated to anything in the BG.

6 Likes

Ah. I didn’t know they changed it. Idk then. Sounds hokey.

thats why im asking if anyone has experienced similar. yes, it could have been a legit disconnect, but i have a good feeling its not. and pretty big coincidence thats the only timed ive DCed from an AV, ever. theres ways in other games to disconnect someone. but i dont think the actual method is allowed (or should be allowed) to be talked about here.

7 Likes

Why wouldn’t you pass lead?
What an obnoxious thing to do.

14 Likes

sounds like something someone whos abusing premades and hacking disconnects would say.

20 Likes

if true, another reason blizz needs to adress the abuses of premades.

that would be considered an exploit of an in game bug, or abuse of the report feature, and against tos.

12 Likes

I have a “feeling” that some angels from Heaven DC’d you for being a jerk. I think this is what happened because I “feel” it.

10 Likes

Because it’s a game? Everyone has equal opportunity in this game - or should have it. The premade doesn’t own the BG instance, they accepted the queue after this guy did so none of them were auto-assigned raid leader. Maybe this guy thought it would be fun to run one.

If the premade absolutely has to have raid leader - THEY SHOULD TAKE THE QUEUE THE INSTANT IT POPS.

11 Likes

I’ve had lead taken from me, but never booted.

Being obnoxious does not warrant the abuse of automated systems in order to get what you want.

19 Likes

well i just got an email. yeah account was mass reported and now i have to appeal it.

so they were abusing the report feature. so basically your accounts in danger in any premade your in.

keep in mind i only replied to 1 pm. but he was part of premade so told everyone else in the discord to report.

if this isnt abuse of game mechanics i dunno what is.

34 Likes

Ideally, Blizzard will research - review in game text log, and give everyone who reported you a suspension - say two weeks. It would crash their ranking progress and word would spread like wildfire among the premade teams.

28 Likes

Which is it, lead or assist? Sounds like you’re just being hoity toity over nothing first off.

Second, if there’s some sort of function someone is able to forcibly dc you (not sure what) then you should report the occurrence. Blizz can figure that out.

2 Likes

does it matter if it was assist or leader?

thats not the point. you seem pretty defensive in any thread opposing exploits, pretty “hoity toity” in fact (to use your own saying)

i dont think a players account being actioned because of not doing what a premade says is something most would call being overly sensitive or brush off as “nothing at all”

at least i figured out what happened. yes, it was premade abuseing the report feature.

16 Likes

You sure? I was in a premade where everyone reported the r leader in av and he got d/c and when he came back he stopped talking. He was telling us no he not giving us assist and f off so we all reported him for saying f off.

2 Likes