Pre-patch Questions & Remedies

Let me know if I missed anything or got something wrong:

WHAT WE LOSE

1. Pre-patch will remove corruption, which means less player power
  2. AOTC and Horrific Vision achievements will no longer be available
  3. Drop rate for Jaina mount will be nerfed
  4. BFA content won’t be nerfed, so it will be harder to do old content (get 100-130 item level gear for new toons)
  5. M+ season 4 will end and keystones will no longer be available, but mythic 0 runs will still be possible?
  6. Arena season will also end, so there will just be battlegrounds to do?

WHAT WE GAIN

1. Scourge invasion will be added, but will only last one week, leaving weeks or even a month without anything new before shadowlands. Please correct me if I’m wrong here.
  2. There won’t be any new 50+ content added during pre-patch, just new leveling method
  3. Rep requirement for legion allied races will be removed.
  4. New level cap is 50, so no xp beyond that.

It looks like we’re gonna have nothing at all to do but level our new allied race toons after the scourge invasion, if we elect to do it, since it only gives item level 100 (445) gear.

If this is all accurate, why not just delay the pre-patch? We will be able to continue to gear and work on achievements. It’s kind of like we graduated high school but still have to show up for school each morning.

SUGGESTIONS FOR PRE-PATCH PERIOD

1. Extend the Impressive Influence (100% increased Legions and BFA rep gain) Buff through pre-patch and include ALL REPS
  2. Suspend equipment repair costs
  3. Suspend transmog and beauty shop costs
  4. Discount costs for learning skills by 50%, to include profession recipes and riding/flying skills
  5. Make all time-walking dungeons available for those at or higher than content
  6. Make all time-walking vendors available, with 50% discount for heirloom gear
  7. Add 115 (460) - 130 (475) item loot world drops during the scourge event
  8. Add 2 hour 50% movement speed buff in quest areas by talking to an NPC in that zone
  9. Allow players to summon via meeting stones solo
  10. Offer brutosaur for 1 copper
  11. Add temporary 2-person mount for free
  12. Reduce cooldown of hearthstones by 50%
1 Like

From what I understood, the invasion event will not be going live on the 13th… it is to be delayed until a new launch date is determined for SL…

It gives us all time to adjust to the new changes… and with how big of a change the level squish alone is… it gives plenty of time to report and iron out the kinks with it before SL launches…

2 Likes

The new leveling system is a huge gain.

1 Like

It’s 2 weeks before the launch.

2 Likes

Was this ever confirmed somewhere?
If so I would like to see to make sure.

The drop rate for the mythic mounts is always dropped to 2% at the pre-patch.

1 Like

Keystones will still work and the modifier between them will be significantly reduced.

That contradicts with what some people are saying in this thread below so I’m still not sure.

Classes and the content itself will be balanced around not having corruption, so “losing” corruption can be a gain or a loss depending on if you enjoy it (I don’t).

“Both mounts drop from Mythic [Lady Jaina Proudmoore]and Mythic [N’Zoth the Corrupter], respectively, with 100% chance currently. Once Shadowlands launch they will still be obtainable, but their drop rate will drop to around 1%, similar to what happened with other guaranteed boss mount drops in previous expansions.”

Says “launch” so maybe thats the case then. Guess I remembered incorrectly.

You forgot raw gold gains are being nerfed

1 Like

Under the section, “Difficulty increases with the launch.” Is where you can find their official word.

1 Like

The new leveling system is great… I can’t wait for the changes.

2 Likes

So is the level squish happening? How will the old raids work?

Yes on the 13th. Legacy raids will scale down. I’ve tried a few at 50 on the PTR from Wrath, Cata and MoP with very few problems. The only real problems I’ve heard is that Legion raids are still overtuned.

1 Like

This right here. We’re not getting the prelaunch event with the prepatch.

The reputation buff has been extend through October.

1 Like

Good news. Now they just need to tweak the Legion ones a bit and I see now problem.

I’ll probably split time between live and beta.

1 Like

You got a delay in sl quit asking for more. E need the pre patch so things change

I’m doing the same thing. Also if you have trouble posting in the Beta forums like I did at first just log out and back in.

1 Like

Ah ok. ty for the heads up.

1 Like