Predicting Outcomes Before the Gates Open

It’s never been easier. Great job!

28 Likes

Agree but he’s one of the few that always runs with a full group of overgeared players so that outcome would be expected even if alliance had better gear that game

Itd have been like 1500 to 400 instead

1 Like

Oooophf, only 2 Alliance even visible on the BG charts at the end :joy:

1 Like

You are talking about the monk? I have no idea of the player’s history, but even he didn’t seem happy about the game.

So, what is the point of random bgs? Who is this content even targeted for? People who pay-to-win their gear and play randoms because they aren’t good enough at rated?

I doubt any good highly rated player gains much enjoyment from stomping random BGs, but there are some, ofc.

10 Likes

Casual BGs are like “the LFR” of PvP, it’s just a place to mess around :man_shrugging:

As a side-note; you should go merc mode and video-record a few Alliance epic BGs, if you really want some good “material” to talk about :smiley:

Yeah that monk and the other healer

And correct, bgs have been crap and unfun since the second month of SL

5 Likes

It should be a place to mess around and have fun. Or at least, to learn and maybe get geared enough to make a difference (not happening with honor gear). I can’t see the fun in getting one shot by more geared players.

I mean, that is what I do on my DH. I look at the enemy health. If I see someone in the mid20Ks, I track them down and oneshot them with Hunt. Repeatedly.

Why would I use the Hunt on a 50K player when I get free kills off of a 25K health player?

4 Likes
  1. get mercenary buff in Oribos or Dalaran sewer
  2. mouse over “Random Epic Battlegrounds”
  3. click “Join Battle” button

Would love to see a “commentary” video from one of those matches, for the giggles :yum: :popcorn:

I’ve been in plenty of horde losses in epic bgs. I mean, all random BGs aren’t like the one in the video. I had a 6v6 SSM where the alliance had a 50K healer and the horde had a 22K health holy paladin. Guess who won. Guess if it was close.

There are still fun matches (or I still wouldn’t be here). There are just too many bad ones you have to sit through after waiting in queue in order to get to the good ones.

Realistically the 20k player is zero threat unless it’s an objective-oriented class like feral or rogue. So it’s kind of a waste of globals and DPS to use it on them. Nuke the 50k player that is hurting your own team :+1:

4 Likes

It’s not about removing threats, it’s about feeling good about yourself and trying to get people to rage quit, amirite?

The low health player is the only person I can reliably remove as a solo queue player. The Hunt won’t kill the 50K player. If I was on comms with other players, it would be different. But, otherwise, I’m going to be looking to remove the 25K health resto druid from every fight I see them in.

Rated != Solo queue random, basically.

I 100% agree with what you said for rated BGs.

4 Likes

So you win by getting players to quit the game?

2 Likes

I enjoyed the end of the video where despite the win that druid put “lame” in the chat. That’s exactly how I feel. Stomps are fun every now and then but nothing in PvP should be predictable.

Most interesting to me is that Blizzard is aware this is a problem. When they did “BG Testing” on the PTR, there was a scaling aura in all instanced PvP combat. What makes this worse is that the technology already exists to help make this problem better.

They could use this to bring up the lowest people to a more competitive level. They probably won’t.

9 Likes

Yeah, they literally “tested” content that doesn’t actually exist in the game. What a joke, but not a funny one.

5 Likes

That’s how many BGs are won. That’s the Blizzard way. Are you new?

2 Likes

I’ve played Franq and his crew(s), it’s good fun.

These alliance were just the typical ungeared, “damage doesn’t matter” kinda group who tries to educate everyone before the bg starts while they’re sitting on a 30% win rate

3 Likes

I always go thru the HP of each team and whoever is geared the best wins every BG…
Its not even close when the gear gap is there.
Bad pvp gearing is bad pvp gearing.

13 Likes

Just scale up low geared players or alts. Easy fix.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

4 Likes

Duno if I qualify as highly rated anymore, but I concur with this. There’s really no point in me queuing random BGs on a regular basis on my Hpal. I got my Hunter up to 38k HP doing keys this week, it makes them a little more fun to be doing something different–even though he only has 6% vers. Lol

Blizz kinda screwed themselves over by putting in gear ranks for honor gear. Having pvp gear ranks conflicts with a scaling aura since it would make spending honor to upgrade the pieces a waste of honor. Maybe a change they can add in 9.1.5 or 9.2 but probably not for months. Hopefully there are still enough players left doing random bgs by the time it gets fixed =b