Portal to Darkshore Missing. (Alliance)

I initially thought there was an unannounced Ilvl requirement for the portal to Darkshore, as my DH and DK had the portal and killed the World Boss, but my rogue and hunter (both under 360) did not have a portal to enter. But then, I discovered that my mage (333) was able to go in and get the WB so now I don’t know what the heck is going on. The rogue is Meerclaw and the hunter is Volk, both on Nazgrel.
Is this a known bug or am I missing something on those two characters?

Also…can you somehow explain to me how I would go about entering an in-game ticket for this problem? This doesn’t obviously (to me, anyway) fit ANY of the little boxes you guys have put up there. And I run into this problem entering tickets almost every time I need something cleared up. It seems you’re fed up with all the complaints over the years and just made it as difficult as possible to ask (hopefully legitimate) questions about things in the game.

Thanks!

1 Like

You need to do the quest chain to open it on any character you want to have access.

3 Likes

So you’re trying to submit tickets that GMs aren’t permitted to help with. That’s not a good thing. They aren’t there to help us with every little thing we can’t figure out.

That said, be 100000% positive that you’ve done everything on those characters. There was another thread answered less than an hour ago that pointed out they missed a quest.

2 Likes

Also, if you have the Night Warrior quest in your log, you won’t be able to see the portal.

You should be able to delete it and get access to the portal if you’ve already unlocked that warfront on another character.

2 Likes

I believe you mean Vovk. :slight_smile:

You’ll need to complete the intro chain. Both your Rogue and Hunter have the quest “Shores of Fate” in their quest log.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was under the mistaken impression that once you did it on one, you had access for all.

Thanks again.

1 Like

That should be true, but if you start the questline on a different character it phases the portal out until you complete it. At least that is how I understand it works.

2 Likes

ah, okay. I just started the quest chain on Vovk and when I was ported to Darkshore, all the WQ’s and the WB were there and available to me. Thanks again for your help. And, as a side note, the comment from Ekon…is that fairly accurate…inasmuchas if it doesn’t fit into one of the boxes, its not something a GM can help with?

1 Like

Yes. That’s part of why they have the prompts you go through before you submit a ticket. If you don’t end up with the option to submit a ticket by following the prompts it’s not something a GM can help you with.

I know it can be frustrating to navigate at times, but it was done to help reduce ticket wait times by eliminating tickets for things that they can’t help with.

2 Likes

So, then we just come here to an answer, I assume…

Absolutely. This forum is for getting help, or at least getting pointed in the right direction to get help.

Even if it is something that you can submit a ticket for, if you are having trouble submitting one the regulars here will often give you a link to that is at the end of all the proper prompts for you to use to submit one.

2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you so much for your help. Its greatly appreciated! :grinning:

1 Like

We should have an option for the majority of what our Support staff can help with, though new and emerging issues may not.

It can take a little time for our Support Site to be updated, as it usually requires identifying a new issue, seeing if it is something that our staff needs to help with and developing policies and procedures that our staff would follow.

If you aren’t entirely certain, we can usually help provide guidance. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Obviously there is some bug happening here… today both portals SAID they went to only Arathi and both only WENT to Arathi. 5 mins later a guildy checked… HE saw Darkshore and are enough it now IS Darkshore.

Well, post in Bug reports then. QA does not come to the CS forums for report.

1 Like