Possible Stormwind and Org overhaul

`https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/status/1253059491274338305

So know if this well come to pass but if it did, what would you want blizzard to update or put in these cities.

Lets try to keep the disscusion to SW and Org I dont think the fourms dont need this to turn into another X city needs to be updated thread

I wouldnt mind if they expanded both suramar status or add a night elf section in SW

2 Likes

The Night Elves should get a city in Hyjal, no reason to put all Alliance races into Stormwind as refugees.

5 Likes

I don’t know if we should expect much more than just higher-res textures (which SW has already gotten before too).

2 Likes

thats probably what they’ll do for sure.

I agree but we know Blizzard doesn’t, they’ve said they see capitals as a waste of resources because no one goes to them (never mind that this is a problem of their own making by only putting key features in SW/Org)

7 Likes

I’d honestly love to see a Worgen and Night elf section.

2 Likes

I mean… it’d depend on what they plan to do with certain races. No point hoping for a Forsaken district in Org if they’re going to give them a new home at some point in the next expansion or two.

Maybe a section of Org that makes it look like people actually live there instead of it looking like a giant trader’s hub?

3 Likes

Well… if it really has to be like this then it would be nice if the Night Elves got a section in Stormwind that is more than just a pumpkin farm with most of them sleeping on the streets, but maybe that’s too much to ask.

Well Org and SW are gonna be the main hubs till the end of time even if nelves and forsaken get new homes, I do think the city should have a multi cultural feel, theres a dwarf district in stormwind, no reason not to have a nelf one.

3 Likes

I have some specific things that have bothered me for years about Org: The gate that leads into the Barrens from the Valley of Spirits should be changed to the metal architecture. The two or three remaining orc structures there should be removed and replaced by troll buildings. Finally, the Drag should be fully converted into the metal-style.

I know a lot of people will disagree but the clashing aesthetics drives me nuts. They could also turn the Cleft of Shadow into a Forsaken area, but I’d also be fine with it staying how it is.

I’m not sure what can even be done with Stormwind other than just upgrading textures or straightening walls. I’d like for the Kirin Tor banners to be removed from the portal room, but I doubt that’s happening.

5 Likes

There’s a difference between a large district because that’s where they all live now and a smaller district that lets them feel more at home when they show up to Org for trade or whatever, which was more what I meant.

No point in, like, making the Underhold a giant new section to Org for the Forsaken to live in when they could just carve out part of the mountain to give the city a bit more space for some new Forsaken themed buildings.

Though, actually, now that I’m thinking about it. I’d love to see the Mag’har remake the harbor. Maybe actually connect it to the city proper instead of having to walk out the gates to get to there.

9 Likes

For Stormwind, just some updated textures. The city is good otherwise.

For Orgrimmar:

1. Less metal and spikes and spikes on your metal and spikes on your spikes. Keep some of it, but have some graphically-updated old-Org buildings as well. As was said above, have some areas where it looks like people might live their normal lives. In one of the books, it was mentioned some people would pass out from heatstroke due to all the metal buildings in a freaking desert, so maybe don’t have quite so many of them. And more adobe Mag’har-style building too, kthx.
  2. As an addendum to #1, give Org chairs.
  3. If it’s a big overhaul, then add a passage straight from the city to the docks, and expand the docks. Have a tunnel through the canyon wall in the Valley of Honor which leads to a new dockyard area with all kinds of Horde ships on display. And maybe a nightborne gondola or two.

(I don’t want Forsaken and night elf enclaves. I want them to get their own full cities. As an excuse, make their new cities the faction hubs for the next expansion.)

9 Likes

Org is a chaotic smear of reds and browns. Clean it up, expand it a bit, and give more character to the “districts” set aside for various races.

Stormwind is pretty well set up. Color coded roofs, clearly separated districts. Friendly for navigation and RP. It could use a bit more character here and there, but the general set up is really one of the better ones.

6 Likes

I’ve always felt Stormwind had a lot more love put into it then Orgrimmar, and the size of each city really helps drive this home.

If they are to update the cities, I hope Orgrimmar gets a much… larger area to it, or at least more built up on the cliff tops or … something.

I guess the best way to put it is… looking at cities like Ironforge, Stormwind, and Suramar. Looking around, the imagination can naturally expand out the city. The city streets lined with buildings can of course fit large populations, the windows up above likely hold more residential dwellings that we just don’t have access to, etc.

Orgrimmar has … none of that though. All the stone cliff faces and canyons do not give the feeling that there is more out there in city, just the small collections of buildings that you immediately see.

10 Likes

I was honestly so sure this was what they were going to do before Shadowlands was announced. Maybe next time.

1 Like

Obviously Stormwind will have the interracial breeding grounds under the Cathedral. It’s the duty of every human male paladin to proliferate and proselytize the elven races. Lightforged and humans should be debating the nature of the Light. I’m utterly shocked at the lack of pushback from the Human version of the Light. Updated graphics is needed too.

Org needs to open up the Underhold already. It should be turned into a Blackrock Foundry with a rail station. It should be populated with Mag’har, Ogres, and Gronn. Goren are apparently Horde now and can be used to tunnel rocks. Vulpera caravan NPCs should be travelling to and from all entrances of Orgrimmar. They did join primarily to explore the world. I really think the Forsaken also deserve a place in Org. I just don’t know where. Maybe part of the Underhold too? It’s been like twice that the entire population of the Forsaken had to flee Lordaeron for the safety of Org.

Looks like they datamined a ton of new buildings

I was dead certain that they had the new cities made before they launched BFA because Lordaeron has a brand new wall in the event.

What I would give to actually be given a reason to set my hearth somewhere else. Like Ironforge. Why can’t we ever go somewhere else that isn’t human themed.

korkron hold out with my homies