Posting in AH breaks game

So I am not here to complain about the change but ever since the change I am unable to post more than 10-15 items before I cannot interact with anything in game this includes the auctioneer, vendors, SW guards, actually the only thing I can interact with is the mailbox but I cant do anything once I get into it. I have to restart the game completely. I thought it might have been a addon causing the issue but the issue persists with ALL addons disabled. Any help would be most appreciated!!

Have you done a full UI reset (as detailed in Support article linked below) to rule out a misbehaving addon or corrupted UI?

5 Likes

I agree with Kyzera :slight_smile:

While disabling addons is a good first step in troubleshooting, it doesn’t completely remove them from interacting and causing issues. The full ui reset is much more efficient.

4 Likes

OK so I have done a bit more testing and it appears that the game actually returns to normal after a minute or two of being unable to do anything and i teleport back to where I was standing before… Also no I did not do a full UI reset. Just disabled them.

That almost sounds like it’s possibly a connection issue even. That’s not to say I’d rule out a misbehaving addon, just that it points to more than one possible cause.

If it continues after a full UI reset, posting in Tech Support might be a good idea (unless this happens to get moved there).

3 Likes

I wish it was a connection issue but my girlfriend has been on my laptop sitting right next to me playing just fine. This issue only occurs when I am posting in the AH. I can leave the AH and go do a dungeon and kill all the stuff at once and not lag in the least bit.

Hopefully the UI reset helps then!

I really want to avoid a full UI reset as re-configuring almost 100 addons is beyond a nightmare. Yes I have things very customized no I do not have issues with anything. If I just rename the WTF folder and discover the issue is still happening can I just delete the new WTF folder and rename the old back and retain my settings and everything?

I agree with Kyzera, especially after reading the rest of the thread. This sounds like a misbehaving addon. Hopefully a reset fixes it for you.

2 Likes

Yes, you can just go back to the original folder and all your settings will still be there. I do this quite regularly to test stuff in the game while it is in its default state.

5 Likes

OK so the issue is most definitely a addon. Full UI reset fixed the issue. I just pulled 20 listings off the AH and reposted them and nothing broke. I think I might know the culprit going to do some testing and post back which addon was doing the offending.

UPDATE:
The offending addon is TSM. Just noticed that when TSM is disabled there is actually a tiny little popup timer after each listing in the AH. I will contact the TSM devs to let them know. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!! <3 <3 <3

8 Likes

looks like this is a result of a hofix

1 Like

You’re a little late to the game but yes the hotfix is exactly what caused this issue in the first place.