Pre-Patch Event Kill Quests

I’m sorry, you consider doing the event 3 times across 50 characters to be less of a grind than doing the event 3 times a day on one character, on a reduced cycle timeframe that allows you to still get completion if you miss the first run of the boss?

That’s not making any sense. Would you care to elaborate?

3 Likes

Thanks, appreciate the response.

“Instead of getting 4.5k over a period of 4.5hrs, you now get 9k over a period of 3k hours. That’s not including the significantly increased event and boss memory credits.”

Yes, if you choose to grind on one character. Not if you were doing the weekly across all characters. Also, I was getting far more drops than I do now. So things did not improve. They became more grinding for the people who wanted to do nothing more than grind mobs for memories. I have better things to do with my time than mindlessly grind mobs.

“Grats. It changed.”

The change was not for the better. On drops alone, I completely outfitted almost 7 of 20 characters without having to spend on memory on armor. That is not happening now with the changes. Now I am forced to grind more to do the same.

“The event’s better for people who have something to do other than sit on the game throughout the entire day afking portal events.”

If I am in the game. I am never just sitting somewhere afking. I am doing leveling, transmog, and mount runs, finishing up achievements I did not finish throughout the expansion. I am always doing something that is far more constructive than endlessly grinding mobs. That is boring! It is no better than the people who sit in the city hub and complain about Blizzard or give their endless opinions on social and political matters, or worse hover overhead on their mount and do nothing at all.

So don’t. The changes were an improvement for most of the playerbase. Sorry that you’re not rewarded for cycling 50 characters through the event. Maybe just treat it like a prepatch event and chill?

Do it or don’t.

In two hours?

Accepting this was not something that the majority of the playbase wanted. This was the whiny part of the player base and streamers who got their way. That is all that took place here. As for doing the event. I chose to stop doing it. It was better in its previous state. It just needed a few tweaks to satisfy the whining part of the player base and streamers.

Source please.

Would be hilarious if that is the formula they went with from here on out not just a pre patch event lol. Do dailies on one character per account :popcorn:

I used the group finder to find groups. It was working as intended. I still got far more boss drops than I did before the changes. Which made it so I did not need to spend as many memories. You think things improved. They did not. You now have to grind more to achieve the same thing I was getting without all the unnecessary grinding. Use the tools the game gives you to use. This is not rocket science stuff. You have to grind. I did not have to grind. That is the difference here.

So say you. The general response to the changes seems to run counter to what you’re saying here, though. The event is more accessible for everyone involved.

You only have a vocal minority in this thread trying to make a point that things improved. That in and of itself speaks for itself.

So, here’s the real question:

Were you doing more than 6 events a day? If you were, that makes you a bit of an outlier. Blizzard isn’t going to try to balance this event so that you feel great about burning 9+ hours a day on it, they’re balancing it so that people can get on, do a couple of the events, and not feel incentivized to stay on the game that long.

1 Like

Ok. 5k across 50 characters is 250k. 50 characters at 1 character per boss and 1 boss per 1.5 hours is 75 hours. 250k over 75 hours is 3.3k per hour, or 6.6k every 2 hours. That’s a lot less than 30k over 2 hours.

Congrats, you’re dumb, a liar, or a multiboxer. Pick one.

1 Like

The event is more accessible for the grinder. Not so for the people who hate the grind. The changes did not improve the event. They just changed to fit the grinder who chose to complain about having to do more than they wanted to do. The bottom line, I was getting far more loot than I did after the changes. I did not need to spend memories on armor like I would have to grind now to achieve the same end goal. Now, one has to grind more to get memories to overcome the fewer drops from bosses. The whiners did not win here. They just got what they wanted. That in and of itself did nothing to improve the event that was already handled poorly from the beginning.

1 Like

Why did you need a group?

It was intended for people to log off the game for an hour-ish?

Except the increase in currency means you can easily buy everything for multiple characters in one day.

I mean… my three guilds on three different servers seem to find a lot more engagement with this event and were able to buy more now.

I got 30k in two hours. As opposed to the 5k I got in four and a half hours, where I logged out to go do something else.

Apparently it is to you. lol

There is no grind. Sit there for 10 minutes if all you want to do is kill the boss. Rinse, repeat.

Which is why I asked you for some source on some majority that wanted it the way it was. Because across three server, two of which are high pop, all I saw were constant complaints about how bad the event was.

So far, I’ve killed 4 bosses today. one didn’t drop anything, as if no credit for the kill, and of the other three, only one dropped any armor at all. I don’t know what it was like before, frankly, but if you are going to flail on a boss for literally minutes, especially with the dragon lag, you ought to at least get some armor, frankly.

1 Like

If you were smart enough to use the group finder, like I did. I was very doable. Congrats, you’re dumb, a liar, or a multiboxer. Pick one. Have a nice day!

Event’s still accessible for the grinder. If you want to grind your soul out on this, go for it. The event got restructured to place priority on people who don’t have 9+ hours a day to spend on a prepatch event.

They did.

No, it changed to fit people who don’t feel like spending a full workday’s worth of hours or more a day doing the events.

The event was poorly handled on launch because it incentivized a level of degenerate time spent on the game.

It got rebalanced to favor people who aren’t spending a significant amount of time on the game every day. Sorry that you’re not in that majority. :dracthyr_shrug:

Whining at me because you aren’t rewarded for doing the event dozens of times across an army of alts anymore isn’t going to fix the issue. Go throw a ticket or suggestion at Blizzard.

1 Like

Did you die? I’ve noticed you don’t get loot or currency if you are dead when the boss dies, even if you don’t release. You do still get quest credit, though, so it’s weird.

lots of people were doing more than 6 a day and in that period you would get 2 pieces of 493 gear guaranteed