Premade Queue Exploit

NGL, the tombstone emoji cracked me up :crazy_face:

2 Likes

but this is forum pvp :smirk: :wink:

1 Like

u think i wont make a lizard named sarkareth and barrage the forums with “delete augmentation” threads?

They just have zergling mentality. They actually view a 10v1 win as a personal accomplishment.

4 Likes

The pen is mightier than the premade.

21 DAYS LATER tbh i forgot what any of this was about

It matters not how one chooses to spend his or her time, but understand that not everyone affords hundreds of hours making thousands of posts on the forums. Correspondingly, it had been 21 days since I last logged in.

i agree ban these scums for eternity for their crimes against azeroth

This is the type of response Blizzard doesn’t listen to.

Not only are you calling for a ban to an ‘‘issue’’ Blizzard already stated isn’t a bannable offense - but you’re name calling a group of people, too.

It’s NOT a bannable offense.

It basically comes down to this.

Blizzard has publicly stated they don’t want premade raids in random bgs. They’ve explained it’s against the spirit of the game, against the spirit of fair play, and it drives players away from PvP.

Blizzard has programmed the game to not allow players to queue for random bgs as a raid group.

But, do any of those things matter to premade raiders? Do they care that Blizzard has told them not to do it? Do they care that they’re ruining PvP for others? Do they care that the game does not allow players to queue for random bgs as a raid group? Do they care that every time they mass drop queue pops during their attempts to circumvent the system yet another epic bg starts with one team half-empty?

In the end, premade raiders only care if bans are handed out or not.

2 Likes

Some people just don’t get the message until force is used.

That’s why law enforcement exists :+1:

Sometimes the :gorilla: brain is so firmly in control in some people the only thing they respond to is strength and a iron fist so sadly sometimes that’s what it has to come down to.

3 Likes

Agree with the fact that to change this, Blizz will have to drop the hammer a few times. Until that happens, nothing will change. I say that mostly because figuring out a way to stop it is not easy from the programming side of things, I certainly have been unable to see any easy solution and I’ve consideredc it a bit. It’s not an easy problem.

For instance, how does one determine if a group is premading? All comms are off Blizz systems, etc, so no logs. If one goes by just well these groups Q’d about tha same time, how many others get caught up? I wish the premade’s would just stop of their own will, but I agree that it will probably take the ironfist as Charming notes. And that means hammers dropping.

Enable cross-faction teams, add a hidden MMR, and add a stacking, account-wide deserter debuff when someone misses/drops their random bg queue pops.

Before, Blizzard was still trying to maintain separate factions in WoW. Now, they’ve removed the faction barrier from most of the game. Cross-faction teams would also help lower queue times and make it easier to balance roles, specs, premade parties, etc. on both teams.

A hidden MMR would help separate pugs from premade raiders. It would also improve matchmaking in general so teams are more fair.

The deserter debuff would slow down premade raiders as they attempt to circumvent the system. If it’s stacking, it won’t really hinder people who miss/drop queue pops occasionally.

You know, the account deserter debuff I agree with. There was a post about that at some recently and there were a number of players who did not agree with it, though.

I like having two factions. But, I also think at some point Blizz will remove the factions. So I think this will happen eventually.

Idk about an MMR, maybe?

Of these three, the account deserter debuff seems the easiest to implement. But, again, idk if Blizz considers this a priority. I’d make sure I submiited Feedback in game often, include these solutions. Maybe they will get the idea.

Edit: My solutions when thinking about were about directly making the Q sync harder. That is not easy, how does one determine who is syncing with who etc? These solutions may work. I wonder if Blizz has considered them? I bet they have talked about it internally.

I doubt it.

If they have, I bet they don’t have sufficient resources to properly implement these improvements for PvP.

I think this premade problem can be fixed without much difficulty.

Instead of using a simple first-come, first-served approach in matchmaking, slightly and randomly adjust a player or a group’s position in the queue. This increases the likelihood that members of a premade group won’t end up in the same battleground.

Next is penalize players who don’t accept the queue pop by adding a wait time to their future queues. The more queues you drop in the last 24 hours, the longer the wait time for your current queue. This wait time increase is also stochastic, and anyone with the wait time debuff can only solo queue battleground.

Occasionally, PUG players might miss a queue pop, but a wait time such as 2 minutes isn’t too bad for them, as long as they don’t drop the queue frequently enough to increase their wait time to 20 minutes or 1 hour.

In contrast, members of a premade group will have varying wait times, making it much harder for them to enter the same battleground.

I think you are correct Holycow about triage with re: resources. Many great ideas, limited time and resources, even in a billion dollar company.

At first I liked the Q time dithering idea Arianniel. But then I started thinking how would it be implemented. A random seed to ea solo/group Q? How long is that seed on average? How effective is it in the long run?

Like, for example, I have a Q already picking for heals and matching groups to groups if possible and all that and we add a 1 minute extra timer? A 5 minute extra timer to groups of what, 3, 5 people? It gets ugly real fast and for what? And, if the goal is to get people in a quickly as possible or the heavens start falling, and OMG the game is dying posts (again!)…yeah.

I do think the added penalty for Q declines is a good one. Make that account wide and, while there is some colateral damage, it would be the most effective and the easiest to implement. It’s a single rule that applies to everyone Q’in. Easy peasy. Except, maybe the number of accidental Q missers is much much higher than we guess and the colleteral damage is not as little as we guess. We don’t have the data, frankly.

At the end, I think the hammer rules. And even that is hard to use correctly with very little collateral.

I just watched a pre made vs premade fight and the side that was only about half of the raid being premade and the rest were pugs won. It was a very interesting fight seeing the people with the upper hand lose.

It can be done, state of mind thing. You got dis bro.

2 Likes

Was a fun match and showed how smart leads can overcome superior heals and deeps. TK did a really good job.

2 Likes

For those who missed this absolute glorious match and comeback of the summer, here’s a summary cut and paste:

We had about 20 and they completely flattened us at the hangar clash.

We adapted and did our best to defend glaives. They got cocky and sent everyone to docks to pretty much farm us.

I sent scouts to check hangar. They left two at hangar. Lol. Me and the stealthies went hangar. We killed those there, took it from them easily.

We fought for quite a long time at hangar and we held it long enough that our glaives were free shooting down their gate while they fought us at hangar.

They were still fighting us at hangar when we capped their base. By the time they went to attempt a turtle it was too late!

We completely out played them and it was fabulous!

Moral of the story is NEVER GIVE UP! :slight_smile:

1 Like