Precognition as baseline 10.1, good or bad?

The only caster that deserves access to precog is affliction.

1 Like

That’s just not the truth at all though

Agree with the exception that everybody should get it into rogue teams

1 Like

It is an outplay, then the next couple of interactions after that if you got juked is you should be a little more defensive.

Not waiting to use one of your 5 micro CC’s to stop the next cast.

1 Like

It’s really not
There are tons of times where juking is a mistake whether or not the enemy wastes kick into it. Rewarding someone for blocking a free throw is ridiculous, even if one of the opposition is dumb enough to try to screen you

1 Like

I think you design the gameplay around the rule not the exception.

I’m not seeing how this connects to my point, sorry. What do you mean

Explain how you get juked by “mistake”

1 Like

That’s the opposite of what I said
If my reaction to a huge opener is to park and cast clone while the enemy posts up and begins their setup gcds for huge burst, and I’m not playing precog, it’s a huge misplay even if I get the juke. I get stunned and all 3 enemies get to blast me for free in a situation I easily could have avoided by positioning, using instants to delay their go, or just setting up my own damage to better trade.

1 Like

He said juking can be mistake. Like maybe you cast starfire letting it get kicked to cast a heal/clone, or you have fast clone and just send it, or you cast clone when you don’t need to so you can get a kick out of the way and send it a few seconds later when you really wanted it.

edit: nm maybe im misunderstanding the convo disregard

The general idea is that if you outplay someone and juke their kick, they shouldn’t have have the safe back up options of using 1 of their 5 other micro cc’s to stop that same cast.

1 Like

okay. but what about when you juke someone’s kick without outplaying them?

Elaborate please.

Juking kicks should be rewarded but so should kicking successfully. If everyone gets precog and all interrupts are becoming shorter, everyone should also get rude interruption (successful interrupts increase your damage/healing)

it’s the type of situation i tried to describe with my own kit here

tldr to put it another way: yes, to play a perfect game someone has to never fall for a juke. you’re right that there’s no good reason to miss a kick. but in a world without precog, i’m saying that the math makes it a greater misplay to be standing still trying to cast, some of the time, and that if you juke a kick while doing that, you’re still not in a situation where you can take advantage of that juke, and you’ve given up positioning, time, and probably health to get it.

actual tldr: it’s common at most ratings below the tiptop for “trying to cast at a bad time” to be a greater misplay than “getting kick juked”

Can you give me an actual actual TLDR, not trolling but your points are a bit confusing.

yeah sorry lol all i’m trying to say is that if you juke a kick then someone did misplay, but if you did it by letting yourself get stuck in a bad situation you misplayed more. it cancels the bad kick out and then some

Letting your self get stuck so you juked a kick to get pre-cog? This sound like some serious mental gymnastics you are doing here.

Either way I stand by my statement.

im not a caster but i think its somewhat good. because it forces melee players to get better at kicks.

Nah, i see people do this ALL the time. Hell, i even do it.

With how high damage is, if you see your healer in CC and the other team coming at you, a lot of people (especially lower rated ones) will try to cast cc or damage to scare off or prevent the enemy team from connecting and often times spam fakes to try and proc precog to get a cast off.

More often than not its better to just run away and go behind a pillar.

It’s a huge buff to casters and healers, lets see if melees are gonna get anything this impactful since they’re removing the 5% dr embelishment and they have nothing to replace it for melees.