Premade battlegrounds

Blizz please do something about Premade Battle Grounds! I’ve been a victim to 5 in a row. Its no fun for those who cant get in a group. Plus, most premades are only doing to troll, they dont even need the honor. Please fix this!

15 Likes

lol victim

3 Likes

Who needs honor these days? Just do some battlegrounds while leveling. Full blue gear 5 minutes after hitting 70.

3 Likes

Premade BG in Epic BG’s and bg’s. I have played horde as an Ally NE mercenary for the past two weekends. Love the horde even last night out of 15 games we lost one. 14 epic BG’s in a row were won.

In all those games none of the horde teams were premade not one single premade.

On alliance when I am being generous I’ll play a few games with them and almost every run some idiot is saying I recognize a few of them they are a premade.

I’ve been over there play with the horde, there are no premades running every other game as you might think.

Horde follow directions and not all the time and we are handed our butts when we mess up.

Alliance are to busy talking about how we are going to lose the game before the game even starts.

See the difference yet…… there just aren’t enough premades in non-rated BG’s epic or regular. There’s nothing to fix.

4 Likes

Eventually these premades will have no solo players to destroy because we all will get fed up and stop doing bgs. Its a self destructing system.

11 Likes

There are a LOT of ally premades these days as we are about at critical mass for people getting fed up and joining in (or quitting).

I get people want to play with friends but if blizz doesn’t come up with a way to make it reasonable for the avg queuer, there will be no one left. PvP can’t survive on the backs of a couple dozen moon guard and tich premaders.

7 Likes

Just look at what happened in lower level bgs. People get tired of being fodder and getting roflstomped. Eventually, premaders will look around and wonder what happened to all the levelers/pugs they used to farm.

2 Likes

the only thing stopping you from getting your own group is you.

2 Likes

-or-

everyone will join a community to join in the fun!

resistance is futile you will be assimilated

Random bgs are supposed to be fun for casual players and most of them are solo pugs.

If random bgs become polarized where it’s join premades or get roflstomped by them, many pugs will just stop PvPing.

That’s not good for the growth or health of the PvP community. Not that premade raiders care about that.

9 Likes

many players are unable to have fun unless they are winning, in pvp someone always loses. that is the problem with this argument, you can’t guarantee any level of fun in pvp, you can even be winning an not having fun, many players have been there you are just out of sync with your team and not having a good time even though you are stomping.

this assumption that the game should be catered to solo casuals is wrong, and i think harmful to the pvp community. what separates gamers and pvpers from casuals is overcoming challenges and adversity, not crying until the game is changed to make you feel happy; we need more of the former and less of the latter because the latter will never find their happiness via their current means, there is always something new to cry about over the next hill.

1 Like

Are you sure you know who all the regulars are that premade and you also recognize their alts? If you are suggesting there aren’t a lot of epic premades you are wrong about that.

I Played two epics yesterday and both games were pug vs premade. Everyday you will see epic premades and 90% of the time they are fighting pugs.

2 Likes

The realm is irrelevant.

3 Likes

You have no idea how many solo casuals there are vs habitual premaders though - it could be 90% solo and 10% premader.

Gamers and PVPers vs casuals? There are rated ladders specifically for gamers and PVPers - that’s where premade groups belong.

It’s not 2008 anymore; the gap from bad to good and good to great is absolutely massive now and the tools available (addons, WAs, disc/comms, communities) make the advantages possible extreme. It’s entirely reasonable to ask for a change if you’re no longer having fun and up to blizz to use data sets (like retention rates, queue rates, win rates, % premade, etc) to see if a change is warranted.

Plus let’s be honest, the only people against a solo random BG queue are so because of the fear of losing their e-bully therapy sessions on hapless strangers and being banished into massive queue times because they’d have to only face other premades for once instead of 350k HP dads and 10 yr olds just trying out PvP.

5 Likes

No one has ever suggested the game should be catered to solo players. What is being suggested is that premade groups fight premade groups every time.

Of course if that was actually implemented the premade groups would die because they would be forced into fair competition and their win rates would plummet.

7 Likes

Why do you keep saying this not one single person has ever said that you just want an excuse for your exploiting…

2 Likes

I’m hearing that there’s lots of drama going on in ally communities right now. I haven’t asked about it though. But ally players are fed up with it. It’s good for horde though. :smiley:

3 Likes

how much of this is a result of the game allowing people to play solo though? need i remind you that wow was in fact more popular when it had basically a requirement to join a guild and meet people in order to play the game. and from a numbers perspective, there were fewer online gamers in 2005-2008 than there are today and wow was culturally more popular. when you consider the peak wow population compared to the pool of online gamers then vs today, the game was far more popular when it was social.

not only do i think the game would be more popular with more community and raid based activities, but i think it would even grow, look at how popular classic was before they started making changes and adding the shop.

the vast majority of long time players agree that the introduction of LFG and LFR and the catering to the solo random player was the downturning point for wow and the game lost its charm and wonder.

there is no rated epics mode, additionally rated doesn’t allow consumable usage. situations where a grenade or juicy fruit would change the tide don’t happen in rated, its not true pvp as it is limited in depth of mastery. its not that i am afraid of rated, its that i don’t like losing arbitrarily because of a ruleset that only exists because you are too lazy to grind out your professions and consumables.

edit, i would go so far as to say the artificial skill ceiling in rated makes it more fair, if you want a fair game mode, go play rated.

they don’t change the rules of chess to accommodate someone because they were only born yesterday.

that methodology for changing the game is terrible, you can’t spreadsheet fun by committee.

if the 10 year old is new to pvp, he is going to be sub H30 and will be in the kiddie bracket so to speak, if the dad is experienced and H30+, then he is taking his kid into the adult league and should expect people to play as they do and not cater to you. in fact teaching your kid the lesson that the world will not cater to them and they need to adapt would be a good reason to do exactly that.

There is this stuff YOU JUST DON’T PLAY IT

1 Like