Possible identity of the Arbiter

Maybe its like a balance thing, where undead are more void than light so the light hurts them.

Could be… I don’t think it’s that Black and White though. It would be pretty stupid for Blizzard to write themselves in a box like that. Given their track record, they would just retcon that when it becomes to difficult to explain something.

they could always retcon anything, but at least locust walker said that light and void have to be in balance for life to exist, Undead are already unnatural, its basically using death magic to shove a soul back into its broken body and then using it like a puppet.

But if everything is connect to the Light and Shadow… then Death magic is a form of Light and/or Shadow magic.

Yeah but on the chart, death is closer to void than light, it could easily be a balance thing, but of course we have calia who was rezed to undead by the light. to me Light and shadow are just above all other magic and both can use the subtypes of magic how they please, they are the parents of everything anyways.

That is not my interpretation. I think it is more like this:

With the birth of living beings, in this case Elementals and Naaru, such was the Birth of the Primordial force of life. Not because Light is in anyway stronger or the “Parent”. But as a consequence of circumstance.

I do not see Life, Death, Arcane or Fel as anything connected to the Light and Shadow, aside from the fact that beings of Light and Shadow both live and die. Which, to me, makes Life and Death the higher magic. Life and Death still rules over beings of Pure Light and Shadow.

But naaru and others cant truely die and either to the old gods they are above the cycle of death, even titans are above it seems, and most of the elementals turned into birds, trolls, bears and other animals, due to the curse of flesh, the other races are either birth in that way, or created by the titans which used there own bodies, stone and metal to make them.

I mean… But we -have- killed them. I do not think anything is truly above the cycle of death, they just probably have their own pocket dimension in the Shadowlands, where they use Anima to regenerate and prepare for a rebirth.

: I would say we should consider them dead. However as with all things in World of Warcraft and the Warcraft’s universe dead isn’t always dead. If there was a coming of forth of the Old Gods or herald of the Old Gods come down from the great dark-- I can see that easily happening. Not saying that happening, I’m just saying death isn’t the end of the line in World of Warcraft, and it really never has been. I think that’s kind of been from your character to the world around you. There is a cycle.

they have some cycle they die yet they leave echos maybe they can even come back.

Similar to Wild Gods… Who we -know- go to Ardenwald, rest and prepare for rebirth.

yeah but wild gods dont really die extactly cause of that, they are above the cycle of true death for whatever reason

That is what we are talking about. Being’s that are seemingly above the cycle of death aren’t really… They still die, they still go to the Shadowlands. They just have the privilege of rebirth.

Life and Death hold sway over the fates of all things.

1 Like

I wouldnt say they do, if they did they wouldnt need mortals for fix the. but I guess its all stuff we are gonna find out later this year.

That’s an interesting reversal of the usual trope. Where the universe starts out as Dark Chaos which bears an unending grudge for the intrusion of the Light and Law and so seeks to reverse the situation.

The whole of the Night Elf pantheon begs to differ. They actually DID die during the War of the Ancients and extraordinary means were required to bring some of them back thousands of years later. Others remain still dead.