Premade dead horse - 1 week to go

Soon you will be able to Solo-Q. In 7 days, it will solve all your problems. Take a break, prepare your alts. Solo-Q is the way to go. Use it, abuse it. Let Blizzard know this is the way.

7 Likes

I just pray to god that there is a simple and reasonable Ilvl requirement for this otherwise it’s no different than a random BG where 2-3 people in timewarped gear hoping to get carried can ruin the entire experience for everyone on their team.

2 Likes

330 ilvl is the minimum. Everyone gets scaled to 4 ilvl below honor gear.

Honestly I don’t know what that means for other brackets of unranked BG and if this only applies to the Brawl.

Seems fine in theory although I still think having the base honor set is a fair minimum but lets just hope in practice we get a balanced experience.

But, I keep getting put into bad teams with people playing horrible specs that click their abilities while the other team has multi-season rank one glads playing meta specs!

2 Likes

slowly apply pillow on your face

It’s gonna be ok. People will always find a way to complain. Some will throw games because they have a prot paladin and the other team has a guardian druid.

I miss epic BGs being playable :frowning:

7 Likes

Hopefully in time the meta corrects itself and people realize Bear tanks aren’t the only tanks (they are). A lot of people will enter rated for the first time and might realize Marksmanship hunter isn’t as easy in rated content as it is in random BGs where you can 2 shot people in blue gear 100 ilvls below you. Hopefully matchmaking finds team balance and doesn’t just queue a random crayon box together but I agree, people will inevitably find something to complain about.

2 Likes

FYI because some people might not understand: what is being added on the 14th isn’t solo rated, but a solo unrated brawl. There won’t be rating until it’s added as an actual rated mode eventually.
Will still be better balanced than normal random battlegrounds though.

Epics need some work done on them though.

1 Like

My friend bob made a good point last night. This new solo q system will kill off rbgs and make them even more dead than they are now. So many of the rbg teams will have to swap over to premading random bgs to be able to get into games.

i dont think this new game mode is good for the game

1 Like

It already dead Impossible to get into a rbg group.

4 Likes

There will probably be rating (just like solo shuffle had in it’s test phase before going official). There just won’t be any of the typical rewards for that rating.

Thats what I find too, late season and almost impossible to get groups to climb rating.

I think solo-q will bring out players that didn’t do rbg. Overall a net positive.

3 Likes

Win or lose, I’m all for it. It’ll be nice to have a true solo option when I want to just unwind and play a few games.

It’s amazing to see just how many people out there don’t want you to enjoy it.

“You’ll still lose”
“You’ll still complain”
“You’ll still be bad”

I don’t want a solo queue option because I’ll have a stellar win rate. I want a solo queue option so I can play people on a more even playing field.

11 Likes

how would unorganised random players in solo Q be anything more than exactly what regular random bgs already are EXCEPT there being a penalty (minus rating?) if they afk out?
you don’t magically get better just because you’re not facing premade teams.

Best friend**

And ya, i sure hope people love this new game mode cause if you don’t…randoms won’t be your friend going forward

1 Like

Hopefully it does put a stake into these Epic BG pre-mades, cause MAN are they horribly unfun to play against.

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding me not to play mage.

Huh? Why would they do that?

If there are a bunch of RBG teams, won’t the RBG bracket still be alive?

2 Likes

Huh? Why would it

The difference is matchmaking, team composition. There will be a floor ilvl of 472 for everyone. Eventually rating attached so that you should find matches at your skill level.

It won’t. The only way it affects EPIC BG, is if there is a Solo-Q Rated for Epic BG.