Possible to succeed in PvP as Unholy?

I appreciate all the feedback! I’ll still give it a go and tell you how it’s going as I do. Also Entâri and Petkick I must admit I’ve scoped your gear and stats as a basis for me on more than one occasion. So thanks for helping me out. lol

Also keeps feeling like “Unholy” is the “Bad Boy” of Death Knights. It’s the spec everyone’s telling me not to date or it will ruin your life yet you can’t help but draw little hearts around it’s name in notebooks and dream about changing it for your future together…

2 Likes

its not that bad…in fact you can take comfort knowing this:

If you take Death’s embrace you melt Frost DK’s 1v1 all day. When their high ranked glad teams beat us in 3’s i find them questing in the open world and spank the living chill streak out of them.

baaad bad frostys!

1 Like

this does still highlight that we need a self healing buff.

Agreed, without deaths embrace survivability tanks.

Frost is forced to take Absolute zero because it’s too good.

Unholy doesn’t have a decision like that to make so we can take the survivability legendary

So for me when frost Dk hits me with chill streak I just zip up my coat and wash my sword with them

1 Like

I will for sure be going with the Deaths Embrace artifact first. I was attracted to it’s multi use ability even before I saw such fine people as yourself were using it.

I would also love to know what kind of interfaces you are all using? Anyone using any DK weakauras or special add-ons currently to help keep yourself efficient in PvP? And as always thanks for the input. This post has become a wealth of great people and information.

Seems the DK community as a whole is pretty amazing.

yep i use weak auras and gladiatorlossa2. the latter is a female voice telling you what the enemies are casting on you…pretty sweet.

So when I hear that sweet lil voice say “meteor” …

AMS AMS!!! AMZ AMZ!!! RUUUUUUUN!

1 Like

lol A jolt to the senses. I need to redo all of my weakauras. Do you have a customized one or do you use a premade one? I may need to do some tinkering or find one online. And thanks for the advice as always. ^^

I custom made my weak auras. Mainly just light up doodads when my main abilities become usable or when the stars line up (buffs and free abilities etc) so i can tell when to push buttons.

Cant live without it.

this is the best way to do it, i have my runes, resources and relevant info all built into a hud so i dont have to move my eyes across the screen from corner to corner.

Sounds like I’ll have to work on it! Any recommendations on how to set it up my friend?

tbh i think everyone is going to have their own idea on how to do that, which is why weakauras is so good.

this is all of mine opened and everything showing:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/800696504569430057/812956698850623508/unknown.png

here’s some older clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tazu1xSX2w0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIG6_LXZ-U

the general idea is that i have runes/wounds/gcd and cds all in the corner of my eye almost all the time. so i try to have everything that is available flow to that corner.

do not make deaths embrace it is a huge bait it sounds way better than it actually is. you lose so much kill potential if you don’t take a dps legendary+ on top of that you already do just great into casters

I think you can go either way on the deaths embrace issue. either take it or monstrosity.

point is frost does not have such choice…because not taking absolute zero is a fireable offense.

I have both DE and monstrosity but i go back to DE for the utility…it just does everything.

well he said he was gonna craft it for a first legendary which wouldnt be ideal

That is a fancy Weakaura Inemia ! A lot going on with your add-on but I think I enjoy the Bursting Sores cooldown management the best. I love the top to bottom cycling. For Cooldowns like that I usually run the Tellmewhen add-on for my coodlowns but I don’t think that’s very efficient.

Been playing a ton of PvP as well. Only purely random BG’s for now until my item level gets more respectable and I can dip my foot into some Arena or RBG’s. I will say deathgriping food carriers in the cooking brawl is very satisfying.

1 Like

Saw you with Phearmones the other day, was thinking about crafting it. How did it work? Worth or not?

it’s good into melee cleaves with defile but outside of that its not worth

Thanks, I’ll hold off on it for now then.

i think when we are able to equip two legos it will become insane with deaths certainty involved +defile and grip of the dead