Positivity post are not ok?

i had a post that was flagged by the community and a staff member opted to restore it
then it just disappeared it was about just making a more positive safer community with a suggestion of battle tags

and it’s been one of the more friendly and positive post i seen in a long time

It may have been seen as spam since there’s a megathread up about Battle Tags.

But we don’t know. There are no moderators here. This is a peer to peer help desk.

3 Likes

do i put in a ticket for this then?

If you didn’t receive an email as to why it was deleted with an appeal link, then I’m not sure there is a way to submit a ticket. Check your forum notifications to see if there’s a link in there.

Looks like the most common reason for reporting was spam, Xanestina. That really isn’t terribly unusual if there are existing threads - especially if one is long and at least semi-current.

4 Likes

so is it ok to continue a positivity post just one thas currently active?

You can post what you wanted to say in the active megathread on Battle Tags instead of making a new thread.

2 Likes

none are active

If the megathread is gone, that means it was also deleted and perhaps that topic is no longer something to be posted.

1 Like

Unfortunately, many moderator decisions are unexplained and may seem weird. Blizzard does occasionally delete posts regardless of anyone flags it or not. Sometimes I have seen entire sections of a thread being purged, though I can’t recall any examples.

To be clear, you aren’t referring to an entire thread being deleted, right? Because that’s a separate, though totally valid issue.

yes an entire thread being deleted it was flaged thin deemed to be a false flag and restored thin a while later just disappeared

Oh my bad. I saw your Battletag thread and supported it. I assume it was deleted because it got extremely toxic. I think this happened to the last Battletag megathread too. I think it is crazy that someone else’s toxicity can get a thread removed, but it’s probably what happened.

There needs to be some kind of safe Battletag thread.

5 Likes

If the topic cannot stay civil, then it gets deleted. That’s how it should be. We cannot control others’ actions, so moderators do it for them as they should.

All we can do is advise on what’s best for the health of the community and so there is no further action against the OP.

so basically one or two people can decide others can’t talk about ways for a more positive community. yeah i guss so

Far more than one or two, Xanestina. There are times a thread spins so far out of scope - or simply has served it’s purpose that negatives outweigh positives. Negativity often feeds upon itself. Once a downward trend starts, it’ can often pass the point of no return. That doesn’t mean the discussion wasn’t had - or seen, and served it’s purpose.

You can put in an appeal if you like.

9 Likes

There was, but it got locked and hidden last I knew. Then a new one started and it vanished overnight on Sunday I think? Or Monday.

It was locked because people were bickering and trying to get it locked on purpose. There are some folks who really really enjoy having alts to be anonymous on and want it to say that way. By proving that their alts can be disruptive though, they seem to have only proven the point that single forum ID (btag) would be an improvement.

Locked and delisted thread.

11 Likes

ty it seems we are done here

I do recommend putting in an appeal or Orlyia suggested. To do this, go to Contanct Support and Appeal the Account action.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help

5 Likes

So its that easy to sabotage anything you don’t agree with ?

Not always. It simply depends on how out of control things get as to whether a decision will be made to prune the thread or to delete it.

This is a player made issue, though, not a forum created one.

2 Likes