Pre-1.10 Alterac Valley

Nearly all of the AV changes from 1.5 to 1.9 were positive, either bug changes or improvements that didn’t neuter the AV experience. It wasn’t until the final patches that AV started to receive heavy nerfs. Blizzard doesn’t need to use 1.5 AV; they can use 1.9 AV and the BG will still retain the old-school feel.

1.8 is when they closed off a large part of the map, removed npcs and nerfed all npcs by 15-30%. It is also the patch that saw marks of honor appear, the first large step toward the BG becoming a race.

If there was a high water mark for AV I would say it was 1.7 (but with the “fixes” that came later in 1.8). The shredder and mines would be missed, and perhaps those could be put back in for more fun.

6 Likes

Think we can get list of the AV changes and in what patches? Might be better to start a new topic for that. The pre AV sounds more fun than the end of vanilla AV, but I would like to examine the changes that went through it’s history.

1 Like

You can click on each patch here:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)

2 Likes

You constantly push your agenda to pollute World of WarCraft with all the poison that destroyed the present live game…

People are going to just sit back and allow you to ruin it again?

4 Likes

For clarity, new thread:

lol…Get used to 1.12 AV…No idea why you people think it’s going to be otherwise…

You are correct. I overlooked the nerfing of AV mob health in the 1.8 patch notes. I guess 1.7 AV is the latest version we should ask for, then.

4 Likes

‘No idea why you people think Vanilla servers will ever be made’ was something commonly said for years.

Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things.

3 Likes

Heres another vote for pre 1.10 av

Also melee hunter needs to be brought back in all its glory, I don’t know why people are disparaging it, let us have the bleed at 31 in survival instead of that wyvern whateverthef#(k that sucks and does not fit with the rest of the tree

I wonder if it just makes sense that they roll it out with the rest of the content patches. Honestly, when i first started reading this thread, i was on the side of pre 1.12 since i would rather have the epic war effort that it used to be. I want to rip out dwarf spines and turn them in for rep! After reading through this thread, i am starting to think that they should roll out AV like they did in vanilla, bugs and all. I think they should start it with old timey PvPvE AV with quests and NPC’s and bosses and minefields; the whole shebang. As time goes on and we are all exalted, and on our 3rd alt, or whatever, we wont have the patience for long form factor AV and we will want the faster rush strat AV. Bottom line, i guess i am on the fence now. I think it is ridiculous to think we would have 2 different queue’s for AV.

hell, PvP and battlegrounds wont even be in classic until stage 2 of the content release plan as it is now. Meh, not like it’s a deal breaker or whatnot, but i would like to at least play 1 old AV again for nostalgia’s sake.

Yeah I am going to go ahead and ask you to stop spamming this crap in every thread.

And yes, spamming on alts counts.

2 Likes

What is this “we” garbage? I for one NEVER want it to slide back into race mode. No way that repeating the same mistakes makes sense.

6 Likes

no alt here guy, more than one person has this opinion on survival hunters being melee (they were like the original avoidance off tank), leveled one on a pserver and wished the whole time I could’ve gotten that extra melee ability instead of going deep bm (had allot of fun 1v1ing everyone except warriors in melee)

Bull. Your one forum post on this character was spewing the same off topic hunter stuff in a thread about another subject entirely. Exactly what the other characters posts were.

6 Likes

yeah its called a shared opinion but whatever put your head in the sand its ok

survival was never a melee spec.

could you mostly melee in pvp? ya cause everyone was trying to get to your deadzone and you could suprise them.

in pve though mobs are hitting the tank so it takes some of the procs that make the spec work out. youll do quite a bit more dmg at ranged like a good hunter.

i remember people playing it as a melee spec and failing and making the mistake of not using over half of the tools they have at their fingertips as a hunter.

its not a melee spec.

Yeah, you are totally two separate players spouting off about off topic survival hunter changes in the AV and other threads that are not talking about hunters.

“sharing opinions”

4 Likes

honestly if it ever were a real melee spec i wouldnt care if they did it as it would be something in the timeline of vanilla.

the hunter pet normalization is something i feel shouldnt be in the game. so i am with you on that one.

asking for changes though that fall in the 1.1-1.12 vanilla patch cycle are valid in my eyes.

make a thread and gather support.

i will say though they probably dont have the patch data that had your lacerate talent in the talent tree.

Another vote for 1.7 or before AV. To the poster (I think it was Cheater, this is a long thread) saying they wanted the version that got them the best rewards the quickest way possible, that kind of selfish attitude is toxic and doesn’t belong in classic. You even said you hated AV so why not do the classy thing and let the people who love it have the version they want? Classic is going to be static, so what if it takes a couple extra weeks to get your cookie? Also as a side note, I hate your opinions and your debate skills/argument style Ziryus.

4 Likes