Prediction: In 9.0 High Elves Leave the Alliance (Again!)

Also I am a bit amazed at this post .high elves no longer exist in wow lore

I expected a better post from you goblin like goblins abondoning Azeroth and taking all of the gold earned from auction house to mars instead

Hopefully what few High Elves remain leave the Alliance, then trip and fall into a shallow grave

2 Likes

There are more high elves left on Azeroth than there are Mag’har that escaped onto Azeroth :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Stick to the Megathread please.

High elf Megathread- Use it.

That one has no drama and fun at all.giggles

The Alliance are ok with void elves for the same reason the Horde is ok with Sylvanas. That female blood elf model - makes smart men follow evil women.

Granted I haven’t done the chain to unlock the void elves but they make little sense to me. Especially since their leader is Turalyon’s honey.

Something will definitely happen to the Sunwell during a Silvermoon Warfront. The Silver Covenant forces taking part will end up void corrupted themselves, allowing the Void Elves to grow their ranks.

This incident will also firmly convince the Blood Elves that the Void Elves are a serious threat, and by extension the Alliance. This will put to rest any thoughts of leaving the Horde, despite what Sylvanas has been up to.

Void elves make no sense. Don’t try to find any.

3 Likes

I always try to give the benefit of the doubt if I haven’t done the related conent, but on the surface it is “ok, wait, what?”.

1 Like

That’s exactly the point: “wait, what?”

In essence, Alleria studied the void for centuries, learning to master it. The story is okay-ish until that point. Then it goes downhill.

By coincidence, Alleria finds a group of elves no one ever heard of before that are also studying the Void in a rock in space. An ethereal comes out of nowhere and springs a trap. The elves are transformed.

And then, despite not existing any canon source explaining it, this tiny group of mages and warlocks suddenly have whole squads of rangers, warriors, rogues (and supposedly monks, thought there’s not a single velf monk NPC anywhere). Aparently, the Void is so attractive that blood elves are faction-changing in droves to become pale-skinned aberrations. But that’s a guess, since nothing was explained anywhere.

Void elves are a playable race just because the devs willed them into existance. The lore to support it was made up on the spot and never fleshed out in any way.

2 Likes

Wow, it is worse than my assumption from a far. Thank you for the insight.

1 Like

The the blood elves die. Fine by me.

The whole game is races willed into existence by the devs…

Almost all of them had some effort to be fleshed out in lore before becoming playable, thought. There’s one glaring exception.

Void elves didn’t even had their own reputation as a requirement to be unlocked. How low is that effort?

Pretty low tbh. We never saw them until Alleria but at this point I don’t mind them

1 Like

I do mind, because they took the place of something I cared a lot about. The least Blizzard should have done was to flesh them out properly. It’s been a year since their introduction and we don’t even have the most basic answers about them as a race. Heck, they don’t even feel like a race.

You wanted the broken? Those are def more fleshed out.

They put void elves for the high elf complainers though :confused:

Maybe one day we will get the broken tho

That is true, yeah. They should flesh out the velves at this point

Well Void Elves are here now, can’t do anything about that. Except to develop their story more, and I think the best way of doing that is for Blizzard to continue what they are doing now and take it even further by fully phasing out the High Elves for Void Elves.

They are so far Good Compromises, I did a bit of their story as I mentioned before but Blizz surprisingly didn’t make them Evil and maybe a bit more noble from what I can tell for a reason, because they were there to take over.

Fair Point, but their leader does mention bringing silvermoon back for the Alliance and I doubt they will do that peacefully, could also be a good time to make Alliance actually do something a bit more darker like they have always been asking for.

That’s 5 more Pandaren on the Frontlines (listen to some of the World Quest Dialogue) than there are High Elves, I’m not seeing any High Elves Actively Fighting for the Alliance since BFA started.

the Alliance Pandaren leader even bothered going to war planning area

Poor Silver-Covenant, it’s not like Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Silvermoon, etc. lost plenty in those two wars neither.

Those aren’t Races lol

True, but there is also a war story, and for the war story nearly every Alliance race has at least sent a named commander or a representative to lead alliance troops, or help in any way significant to the story.

Wildhammer Dwarves despite not being playable even bothered sending one named representative who took part in most of the patch 8.0 war story.

Mecatork literally fights on dazar’alor, and you also help Gallywix hunt down the Gnome leader.

and getting bombed and handing out quests? that’s a description fit for a messenger, not a fighter. I doubt the High Elves even want anything to do with the war after legion and are just sticking around because of old promises thus why they still put up Shields, and send out messages for quests, watch as not a single one of those shield mages take part in the actual fighting, stormwind even had to replace the iconic wc3 high elven priests for human ones.

Key word here, no plans in the near term means there are no plans to include them whatsoever! they are just trying to be nice. They know you guys want it but it just can’t happen.

Give me a named one, give me a High Elf Dominant camp somewhere, give me a commander or an army who showed up since the war started, these were things that were present in Legion, WOTLK, MOP etc. places where high elves were relevant, but ever since Void Elves Became a thing. I haven’t seen a single one on the map.