Premade battlegrounds

I don’t think I’d go this way with EPIC BGs. I can see that there are people who would enjoy large organized pvp with a team that follows instructions and calls and such a system would completely ruin that.

I say let them queue as full raid premades in a separate queue system, but force them to fight other raid preforms. Cross faction it so matches will pop even if there aren’t that many premades. My guess is that there are communities that would form around this in order to be known as the “best” epic BG premade where some other communities that do just want to avoid any real threat of competition would fall apart.

Perhaps what you described could be used for the “non-raid” epic BG queue in order to split up the q-syncers who would still try to avoid the raid vs. raid queues in order to avoid competition.

This would be a good solution. The problem: does the population exist anymore to support this? Blizzard has let this nonsense go on for far too long.

1 Like

There isn’t the population to support this anymore. The reason the premades are up against pugs a lot, is that there aren’t lots of players queuing at once. If there were more players, queue syncing wouldn’t be a thing. The system already tries to place premades against premades.

The current system has no way to place q-syncers vs q-syncers, that is why they can’t police this problem. They have no way of knowing when a team is a q-sync team, so it is not matching epic BG premades to epic BG premades. It’s pure luck when they face each other.

3 Likes

Yup. It’s also rare that they get all the community groups into the same instance. Sometimes groups that queued at the same time, will get a pop for different instances. I’ve seen some posters here suggest that they drop queues to get better luck. I haven’t seen that, I can’t confirm.

If there were more players online at any one time, this wouldn’t be an issue, we wouldn’t be discussing it at all.

1 Like

They can bypass this issue by not taking queues that don’t all pop at the same and by specific queueing for a specific map to lower the probability of getting split up.

1 Like

i mean since wod the classes have been destroyed, the writing has gone to :poop: and all the old unobtainable rewards you once held pride in will soon be sold for $$ to everyone who can pay. there’s a reason people are quitting and its this cater to the casual mindset.

The games that I’ve played with SaS, there was no dropping queues, we take any queue which pops, come what may.

maybe you should not have helped kill the game then… but honestly stop making up stuff you want an easy free win that is all

1 Like

I love when I give a strat, the puggies don’t execute it, then blame my strat for not working.

1 Like

Most puggies will stand around at WS flag while a demo is firing on it from hangar and thinking they are doing a great job defending mid…why on earth should they go kill glaives!!! They are fiercely defending a node that doesn’t need more defense.

1 Like

I’m a solo player, who occasionally plays with SaS, on one of my many, many toons. I got tired of having to play cat herding simulator. So instead of leaving the game, or coming to the forums to complain, I joined up, saw what they were doing. Discovered that not all players are cats.

I want a good game. It often isn’t easy. It certainly isn’t fast. The cats make it a win.

Honestly, I kind of have fun opposing them too. The last stand on the bridge in AV. Healing Tremblade. Had lots of fun, even in a losing game. Admittedly, probably at the expense of my Alliance teams, their games took longer because of me.

1 Like
3 Likes

OMG, I love Babylon 5.

3 Likes

stop lying if you truly wanted a good game you wouldn’t say that sync queue is fair…

1 Like

Of course it’s fair. You can do it. Anyone can do it. It isn’t cheating. You don’t have to download anything to make it work. You don’t have to modify the game in anyway.

My community doesn’t want to play with just one group in. They all want to play together. So if only one group pops, we requeue. I tried a system of after three pops we go in no matter what, the community hated it. Best solution is to let us queue a raid, have us face other premades, and fill the rest with pugs who get increased reward conquest for filling in.

1 Like

interesting thing how time is treating it, despite its age and low production quality, its holding up as probably the greatest scifi show ever made for tv.

No it’s not fair and you have to sync queue avoiding the 5-man group limit to get a raid group in… therefore exploiting therefore cheating… this isn’t complicated bud

1 Like

Of course it is. It’s an advantage. But not an insurmountable one. They aren’t cheating, they are following the rules. In fact the game enforces the rules.

Are they doing something that you cannot do? Or just something that you choose not to do?

I haven’t seen it myself, so I couldn’t confirm, maybe I’m on too late and people already just want to go.