Premade random BG groups and sync queuing

It’s crystal clear. You just don’t agree.

10 Likes

It isn’t. Else I wouldn’t be here disagreeing. Think about that for a moment. You just want it to believe it is so. There’s a difference. Saying it is so does not make it so.

I will not be responding any further to bait posts such as yours. The purpose of the OP was to elicit a blue response on the matter. If you aren’t a blue, then I have nothing further to say to you. Bye :wave:

1 Like

Fishing for a blue response is explicitly against the forum code of conduct. I suppose you’ll argue that one, too.

9 Likes

that post was in relation to why they were breaking a particular addon.

…which seems totally unrelated to the issue you’re having.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t messing with people and being inflammatory count, too? Quite a few of those in this thread, not from OP or Trust though.

(Also most people sync-queueing ARE using a new addon)

Going to be frank: This forum isn’t going to get the result you want, regardless of whatever you want to think up to get an answer you’re hoping for. This forum isn’t going to play host to 'Well, they did this because I said so, so you must do something about it".

And if they’re using an add-on, Blizzard can break it, so it kind of a meaningless point to bring up.

3 Likes

You have no idea if they are using a addon or not. Not required for this to work. Done this a number of times and the 3 2 1 que on comms works pretty well

Bunch of times some end up in other bgs but most get into the same one.

2 Likes

I don’t know what other way any reasonable person could interpret vrak’s post.

8 Likes

The SFAs are in Texas. The Devs are in California.

The SFAs can help clear up information about CURRENT policy. Unless there is a post or interview from the Devs, they do not have access to why a policy is the way it is. They do not pass on information about any policy change that is being discussed or implemented UNTIL it is formally announced. A lot of the time they find out the same time players do.

The only way to “ban” groupings in Battlegrounds would be to ban the use of voice chat/phones/any other communication device.

If you have information on this, send an email to Hacks@Blizzard.com
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/116633

6 Likes

Just a word of advice, the customer support sub-forums is one of the most heavily moderated part of the forums, and it is encouraged here for players to help out with certain knowledge for other users who may or have a question. If you can’t accept the answer from other players, then that is on you. But keep in mind, any of the Customer Support Agents are not required to reply back if all you’re expecting them to do is reply back.

5 Likes

beep boops of sadface disapproval Be nice.

The current status is factual:

• While the mode is not made for organized groups, it is not against the rules to queue manually at the same time. This has been stated and quoted several times.
  • This has been going on for over a decade without Blizzard’s stance or policy changing on it. They won’t facilitate organized groups queuing, but they won’t stop what is currently happening.
  • That stance or policy COULD change, just like multiboxing did. However the place to make suggestions is the PvP forums somewhere or to use the in-game suggestion feature. People did that for long enough and MB policy changed.
  • The MB policy is now that it is allowed - but has to be done totally manually. That seems in line with the current pvp queue policy. It has to be done manually.
  • If there is an addon that is going around Blizzard’s intent please be sure to report that to the Hacks team as was already said. I seem to remember this having been dealt with in the past. That they broke an addon that was facilitating organized queuing for that mode when queuing has to be done manually.

I think you know all this. It is super frustrating though to be up against an organized group even if they did manually queue. I think everyone understands that. No reason to snark though.

Have some coffee, be sure to report any addons that are allowing organized queuing when Blizzard does not intend it, and consider how to constructively keep up with suggestions for change via the right pathways.

13 Likes

First of all, sorry for bumping this, but I need to clear some things up.

Moving on, the quoted post is not specifically about the addon, but the negative consequences of having a premade group(s) in random BG.

It’s obvious from what’s in there that queue syncing frowned upon and merely tolerated, since it degrades the experience of the solo PvPer, driving them out of the mode.

I’ll quote it here for clarity and exposition, as I did in the GD topic, because I can’t believe you all are being that dense over clear wording:

Daxxarri (Blizzard’s CM in 2012)

What is true that there’s been an increase in pre-made groups disrupting the PvP experience for other players, though. Pre-mades in the normal queue, however they are formed, are not something that we’ve ever been particularly fond of. It had become more of an issue of late, so we addressed it accordingly.

Regardless, what of the games that you played that weren’t against other pre-mades? Just hapless casualties to your fun, I suppose?

Based on your enthusiasm for “true Player vs Player” combat, I’m sure that you’ll find War Games and Rated Battlegrounds quite compelling.

You’ve made the assumption that all those things were accomplished expressly so that you could queue into battlegrounds as an organized group against disorganized opponents? That assumption is mistaken. If you want organized PvP against organized opponents, as you claim, that experience is readily available.

The amusing/troubling fact is that, until now, no one bothered responding to these quotes, which come directly from Blizzard’s CM after an action taken against the act, regardless of the means used to do it (oQueue at the time).

It’s really not, since the answers are contradictory, as seen above, and the point of the topic was to get an official updated response so yes, it’s “blue fishing”, since it’s something that direly needs a straight answer.

What we can do, as negatively affected players, is stop playing and hope it improves.
Awareness has already been raised, it’s up to the developers to do something or not.

Since I already know that CS is not the place for this, there is no need to further post on the matter.

1 Like

If there haven’t been a new post regarding a topic that the players wants answer to, it’d be save to assume the last answer given by a blue is the most up to date one. They’re not really into the habit of repeating themselves on a given matter.

And even if there was new info, it wouldn’t be coming from the CS forum as the CM folks will be the first ones to pass it along.

3 Likes

Yeah I now realize that, which is why I proposed to stop posting in post #11, and ended my previous post with exactly that.

But people keep bringing in wrong/misleading info, so I felt forced to come in and clarify.