Possible to succeed in PvP as Unholy?

Heya fellow Necrotic friends! I just got a fresh Death Knight to level 60 and I was wondering if it was possible to use them to any efficiency in PvP?

I tried frost while leveling and it honestly just did not appeal much to me. I’ve read several threads on how Unholy is a very lackluster spec for PvP but was looking for some more rational opinions on it.

I was looking to play both RBG’s and Arena’s and would love some input, Especially from other Unholy Death Knights who may be currently playing PvP.

Thank you for all your input!

There’s a 3k Unholy DK named Tygasoraw, so playing at high level is possible.

It’ll just be slightly harder.

Go do it if it’s fun for you.

1 Like

Thank you for your input my friend! Now to start the grueling BG grind… Btw Nice Avatar, the armor looks great on a Tauren.

1 Like

Unholy isnt viable atm i think you should play Frost. Unholy dont fit on this bursty meta cause now its all about instant damage and necrotic strike is not a good talent at the moment because 6% isnt enough.
Furthermore Forst is doing more rot pressure in rbgs with fever. Sorry but its the
sad truth. I hope blizzard will do something. I love unholy but I don’t play this spec because I don’t want to be at a disadvantage.

5 Likes

There’s a few that make it work but it’s definitely playing at a disadvantage. I played it earlier in the season to 1750 in both 2’s and 3’s and kept hitting a wall. I switched to frost and cruised to 1800. Just my experience I’m far from a top rated player.

I wouldn’t judge frost off your leveling experience either. It’s a different experience in PvP and is held up by the legendary you don’t have access to. Flarkness makes good videos maybe watching him play it will change your mind.

1 Like

he doesnt play unholy he would be like 2200 as unholy lol i am the only unholy dk left m8

3 Likes

Ya I only play unholy at 1800 this season. I can’t seem to get higher in 2s and finding partners for 3s who are actually good is a struggle. Do you bother with necrotic strike now? Also have you thought of taking reanimated shambler? That legendary looks fun.

ya i play necro every game and no i havent thought about taking it

What would you want to see for buffs for unholy death DK? I’m not as good as you or the other gladiators but I usually get 2-2.2k quite easily before I get bored and quit, yet this season I’m struggling to get 1800 in arenas. Any tips?

UHH prob necro strike buffed again and soul reaper to be made to go off at 45% in pvp best tip is to learn how to control your pet probably and try to find a consistent team

1 Like

Here’s some validation to your existence you crave.

1 Like

If I was 3k rated as an extremely lackluster PvP spec, I’d be flexing it at every opportunity too. No need to be a hater, just admit that he’s a beast.

4 Likes

I just find his existence annoying for trolling he does to get attention in forums.

I don’t get it.

how is me saying someone isnt unholy trolling? are you okay

2 Likes

Obviously referring to your other comments that you are too dense to notice.

where did i ever troll

2 Likes

I am seriously thinking about switching to necro from Venthyr and just say Eff it and try to adjust on the PvE tanking aspect. It’s truly sad that this has to be such a difficult thing to decide between being the tank I should be for guild or at least having a chance in arenas.

My thoughts are:

1. The only DK that even has a chance at arena is necrolord DK. Without the grippy hands I find it difficult to lock down just about anyone. I even had trouble locking down a warlock (nightfae obviously), imagine that. Something I never thought I’d experience one day.

2. Neither UDK nor Frost is viable in 2s because neither spec has the dueling power to go toe to toe with other meta classes. Not to mention a lot of DPS classes are able to spam heal to the sky.

1 Like

The best thing that they could do for frost is to bump up some of its offensive power in its core abilities to not make chill streak and abomination limbs the end all be all deciding factor for pvp and maybe unholy as well.

Warriors can go night fae, venthyr or kyrian and handle very very well either way (necro is questionable). It would be nice for all of the classes to have that kind of freedom.

been a tough road…but im over 2300 now (strictly unholy). should hit 2400 next week…not impossible!

Its funny…we had a team literally quit after 10 seconds. We joked that it was because the other team had never seen an UK DK at glad levels and didnt know how to counter LOL.

5 Likes