Premades in random bgs (yes I’m going there again)

Good. That should be what premades face every game… another premade. Let the best premade win.

4 Likes

:wink:

Starting to sound like a broken record but the game does try to match premades with other premades.

The more premades that are queuing, the easier it is for the system to do that.

4 Likes

i q solo lmfao whatever you are on i want some :dracthyr_cry_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :skull:

1 Like

If it does, it’s not doing a very good job.

Consider a 30-person premade raid in epic bgs. If the system were matching premades, the other team should also have six 5-person premades. But that’s not happening.

3 Likes

Tbf sync queues are a whole nother beast. The system doesn’t see a 30 man raid, it sees six 5-person premades.

3 Likes

they have to do a lot of work to get that to work , i cant imagine how fun it is for them

Right. It sees six 5-person premades.

But it doesn’t put six 5-person premades on the other team.

1 Like

Right. Because either there aren’t six 5-person premades running on the other side, or they’re in another epic.

I think the moral of the story is that epics are scuffed.

1 Like

Only Blizzard knows.

I’m just pointing out a clear example where the system fails to match premades.

If Blizzard disabled the premade matching system to speed up queue times, we wouldn’t know.

3 Likes

Then thank you for proving that you guys don’t know .

2 Likes

True! I also don’t get why they don’t want to join an existing community. I see the alliance ones being open and welcoming. Not sure about horde community policies for invites.

1 Like

iirc from private server digging, Blizzards queue system doesn’t delve that deep when it comes to premade matching. It doesn’t try to match a 5 man with another 5 man, it just tries to match any premade, regardless of size, against another premade.

It doesn’t view the specifics or the size of premade.

1 Like

because they are tooo busy crying about premades that they think everyone from the same server is an auto premade .

i need someone to make a meme of that tbh :skull: :skull: :skull: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_crylaugh:

3 Likes

yeah but thats private servers not live servers so it could be different entirely giving them the benefit of the doubt or blizz just doesnt care .

Really? That doesn’t make much sense if it works that way. I think it should try to match a group vs. another group. No doubt easier said than done, but this is 2023…

1 Like

Could be, but if you compare it to other private servers, it’s all the same. Most private servers are lazy and don’t change much of Blizzards code.

There’s a few that change it up, and those that do are generally more successful.

:dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

well blizzard lately hasnt been making much sense lately either :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :skull:

How do private servers have access to Blizzard’s backend code?

Was there a leak?

I’m no expert, but basic data to run the game is all in the game files. I’m assuming its similar to how data miners get the info.

That, or it’s done through packet editing. Whenever you do something on WoW, client sends packets to Blizzard servers and they communicate back and we receive. I don’t know the specifics of this though.

1 Like