Potion of the Hidden Spirit (Bugged)

The potion is meant to grant you invisibility for 18 secs, however today it has broken 3 times as soon as I would come close to the mob I am trying to skip. Once in a 17 Necrotic Wake and twice in a 17 Sanguine Depths.

At first, I thought it was me nubbing it out in the necrotic wake, until the SD where everyone in the group had the same issue. Tried to use one outside a dungeon and it only lasted a massive 3 seconds before the effect wearing off.

27 Likes

The same thing has been happening to me.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. It looks like it is tied to buffs being applied to your character. I am running with Phial of Putrefaction. It applies a buff to your character that refreshes every couple of seconds. Once I took that off and used a pot, it stuck. I also equipped it in the middle of invis. It held until the second that buff from the trinket popped up. The same thing happened when I was in ghost wolf and popped a potion. The Spirit Wolf talent, which applies a stacking buff every 1 sec, popped me out almost immediately. Not sure if this applies to group buffs like fort, or hots or whatever but it looks like these auto buffs from trinkets and talents are definitely causing it.

Bump. Happens to me, but I don’t have any visible buffs being applied.

Bump for blue post on fixing this.

Seems fleshcraft automatically triggering is breaking it for necrolords. For shaman players it’s ghost wolf. For some DPS players its certain trinkets. The list goes on and on.

1 Like

same issue today on a +17 SD, the potion lasted only 2 seconds and automatically popped out, i also tested on the outside world and same problem

1 Like

Same problem in a 15 and 14 NW
Using the invis pot to skip the necro before 2nd boss. 4/5 people made it with 1 dropping invis immediately and the other time 2 people dropped it when skipping around.
Guild was saying they’ve had problems with it dropping as well.

1 Like

Can we at least get an official acknowledgement on this?

Yes, this is a major problem. I haven’t figured out exactly what’s doing it on my priest, but I pop the Potion of the Hidden Spirit inside my covenant hall I lose the invisibility buff in 1 second.
Trinkets: Soulletting Ruby, Cabalist’s Hymnal

Happened to me in a guild +14 HOA and cost us the key when my invis somehow popped instantly. Then I got out and kept using them every 5 minutes to try and figure out what was causing it and it just kept popping instantly but turns out it’s just bugged like every other thing in this game. I don’t blame them though, indie companies have it rough.

I stripped all gear off, and popped invis. Still breaks invis.
Spec: Shadow Priest

1 Like

However, I swapped to Discipline spec and Invisibility stays for full duration. So, the problem is localized to something about Shadow Specialization.

So I thought maybe it was Theotar the Mad. Since General Draven is my Disc soulbind. Swapped to General Draven as my shadow soulbind, popped the pot, but the bot still breaks.
Note: Not in shadowform

Every time I use it it instantly breaks now and I’m not certain why. It has cost me a few deaths in M+ so far though. Really weird.

2 Likes

Invis potion broke for me 4 times today in Halls of Attonement on skip before second boss up stairs as soon as i came into range of first set of adds.

1 Like

This has been happening to me in shadow spec. I tested with and without gear/trinkets, in and out of shadowform, no buffs, etc. I am night fae, using dreamweaver soulbind.

When I swap to holy (niya soulbind, if relevant), invis pot does not break.

Same here. Fury warrior, tried disabling all addons, not working.

So then I thought maybe it’s my talents. It breaks with talent set 1133132. Trying 3311323. However, this breaks invis too. I’ve now spent over 1000g in pots and I’m tired of testing. I have come to the conclusion that Blizzard just hates Shadow Priests and doesn’t want them to have fun.

Same here, we’re trying to push a SD and The potion keep it breaking on our shaman and later even on our druid in cat form

1 Like

Happened to me a couple times in m+ today and got me killed each time. Tried using it in my covenant sanctum and still broke out immediately. Zero fall damage or anything else like that. Saw this post and figured out that the Phial of Putrefaction was causing the invis pot to break. Swapped trinket with sire trinket and ran around with a full 18 second invis. Swapped back to phial and it broke as soon as the buff reapplied.